What's new

Some kano ball tech - New kombo's are on the menu boys!

Hm good 2 know

But i doubt that its useable in real matches (you have to do the kick so close above the ground that your enemy has to sleep to get hit or not counter hit you). But still interesting to see how different the follow up can be if you time the jump kick right.

Last edited:

nicktho

Noob
I've been trying to get an air kball with enough advantage off his other launches but can't get enough. I've tried b2 and 231+2amp, with combinations of hitting while opponent is in the air. I'm one or two frames off landing a ji2 after a b2 or 231+2amp which would let me cancel and get enough hit adv, so close yet so far.

Last edited:

trufenix

bye felicia
Hm good 2 know

But i doubt that its useable in real matches (you have to do the kick so close above the ground that your enemy has to sleep to get hit or not counter hit you). But still interesting to see how different the follow up can be if you time the jump kick right.
It sounds like you don't use air kano ball enough, which is unfortunate but that's how you have to play kano if you want to win. Air KB is impossible to anti air, comes out in like zero frames, hits at crazy cross up angles, and is super difficult to punish on mb. Will you get punished? Yes, but along the way you will land so many empty jump low / grab / overhead mixups and more importantly, your opponent will be afraid to d2 (unless the have an outrageous one like Jade or Baraka)

trufenix

bye felicia
I've been trying to get an air kball with enough advantage off his other launches but can't get enough. I've tried b2 and 231+2amp, with combinations of hitting while opponent is in the air. I'm one or two frames off landing a ji2 after a b2 or 231+2amp which would let me cancel and get enough hit adv, so close yet so far.
The risk on this is huge, but on a read this is a nice bit o' tucka. Thank you!

trufenix

bye felicia
You mean OS with the d1? big if true
I think he means more hit confirm than option select, but the logic is sound. You already should amp most blocked air balls, so the hard part will be hit confirming a j.k into kano ball and not pressing the amp button, also spacing and a lot of variables.

If there was a magic input that made it amp on block but crouch jab on hit, I'd want it gone, that's dumb.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
omg thank you I was wondering what to do after a neutral J4, can you F2 after the kano ball?

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
omg thank you I was wondering what to do after a neutral J4, can you F2 after the kano ball?
Nope.

In fact, after dozens upon dozens of tries, I only landed the d1 twice. The timing and positioning of your kick and timing is the d1 is so precise that it’s nearly impossible to do on purpose. I don’t see this ever happening in a real match.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Nope.

In fact, after dozens upon dozens of tries, I only landed the d1 twice. The timing and positioning of your kick and timing is the d1 is so precise that it’s nearly impossible to do on purpose. I don’t see this ever happening in a real match.
Damn, hopes crushed. I hope they fix his recovery on air kano ball so we can get a combo out of it.

imblackjames

Ive seen the leprechaun
Nope.

you have to space it out so you hit the lower half of the body. the lower the contact with their body the better. but knowing this i was able to get this pretty consistently.

nicktho

Noob
Nope.

Yeah i dont think its viable to go from jik to kball to d1, BUT, it lead to the discovery of the tech for me. I'm trying to in the corner to see if there are some more optimized kombos.

CO-KANO

psn: UNFUCxWITABLE_1

You can get a d1 in if you hit an air-kano ball on an airborne opponent. I do it here with a ji3, aiming for the upper thigh to get enough hit advantage. Interested to see some other scenarios!
No shit...damn thank you ima whoop some ass

ShadyHeart

Relationship with Sonya ended
There's no reason to do this over a jip into a safe hit confirmable string instead or jik to dash forward and whatever after.

Error

DF2+R2
I found this in May.;)(tm)
It's very situational but I've actually had it come up in a few matches, so being aware of the conversion is nice. He can also get the d1x lumbar check after some air to air kano balls.