What's new

Some Information on the Beta (beta code schedules, mainly)

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
Here's my 'prediction': PC will not get a beta / demo, despite having a its pre-orders up before consoles, and despite needing a net-code rehearsal much more than consoles do... Because Denvuo is useless, consumer-punishing garbage and the game would end up online, for free, before it was even released!

:coffee:
Denuvo? Really? That dude has failed, his games now become cracked after a couple of days/weeks. He can pack his bags. He is finished by the likes of CPY, Codex and even Reloaded.

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
What does it have to do with MK11 then?
He's probably in charge of their anti-piracy thingy, but Netherrealm studio's would do good to save their money, it is gonna get cracked fast anyway.

EDIT: Just searched on Crackwatch, and NOPE, they are smart, Denuvo is not in there, it's actually just Steam.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I can confirm that bol.com is the largest online retailer in the Netherlands and their info is highly trustworthy. They do not just put info up on their website unless it's been approved by the publisher. You can reach this page by going to the Mortal Kombat 11 product page and clicking on the link "learn everything you need to know about the beta". This is definitely legit unless WB Benelux (Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg) gave them te wrong info.
My guess is that the beta will be in weekend spurts. So it'll be Friday - Sunday, April 5 - 7th, then they'll shut servers down, look at the data, then reopen servers Friday April 12th - Sunday April 14th and expand the beta (send out round 2 of codes) and collect more data, and so on.

That way there's only like 12 (or so) actual beta days but spreading them out over a month gives them a chance to add and analyze content each week giving them lots of time to address any really serious issues that may crop up before launch.
This seems to be the most plausible explanation. But they may also talk about this during the Kombat Kast this week so we'll see.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
I don't see the beta lasting until the release date. Just seems way too long. I'd be happy with a week. Maybe it will be that long, though. I recall NRS slowly adding more characters to the online beta when they completely changed the netcode. That was a bit different, though. The game was already out and that was strictly to test their new netcode.

Hopefully NRS announces the actual dates soon.

rubmytaco

CarriedByClone
I don't see the beta lasting until the release date. Just seems way too long. I'd be happy with a week. Maybe it will be that long, though. I recall NRS slowly adding more characters to the online beta when they completely changed the netcode. That was a bit different, though. The game was already out and that was strictly to test their new netcode.

Hopefully NRS announces the actual dates soon.
If I remember correctly, the Injustice 2 (closed) beta was available for a little less than a month. The main difference was that the I2 beta rolled out in waves, and it seems like this one will be available to everyone from the start. I believe the original Injustice and MK9 also had a demo that was available a month in advance until the game released, so it's not like this is the first time they've done this.

KRYS9984

Noob
If I remember correctly, the Injustice 2 (closed) beta was available for a little less than a month. The main difference was that the I2 beta rolled out in waves, and it seems like this one will be available to everyone from the start. I believe the original Injustice and MK9 also had a demo that was available a month in advance until the game released, so it's not like this is the first time they've done this.
Still waiting for my Injustice 2 beta code.....lol

#teamnocode

If someone doesn't get the reference, there was a whole thread about this back in 2017; many TYM members including some top players didn't receive codes and (we) had to watch / theorycraft from the sidelines.

Mortal Kombat 9 and Injustice Gods Among Us had demos which consisted of a handful of characters (MK9 = Johnny Cage, Mileena, Scorpion, Sub-Zero / IGAU = Batman, Lex Luthor Wonder Woman). If I remember correctly, each demo was released roughly a month before the actual release and only playable offline.

Mortal Kombat X didn't have a demo (GGPO Beta later on) and Injustice 2 had a pre-release online beta as mentioned above (similar to what will happen with MK11).

As for the duration, Netherrealm doesn't seem to be consistent with these sorts of things so it's difficult to determine what they have planned; we really need to wait for official confirmation.

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
You know what would be freaking awesome? If they gave different people at random different characters access we've seen so far. Like some people would get just the Jan event roster, or just 4 of them say some fans got Baraka, Scorpion, Sub-Zero and Sonya.

Others would get Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Skarlet and Geras.

Others would get Jade, Scorpion, Sub-Zero and Raiden

Others Raiden, Skarlet, Jade and Kabal

etc, etc I think this would be awesome lol. Thanks for reminding me I have to activate my code, preordered it few weeks ago just been so busy but I better do it now lol.
What is this talk about activating a code, and the other guy who downloaded something already?

I pre-ordered via PSN, and haven’t seen any additional info yet.

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
Just a heads up, preordering for PC will also NOT give you a PS4/Xbox code, just to be clear as I haven't seen this specified anywhere very clear.

JINNOCIDE

I only show up when a new game's around
An event popped out on my PS4 and it was "MK11 beta". It started Feb 22nd and ends March 31st. Did the change the date?

If not, I clearly see people pre ordering the game thinking they can play the demo now...

Ger187

Noob
An event popped out on my PS4 and it was "MK11 beta". It started Feb 22nd and ends March 31st. Did the change the date?

If not, I clearly see people pre ordering the game thinking they can play the demo now...
Ive got that too but look at it it says MKX. I dont know what it is tbh

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
Can someone help an old man out ? So i preordered sometime last month but havent (to my knowledge) recieved any codes ? Is it in e mail or on ps or what?:oops:

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
What is this talk about activating a code, and the other guy who downloaded something already?

Pretty much when you preorder they give you the code for the beta if you preorder for Xbox or PSN only, if you preorder Switch or PC there is no beta for them unfortunately. However, it will only be able to get activated/live starting the end of March. Your thing is on the receipt, you can redeem it now but it won't actually be playable til the end of March(the beta then end once the game releases or shortly before)

NOTE:I preordered mine from Gamestop, so it's on my receipt. I don't know how it works if you guys preordered elsewhere however.

Ger187

Noob
Pretty much when you preorder they give you the code for the beta if you preorder for Xbox or PSN only, if you preorder Switch or PC there is no beta for them unfortunately. However, it will only be able to get activated/live starting the end of March. Your thing is on the receipt, you can redeem it now but it won't actually be playable til the end of March(the beta then end once the game releases or shortly before)

NOTE:I preordered mine from Gamestop, so it's on my receipt. I don't know how it works if you guys preordered elsewhere however.
I preordered digital. I get the beta automatically right? Or i jave to do something else?

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I preordered digital. I get the beta automatically right? Or i jave to do something else?
I would imagine they'd send you an email? I think that's what they do digitally if I'm not mistaken. I actually think they send everyone an email once the beta goes live if you preordered in person if I'm not mistaken(forgot about that part)

Agilaz

It has begun

Same. Presumably digital pre-orders don't actually provide a code, you're just straight-up in the beta when it goes live

Doctor Future

Baraka Lives!
So as many have pointed out already, it is strange the beta will be a month long and available up until the game is officially released.

But it would be amazing if it’s true.

I just we get a practice mode so I can lab it up with my boy Baraka. :cool: