What's new

Some initial thoughts on Burning Specter

vegeta

Saiyan Prince
Yeah man, b1, b14 and b2 are all amazing to cancel. B14 cancel into d1xxmb3 works so much, it's great having a safe turn stealing move.

I've been ending a lot of combos into st4 xxmb3. I usually follow up with a f3 and then you can work the frame advantage in a lot of different ways when they respect it. Its especially good in the corner because you can jail into 21.
“Respect”
I get annoyed a lot online because most people I fight just swing all day and I can’t train them to respect anything. Can’t get a read on some of them either because they do crazy stuff or randomly block or attack out of panic and it happens to beat me out or something. Sucks in KL since it’s also wireless warriors that really make frames mean squat lol

vegeta

Saiyan Prince
Lol, nah I try not to get upset. Not really anything on the line plus it's just netplay. Just a constant learning experience for me. I dont really play kl.
I’m only playing to get frosts skin. I run her and scorpion. I try not to get salty but sometimes opponents annoy me. Especially the ones that are arrogant or something or talk trash or tbag. I’m like “you’re awful at the game” but I have trouble making them “play the game” as “we” understand it. That’s all. KL is also terrible but I’m just gonna get the skin and leave it be.

One of the best things about V3 is that Sco can abuse the Flawless Block window safely. Using MB3 leaves you at -5/6 depending on the string used, & pushes Sco out of throw range. Meaning he only has to deal with the strike of strike/throw.

With the F/Block window being so generous, you can block attack punish most counter pokes with the same F/Block timing. Example of this during some sets;

I like to use it after 11~MB3 or F42~MB3. I also have to mention U3 is what you should use most times because it leaves you with optimal positioning and punishes most counter pokes.

Are you sure? I can't interrupt it with anything else than 6f D1.
I could with Scorp's s1. Couldn't mash it though.

I dunno, I guess I'll look into this variation since it looks like it's fun even though Scorpion is trash and fun is really all I'm looking for in this character anyways.

fireborg

Noob
so after a mb teleport you are supposed to be able to do air D2 in combos. i cannot get it by far - any advice?

also might sound stupid to you guys, but i ve been busy lately with work - didnt even had 30 min to practice BS. what is the most common use of misery blade? and strings you use it with?

MB3 tends to whiff a lot also on block , which leaves me wondering how to use it for hit confirms and if you do or dont have to commit to it.

thanks dudes

so after a mb teleport you are supposed to be able to do air D2 in combos. i cannot get it by far - any advice?

also might sound stupid to you guys, but i ve been busy lately with work - didnt even had 30 min to practice BS. what is the most common use of misery blade? and strings you use it with?

MB3 tends to whiff a lot also on block , which leaves me wondering how to use it for hit confirms and if you do or dont have to commit to it.

thanks dudes
If you're trying to pull it off online; the best I can say is just practice, maybe even with the forced delay from the settings. You want to hold up after your ex teleport and once you see that scorpion is entering a full jump input d2

fireborg

Noob
If you're trying to pull it off online; the best I can say is just practice, maybe even with the forced delay from the settings. You want to hold up after your ex teleport and once you see that scorpion is entering a full jump input d2
thanks man

thanks dudes
It's really not hard. Just dont try to be fast. After Amp TP, hold up to make sure you dont get a short hop. Once you see Scorp Jump hit D2. You have to dash buffer to finish combos though.

I stopped trying to do sin blade combos and just tried to do f3, 4 spear. Easier to do and dmg is comparable. B1,4 ex tp, f3, 4, ex spear, 4, mb3 is 33% and b1,4, ex tp, njd2, f3, 11, ex spear, mb3 is just 34%. You lose the one percent but get a easier to time combo.