What's new

Some stupid Joker tech (all variations)

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
So I found something pretty interesting. I used this tech without even knowing it was this dumb, I just labbed it to know how much frame advatange it gives you and came across something pretty stupid
anyone who uses joker and his bf4 amp knows that when you're close the explosion moves you away from your opponent a lot so it makes it hard to benefit from your plusframes since you're most likely not plus enough to do anything

so this is how it usually should look like:
as you can see you're +12 after this but you're too far away to do anything.

now here is the stupid part:
d4 is +11 on hit, meaning you can jail into s2 which is 9 frames. in the corner, s2 already leads to 33% meterlessly in AoK and is hit confirmable
so now let's say you hit your d4, your opponent is now blocking and you jail into s21 at max range. you can now cancel into bf4 amp, be far away enough to not get moved away from the explosion and keep your plus frames.
now you're +21 and close enough to dash in and frametrap with f1. when the jack in the box doesn't make contact directly with the opponent but bounces of the ground one time it creates a weird scenario where it's suddenly way more plus without you being effected by pushback.
this leads into shit like this:
I tried to get out of the corner with jacqui with the following options and none of them worked:
d1
d3
d4
f3
reversal dash punch
jump after bf4
jump before bf4 (this gives joker a full combo but I'll get to that later
fb u3/u2

so yeah, jacqui for example has to hold all this. some characters like scorpion can reversal teleport to get out of it but some characters only have two options:
flawless block jokers f1 after bf4 amp
neutral jump (this doesn't work consistently, usually they get caught doing neutral jump but sometimes they jump over it. I tried it 20 times and it worked 2 times out of it)
some characters can fb u3 the jack in the box (jax is the only one so far I testes that could do this, not even scorpion has the range with his fb u3 to hit joker)

as I said, when you're trying to jump the bf4 amp you actually get full comboed and it is the easiest confirm in the world
  • 32% when you try to jump forward
  • 36% when you try to neutral jump (45% with kb)
that's all. maybe you guys have some feedback and ideas how to blow this up, there is a good chance I'm overlooking something and this is far from viable but so far I found nothing.

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
Also wake-up hop 2 or IAJK should eat this.
What exactly do you mean with wakeup hop 2? There is no possibility to wakeup in this sequence. Shorthop 2/3 definitely get hit by the jack in the box so is the jik. Some characters however can probably fb u2 the jack in the box like geras but I have to lab this later in the day who has which options and also if there are some reversals who can get you out of it