What's new

Some questions about Deadshot

Recently just got inj 2 and played against a really good catwoman player. Of course I got rekted playing my Day 1 Deadshot. Some questions I hope people help me with......

1) Deadshot's d2 as an anti air suck. Is there any viable anti air options for deadshot?
2) Are Deadshot's f2 and b1 mixups reactable/ fuzzyable? My opponent seem to be able to fuzzy it....
3) Is staggering b1 helpful? After a few attempts, my opponents began to bounce armour (or whatever the armoured bouynce launcher is called) and I took like a 45% damaging combo from catwoman.
4) Catwoman's pounce is so fast... like wth. Also the jump in on her range is super retarded. Is it the best jump in in the game? Any idea how I can counter that with Deadshot? On wakeup my opponent just keeps jumping because my assassin knee cant do shit against jumps on wakeup and deadshot's d2 as an anti air sucks

Thanks for any help provided.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Yeah Catwoman vs. Deadshot is really bad after the patch but to answer your questions:

Air to air J1/2(?) (the air shot normal) is hit best AA probably

No, his mix-ups aren't reactable or fuzzyable

Yeah, staggering it is ok but obviously people can counter it.

Yeah, her J2 is one of the best if not the best air normal in the game.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
Yeah Catwoman vs. Deadshot is really bad after the patch but to answer your questions:

Air to air J1/2(?) (the air shot normal) is hit best AA probably

No, his mix-ups aren't reactable or fuzzyable

Yeah, staggering it is ok but obviously people can counter it.

Yeah, her J2 is one of the best if not the best air normal in the game.
tbh they nerfed his straight shot too much.

anyways, yeah doing j1 is best way to keep people out of the air.

Neeko

Noob
Recently just got inj 2 and played against a really good catwoman player. Of course I got rekted playing my Day 1 Deadshot. Some questions I hope people help me with......

1) Deadshot's d2 as an anti air suck. Is there any viable anti air options for deadshot?
2) Are Deadshot's f2 and b1 mixups reactable/ fuzzyable? My opponent seem to be able to fuzzy it....
3) Is staggering b1 helpful? After a few attempts, my opponents began to bounce armour (or whatever the armoured bouynce launcher is called) and I took like a 45% damaging combo from catwoman.
4) Catwoman's pounce is so fast... like wth. Also the jump in on her range is super (soap bar in my mouth). Is it the best jump in in the game? Any idea how I can counter that with Deadshot? On wakeup my opponent just keeps jumping because my assassin knee cant do shit against jumps on wakeup and deadshot's d2 as an anti air sucks

Thanks for any help provided.
Best anti air is j1 for sure. You can stagger the b1 but don't do it all the time. Try to be unpredictable. B1 into d1 can be a good mix up that can also counter pokes if they aren't quick enough and also has quick enough recovery to block opponents trying to armored b3. If you ever connect a d1 a following overhead or grab usually catches em off guard.