What's new

Tech Some MU specific mine tech

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Someone said I should post these:

Basically this is showing some stuff off of 113xxfar mine as an ender. I'll go ahead and cover a few things...

Can they tech roll? Yes, but they are still left sitting on the mine. If they roll or don't, they'll end up directly on top of it.

Can they wake-up? Yes, of course, this isn't an OTG. However, anyone not privy to wake-up attacks (examples of Zod and Batgirl) can be forced to either take the +20 and set-up or be forced into more damage. Against certain characters, this can be lethal as it gives Lex time to set-up his tools.

Why are some combos ended with b.2 u.3 d.3? Aside from being the most damaging string, its really the only damage-based ender I can do with my limited Lex skill. You can interchange the endings as you see fit.

How much does it cost? For the full combo set, both start and end, it costs 2 bars and generates about 1 bar back. So for the amount of just 1 bar, you can dish out potentially 85% or more in damage along with the incredible amount of wall-carry.

Can any characters get out for free? Depends on if you use the same set-up for all characters. Its advisable to change your tactics based on the character choice of the opponent, however by and large there aren't any characters whom can cover the full-screen safely and quickly barring one: Ares. He is a character you, honestly, shouldn't be trying this set-up on and should instead opt for something more along the lines of 113xxProbe and try to react what best you can. Everyone else who covers the screen quickly (teleporters, for example) faces huge disadvantage if they are blocked, and everyone whom covers it "safely" (Killer Frost, for example) is vulnerable to a reactionary Mb f.3/b.3 or other counter due to their slower speed of approach.

This isn't the end-all-be-all tech of techs, but its something to work on and try out. Hopefully some of the more astute Lex players can improve upon it.

LtLuthor

I posted it, but I don't really know who all to tag who would care so like... I guess if you know anyone then tag them.

Looks good. I'll try these out in the morning. I want to see what Lex can do with that +20 from the mine: shields, probe or orbital strike.

The way to test would be to set the enemy to auto-block, then set a reaction attack. The ai will automatically block the mine, and attack after- that would be the check to see if Lex can get a free probe, shields etc.

Im worried Zods pistol might stuff any setup Lex goes for, even after having to block the mine.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Looks good. I'll try these out in the morning. I want to see what Lex can do with that +20 from the mine: shields, probe or orbital strike.

The way to test would be to set the enemy to auto-block, then set a reaction attack. The ai will automatically block the mine, and attack after- that would be the check to see if Lex can get a free probe, shields etc.

Im worried Zods pistol might stuff any setup Lex goes for, even after having to block the mine.
I'll test it for you.

From my tests, even if he shoots you your moves will come out.
Probe, Lazer, everything.

Staff blast will trade for more if he blocks the mine, and you have time to block the charge if he happens to do it. Wait until the mine click, then fire.

Lazer seems to be the best bet since it gives you the knockdown and all.

LtLuthor
(Might still be processing, but that should give the jist of it)

From my tests, even if he shoots you your moves will come out.
Probe, Lazer, everything.
That's great. I'm guessing mine is more + on block then the frame data suggests.

I was messing around with it this morning, and I found that because the mine actually doesn't become active the moment it comes out- there is some time between when Lex is done with the animation, and when the mine causes block-stun, so that interval adds on to how how much frame advantage Lex has, because he can already start throwing out a probe before the mine has even become active to cause the block stun.

This is significant- it saves a setup I was working on that I thought was totally worthless because the opponent could just tech roll and I didn't think the grav mine block-advantage allowed Lex much freedom at that distance- will post video of it soon

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
This shit is really awesome. Now you should start posting some awesome shit for the Shazam players so i can stea.......Errr i mean use that tech. :joker:

Unfortunately after I did some testing this doesn't work- the enemy gets out of the mine if they tech roll, and do not do a wake-up out of the tech roll.

If they tech directly into a wakeup, this cancels out of the tech roll, so they do not roll as far back and get caught in the mine as a result.

However, if they tech roll and just hold back to walk back a bit, they won't be caught in the mine.

It means when the enemy gets up after the tech roll, Lex is at 0 advantage, and any character that can stuff a naked probe throw from full screen can do so as they normalu would.

