What's new

Tech Some Skarlet Stuff...

ryublaze

Noob
Not like anyone cares anymore about MK9 but here is some stuff I've been working on. (it's not a lot considering almost everything has been found already).

So if any Skarlet players ever had trouble doing an instant air down dagger in the corner after a throw, then you might want to try this. Basically just hold up during the throw animation then react to when she jumps, then input down, back+1. I personally find this easier than just immediately doing an instant air down dagger after her throw. (This might be common knowledge, so forgive me if u already knew about this).

Next I wanted to expand Skarlet's meter build even more. Usually in the corner we try to avoid doing red dash in combos cuz she might go underneath the opponent and u might drop the combo. Well if u just pause then do b2 xx red dash you can get that extra red dash in for some more meter. For the up slash combo disregard the pause.

EDIT: I found an easier way to do the F2,1,2,1+2 combo without Skarlet going underneath her opponent. There's a specific timing for when you do the Down Slash. If you do it too early you'll go underneath the opponent (as shown in my previous video), and if you do it too late you'll drop the combo. What I do is wait a split second before doing the Down Slash (you input it like an Up Slash). It's pretty easy once you get it down.

Now here's a new corner BnB off of Skarlet's U34 down dagger (opponent blocks the U3, but gets hit by the 4).

The BnB is U3, 4 xx Air Dagger (close), D1 xx Red Dash, Up Slash, B1, 1, F4 xx Down Slash, 1, 1, 2 (29%).

This BnB is much easier to land than going straight into B1, 1, F4 cuz her B1 is slower than her D1 and you might accidently walk back while inputting B1. It also does slightly more damage.

@Eddy Wang
@AK L0rdoftheFLY
@Ninj
@MoonSpell
@Laos_boy
@remaining skarlet players

Last edited:

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
The instant air dagger down tech seems reliable - I will look into it, though I dont have problem with imputing the directions after throw.
The 2nd video indeed dose gives a extra meter but is it worth it it or not it depends on reliability. Looks easy though so this might be worth implementing.
I will have to look into 3rd video. I think i normally confirm d1 into reset in most scenarios.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
I picked up Skarlet recently so I'll check these later :)

But how do you guys pull off insta-air daggers when you're zoning? I input udf1 but she just doesn't jump for some reason so she just throws daggers on the ground :S

LionHeart

Whisper within a sigh

But how do you guys pull off insta-air daggers when you're zoning? I input udf1 but she just doesn't jump for some reason so she just throws daggers on the ground :S
Yeah its kinda weird, happens to me all the time so instead I input UB-D-F1 and it works most of the time...

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!

Sounds like you just need to get into the groove of the input, you can practice it with Kitana's IAF for reference if it helps, although keep in mind it's considerably slower.

Yeah its kinda weird, happens to me all the time so instead I input UB-D-F1 and it works most of the time...
Just for the record, the problem with doing that input is due to the relatively small hitbox on IAD compared to other IAFBs, it's highly unlikely you'll be doing it instantly enough to make contact with a standing opponent.

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes

Its pretty hard. It took me like 1 months to hget it down my iaDaggers were perfect. Probably not anymore. I used to ps2 pad

LionHeart

Whisper within a sigh
Just for the record, the problem with doing that input is due to the relatively small hitbox on IAD compared to other IAFBs, it's highly unlikely you'll be doing it instantly enough to make contact with a standing opponent.
Yeah I know, Skarlet is my main. When I input UDF1 most times the game ignores the U portion of the input, don't know why... I can see that my input is OK on practice but Skarlet will just throw Ground Daggers. If I input it BU-D-F1 most of the time it works.

Youphemism

Cool, I'll try that

Sounds like you just need to get into the groove of the input, you can practice it with Kitana's IAF for reference if it helps, although keep in mind it's considerably slower.
Yeah I find doing Kitanas IA fans easier, I can hit them more consistently :confused:

ryublaze

Noob
The instant air dagger down tech seems reliable - I will look into it, though I dont have problem with imputing the directions after throw.
The 2nd video indeed dose gives a extra meter but is it worth it it or not it depends on reliability. Looks easy though so this might be worth implementing.
I will have to look into 3rd video. I think i normally confirm d1 into reset in most scenarios.
i'm landing the meter build combos pretty easily (except the f2121+2 combo), it depends on how well you can input b2 red dash down slash and your timing for the pause. I generally walk back a little for the pause and since I'm already holding back, i just press 2 to get b2 to come out. I've been adding b2 to my general BnBs too and using it for ball roll punishes.

