What's new

Strategy Some stuff after D4 MS

Vagrant

Noob
Obviously theres f1 / f1 cartwheel

Once you condition with that I like to throw out f4 out of ms and follow up with 31/31 cartwheel if f4 hits.(I got this idea watching showtime do this to cat) GGA Dizzy nut punched me on reaction for doing this though as soon as he saw f4, should I not bother with it?

Sometimes I'll follow up with dash 112 into ms or dash 112 throw. This seems risky though as the string not only is not guarunteed but also hits high

If they block f1 I sometimes follow up with a quick d1 ms throw, although the input is a pain for me still

I noticed I can usually sneak in an extra d4 MS or two after the initial d4 ms to annoy them and bait a jump out.

What's some stuff you guys do out of sonyas d4 mixup game that maybe isn't talked about alot? Lets give the Sonya forums a little life today.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
If I hit the f4 then I JIP into 114, if they crouch block then the JIP hits and if they stand block I can MS into something else instead of the b2.

D4 MS, slight dash into JIP, people tend to respect MS to the point where they just wait for the f1 or grab so they're not ready for a free JIP.

D4 MS, slight dash, D4 MS, F4 as they try to block the next D4 more often then not.

D4 MS, dash, 2 MS. This leaves you really close and doesn't matter if they're crouch blocking.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
I usually just stick with msf1 or f1 cartwheel, or cancel out of it into another d4ms. or I will try d1ms, d1cw, or d1excw. Sometimes I will pause for a moment, and then ex carthweel as a bait. or dash back and throw a ring. It is very matchup dependant, since I really don't like f1ing versus characters like kabal or cage, but I use it endlessly on characters that don't have those fast, mid hitting normals. i also will dash fwd and use 2ms on occasion although I don't like that option as much.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Obviously theres f1 / f1 cartwheel

Once you condition with that I like to throw out f4 out of ms and follow up with 31/31 cartwheel if f4 hits.(I got this idea watching showtime do this to cat) GGA Dizzy nut punched me on reaction for doing this though as soon as he saw f4, should I not bother with it?

Sometimes I'll follow up with dash 112 into ms or dash 112 throw. This seems risky though as the string not only is not guarunteed but also hits high

If they block f1 I sometimes follow up with a quick d1 ms throw, although the input is a pain for me still

I noticed I can usually sneak in an extra d4 MS or two after the initial d4 ms to annoy them and bait a jump out.

What's some stuff you guys do out of sonyas d4 mixup game that maybe isn't talked about alot? Lets give the Sonya forums a little life today.
f4 is +50 on hit. go for the free JIP. its much better imo.

but yea, I always condition my opponent to respect d4 ms f1. once that happens, I can go for some JIP's, grabs, and f4

i love annoying the opponent wih d4 ms, d4 ms, d4 ms lol

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
Yeah after fwd4 take your jump in punch, you can use the regular b21, or something i am trying out which is 44ms, which if it hits get you a free fwd4 on block, and gives you good advantage on block.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
I meant 31 after the free jip
o ok.

I almost never use the 31 string. the only time I do use it is when I know my opponent is block happy, and I'll just use 312 ms f1 after a JIP to build a lot of meter.

I'd rather go for B21 after the JIP. B21 is neutral on block and the cancel adv. on block is +24 so she's guaranteed a MS option. Not to mention, B21 is hit-confirmed into f2 or cartwheel for huge damage into a reset. 31 is also neutral, but the cancel adv on block is only +14, so if she went into MS, the opponent could escape it.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
o ok.

I almost never use the 31 string. the only time I do use it is when I know my opponent is block happy, and I'll just use 312 ms f1 after a JIP to build a lot of meter.

I'd rather go for B21 after the JIP. B21 is neutral on block and the cancel adv. on block is +24 so she's guaranteed a MS option. Not to mention, B21 is hit-confirmed into f2 or cartwheel for huge damage into a reset. 31 is also neutral, but the cancel adv on block is only +14, so if she went into MS, the opponent could escape it.
Use 312ms versus high hitbox characters like kenshi. Helps a ton in that matchup.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
doesnt that string whiff on every character who is crouching?
Doesnt whiff on
Scorpion
Lui Kang
Sindel
Jade
Stryker
Shang Tsung
Baraka
Raiden
CSZ
Kenshi
Rain
Freddy
I think only point blank though. I use it when I have characters cornered the most.