So far from my testing- Sinestro and Deathstroke stuff every possible setup Lex can get this way even with their slowest startup range attacks (Deathstroke's assault rifle and Sinestro's boulder). I'm assuming the same would work for Zod's pistol, but I can't test this right now because the console I have here doesn't have the DLC characters. Likewise Batgirl should be able to get out of this by just teching, walking backwards a tiny bit, and throwing something out immediately afterwards. Depending on how the attack changes the hitbox of the opponent's character, they may or may not have to walk backwards after the tech roll at all before they can throw out a range attack after they get up (not a wakeup though). This is the case for Sinestro. Deathstroke has to walk back a super-tiny amount before he can get off his quick shots or assault rifle, but even then he can still get them off fast enough to stuff EVERYTHING Lex does afterwards.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Unfortunately after I did some testing this doesn't work- the enemy gets out of the mine if they tech roll, and do not do a wake-up out of the tech roll.

If they tech directly into a wakeup, this cancels out of the tech roll, so they do not roll as far back and get caught in the mine as a result.

However, if they tech roll and just hold back to walk back a bit, they won't be caught in the mine.

It means when the enemy gets up after the tech roll, Lex is at 0 advantage, and any character that can stuff a naked probe throw from full screen can do so as they normalu would.

So far from my testing- Sinestro and Deathstroke stuff every possible setup Lex can get this way even with their slowest startup range attacks (Deathstroke's assault rifle and Sinestro's boulder). I'm assuming the same would work for Zod's pistol, but I can't test this right now because the console I have here doesn't have the DLC characters. Likewise Batgirl should be able to get out of this by just teching, walking backwards a tiny bit, and throwing something out immediately afterwards. Depending on how the attack changes the hitbox of the opponent's character, they may or may not have to walk backwards after the tech roll at all before they can throw out a range attack after they get up (not a wakeup though). This is the case for Sinestro. Deathstroke has to walk back a super-tiny amount before he can get off his quick shots or assault rifle, but even then he can still get them off fast enough to stuff EVERYTHING Lex does afterwards.

Tested since I felt the answer was deserved. When you walk backwards to block the immediate responses, you remove the space in which your opponent can do the same. I, too, tested them doing things such as backdashes and the like, and while I found my approach means inconsistent, I found my defensive means to prevent it. ESPECIALLY if I do a backdash which avoids a lot of the options but removes the ability to punish them (KF slide is avoided but not punishes, etc).

Also theres the option to not use naked probe and instead use one of his faster options (lance blast, etc) and in that case you have an opponent whom cannot walk forwards at all. The characters you listed don't have a reliable full-screen coverage movement-based attack so they would be the common victims of simply going straight from full mine to laser since it'll punish pretty much everything they do, or lance blast if you're worried about beating their options out. In fairness, if they don't have a full-screen moving attack you have the option to go straight from mine to orb and they won't be able to stop you either.

Hence why I said you should vary your tactics based on who you fight.

Tested since I felt the answer was deserved. When you walk backwards to block the immediate responses, you remove the space in which your opponent can do the same. I, too, tested them doing things such as backdashes and the like, and while I found my approach means inconsistent, I found my defensive means to prevent it. ESPECIALLY if I do a backdash which avoids a lot of the options but removes the ability to punish them (KF slide is avoided but not punishes, etc).

Also theres the option to not use naked probe and instead use one of his faster options (lance blast, etc) and in that case you have an opponent whom cannot walk forwards at all. The characters you listed don't have a reliable full-screen coverage movement-based attack so they would be the common victims of simply going straight from full mine to laser since it'll punish pretty much everything they do, or lance blast if you're worried about beating their options out. In fairness, if they don't have a full-screen moving attack you have the option to go straight from mine to orb and they won't be able to stop you either.

Hence why I said you should vary your tactics based on who you fight.
Maybe I explained it wrong.

If Green Lantern tech rolls, floats back for 1/10th a second, and then does his basic projectile, Lex get's nothing. Lance blast will trade, Lex's shields will get immediately dispersed and Lex will take +25% damage penalty since he is hit at level 1, probe is interrupted and won't come out, orbital strike won't come out.

Superman can do the same, even though Supe's zoning tools have slow startup.

Shazam can use his basic projectile and it will either trade with Lex's lance blast, or stuff probe, or orbital strike, or immediately disperse shields etc.