So instead of starter xx red dash down slash, 2 xx red dash down slash, 2 xx red dash down slash, 112 i've been doing starter xx red dash down slash b2 xx red dash down slash, 2 xx red dash down slash, 112. Same thing applies, i just hold back and input 2 like how i would normally input 2 xx red dash down slash, except u would make sure Skarlet doesn't walk backwards.

ryublaze

Noob
Actually, just found an easier way to do the F2121+2 combo. There's a specific timing for when you do the Down Slash. If you do it too early you'll go underneath the opponent (as shown in my previous video), and if you do it too late you'll drop the combo. What I do is wait a split second before doing the Down Slash (you input it like an Up Slash). It's pretty easy once you get it down.

Youphemism

You know what's weird? Just before I came back on to see the f2121+2 video(s) I was actually messing about with it in the corner myself :) then realised that doing it into down slash didn't put you underneath them. That's weird...

But I didn't even think to do a red dash in between -_-

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
The easiest way to master iaDs with Skarlet is by doing Scorps iaT which is much harder and requires exactly 1 or 2 frames to convert it.

I can get my iaDs and iaDDs pretty consistent by this time and they're a very dangerous tool that i would advice anyone have in the arsenal, it stops zoning, it helps otg, it builds setups and lots of annoying possibilities. If i hadn't iaDs i think i would have lost the 2 last tournaments.

nice vids red, i might look into it soon, i'm currently focused on street fighter( ibuki stuuff)

ryublaze

Noob
You know what's weird? Just before I came back on to see the f2121+2 video(s) I was actually messing about with it in the corner myself :) then realised that doing it into down slash didn't put you underneath them. That's weird...

But I didn't even think to do a red dash in between -_-
yea f2121+2 xx down slash was the main BnB people used in the corner. i always try to add red dash for the extra meter.

Youphemism

yea f2121+2 xx down slash was the main BnB people used in the corner. i always try to add red dash for the extra meter.
What's the best damage you can get meterless with her? Corner and midscreen? I can get about 45% midscreen and slightly more in the corner

ryublaze

Noob
What's the best damage you can get meterless with her? Corner and midscreen? I can get about 45% midscreen and slightly more in the corner
if I remember correctly, the highest combo midscreen without jump-in punch is b2 xx red dash down slash, dash u3, dash 3 xx red dash down slash, 2 xx red dash down slash, dash 2,3 red dash slide (50%). It's really hard to do. I don't remember corner damage...probably somewhere in the 60s.

Video: (combo was I believe found by @fr stack)

AssassiN

Noob

That's because you are inputting DF1 too early, in MK9 you don't get airborne that fast.
One of the reasons IAD's are hard to master and is one of the things you'll spend most of your time practicing when picking up Skarlet.
They have to be mastered because they are useful in certain MU's or as AA.

If you do them too early, you'll do grounded daggers. If you do them too late, they'll whiff over their head.
The window is small and your timing has to be dead on.
Perhaps you can try doing Grounded Dagger jump cancel(press diagonal forward/back twice) into IAD. There is no delay necessary in that situation.

Good stuff @RedRaptor10, kinda sad that it's almost useless at this point.
One of piece tech that I remember is a one bar unbreakable combo that leaves Skarlet at enough + frames for pressure: F4~EX Dagger cancel(forward), IAD(instead of 2 bars: F4~EX Dagger cancel, EX Dagger Cancel).
That can be added as one of the hardest things to nail with Skarlet, because you have to be on point with 3 things: canceling as soon as possible, NJ as soon as possible and IAD at the lowest point.

Youphemism

That's because you are inputting DF1 too early, in MK9 you don't get airborne that fast.
One of the reasons IAD's are hard to master and is one of the things you'll spend most of your time practicing when picking up Skarlet.

If you do them too early, you'll do grounded daggers. If you do them too late, they'll whiff over their head.
Perhaps you can try doing Grounded Dagger jump cancel(press diagonal forward/back twice) into IAD. There is no delay necessary in that situation.
I messed about with whiffing u3 xx dagger but she goes up too high, same with u34 xx daggers.

What I found works for me a bit better instead is doing u1df1 or u2df1 but slightly quicker than njp timing so that the animation doesn't even get to start. That way she jumps and the dagger inputs are technically slightly delayed and the effect is what udf1 should do

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist

Good stuff @RedRaptor10, kinda sad that it's almost useless at this point.
One of piece tech that I remember is a one bar unbreakable combo that leaves Skarlet at enough + frames for pressure: F4~EX Dagger cancel(forward), IAD(instead of 2 bars: F4~EX Dagger cancel, EX Dagger Cancel).
That can be added as one of the hardest things to nail with Skarlet, because you have to be on point with 3 things: canceling as soon as possible, NJ as soon as possible and IAD at the lowest point.
i still do this sometimes :p

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
recently I've started to play online and during a day I see like 60+ players - thats not bad.