What's new

Question - Mournful Some questions I have about Mournful?

Hey everyone! Pretty new to the forum and was a Mileena main. However, wanted to try Mileena out and decided to mess with Mournful and really like it. I just have some questions with her that if you can answer, that would be awesome!

1. What do you do with her mid distance and neutral game?
2. When and how should you use her db3?
3. How to make her more safe up close while putting pressure? Basically how to use the glaives up close or even if you should. I just feel like when using her in practice those ex glaives can screw with opponent's head.
4. Do you all have any games or vids I can watch of how you use Mournful?
5. How would you use df1 effectively? I can see how to use it I just want to make sure I am right. It must be respected!
6. That f2...when to use it? Obviously further out but what is the metagame with it?

Thank you!

Last edited:

oaoo94

Owner of HAZARDOUS Gaming
I'm not a Kitana player but EX GLAIVE is a great pressure tool. Don't know if you can armor the second part of that sequence. At least I never tried because Kitana recovers pretty quick and I feel like she can armor break lol.

Another great footsie tool is the shadow kick.

What most kitanas will do is do an air GLAIVE and that's your queue to move in after you block. But as soon as she lands that's a shadow kick to the face and you're in the same situation. She also gets good damage in the corner. Midscreen too. But I think all of it requires a bar. That's all I know lol

I'm not a Kitana player but EX GLAIVE is a great pressure tool. Don't know if you can armor the second part of that sequence. At least I never tried because Kitana recovers pretty quick and I feel like she can armor break lol.

Another great footsie tool is the shadow kick.

What most kitanas will do is do an air GLAIVE and that's your queue to move in after you block. But as soon as she lands that's a shadow kick to the face and you're in the same situation. She also gets good damage in the corner. Midscreen too. But I think all of it requires a bar. That's all I know lol
Yeah she is deadly when it comes to EX glaives. They're always in your face.

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
Hey everyone! Pretty new to the forum and was a Mileena main. However, wanted to try Mileena out and decided to mess with Mournful and really like it. I just have some questions with her that if you can answer, that would be awesome!

1. What do you do with her mid distance and neutral game?
2. When and how should you use her db3?
3. How to make her more safe up close while putting pressure? Basically how to use the glaives up close or even if you should. I just feel like when using her in practice those ex glaives can screw with opponent's head.
4. Do you all have any games or vids I can watch of how you use Mournful?
5. How would you use df1 effectively? I can see how to use it I just want to make sure I am right. It must be respected!
6. That f2...when to use it? Obviously further out but what is the metagame with it?

Thank you!
1. d1, shadow kick, f2 string glaive, u2 glaive, air glaive, backdash/walk back and glaive all day
2. to end combo. And if you're cornered by Sonya, mash it. If she blocks ex db2 the first time, use it one more time, and one more time until you're out of meter :tonyt
3. she's the safest character in the game, just cancel everything you can do into glaive/shadow kick
4. KP has some mournful footages but most of the time he lost. @SM StarGazer come here and unleash your power of glaives
5. mixup ground and air glaive and run up throw
6. Throw it out when you know the range of it. F22u4 air glaive is a true block string that does some chip. You can stop at F22 and back dash, and continue throwing glaive, or F22u4 float, and check them with d1 shadow kick
That's what I do IF I play mournful. Unfortunately I HATE this variation, I'm loyal to her fan forever.