Joker, Deathstroke and Sinestro stuff anything Lex will do at that point at all.

The situation is no different than any other time Lex is at full screen against an enemy. If they outzone Lex, and nearly the entire cast does, Lex will get outzoned as usual. If they don't land on the mine, they aren't at any frame disadvantage at all, and it's the same as any other situation where Lex and the opponent are full screen. They can't walk forward- but why would they want to when they can just zone Lex out?

I'm assuming the same would apply to Batgirl's batarangs and Zod's pistol. If Shazaam's projectile was able to stuff all of Lex's options in that case, theirs would as well.

If the goal is to get a 100 % free setup, and keep the enemy at full-screen, you might as well be doing an u3 xx probe/orbital strike/mine ender.

Why risk taking damage to get a probe out when you can just get it out guaranteed for 100% free and unpunishable? I guess you could say "well, there is a mine in front of them and this restricts their forward movement" but a probe does the same thing. If they try dashing forward and get hit by a probe, they have to eat an orbital strike as a consequence.

Basically, u3 xx probe is just one of Lex's regular BnB setups, and it gets all you're looking to get with this setup, but doesn't get stuffed just because the opponent tech rolls and has a ranged attack.

If they wake-up a probe after an u3 will hit them out of their wakeup, and they have to deal with the resulting orbital strike as well.

It does the same amount of damage, and you don't have to hope the enemy doesn't tech roll and punish with their ranged option- and both Zod and Batgirl have ranged options that should stuff any yolo-probe or yolo-orbital strike Lex tries to throw out. They just need to tech roll the mine, and wait till they get up instead of doing a yolo-wakeup.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I wanted to do u.3xx far mine, but I couldn't get the command down, honestly. 113xx far mine achieved the jist while being in my range of play lol...

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
LtLuthor

Against Joker, my advice is to go directly from mine to backdash. I've had consistent results where I actually pull their edge of the screen in and leave them rolling on the mine, and since they don't have much of any wake-up game it comes out pretty well since I go straight from backdash to lazer for the unblockable, but I dunno. Further testing is needed, and since you've been great to help out a lot so far perhaps you could lend further assistance?

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
As Lt. Luthor stated, my tech began to fall apart because of full tech rolls.

After racking my brain a bit, I found a solution and I hope you all can watch this and criticize it to better fit a general gameplan.

Its quick, only 8 seconds, and it uses an old May tech called the "splat stand". The f.3 is untechable so the opponent has to stay on the mine. Likewise it gives the same advantage the 113 version does, where as you are entirely safe and able to backdash, Mb b/f.3, and so on so forth to fend off any rebuttals. My only concern is backdashes, but you should have time to fish out an orb against some characters and defend against the rest.

LtLuthor
G4S J360
WannabePlayer
OmegaK
AK Glass_Sword

Tell me what you think :)

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
As Lt. Luthor stated, my tech began to fall apart because of full tech rolls.

After racking my brain a bit, I found a solution and I hope you all can watch this and criticize it to better fit a general gameplan.

Its quick, only 8 seconds, and it uses an old May tech called the "splat stand". The f.3 is untechable so the opponent has to stay on the mine. Likewise it gives the same advantage the 113 version does, where as you are entirely safe and able to backdash, Mb b/f.3, and so on so forth to fend off any rebuttals. My only concern is backdashes, but you should have time to fish out an orb against some characters and defend against the rest.

LtLuthor
G4S J360
WannabePlayer
OmegaK
AK Glass_Sword

Tell me what you think :)

That works well and doesn't seem to sacrifice much damage for it either. I want to toy around with lex today, he starting to seem more and more fun to me.

Immortal Kombat

almost moderate success
Wow..i seriously just watched constructive mature criticism grow into really nice safe tech! Amazing!
Theres hope for TYM! Great work lex forums! If they were only all like this

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Lol... I'm not even part of Lex forum though :(
I'm a Bane forum guy but I fiddled with Lex and I like his set-ups, and the community said they needed help in the batgirl MU so I was like "I'll find you guys something"

T4T|Nevan

"Burn baby! Burn!"
Dat setup could be used with a mid/normal mine to keep them out correct?

I'll mess with this in the lab today.

Having a tourny comming up and I wanna be prepared =)