What's new

Tech Some good stuff by mr menoutis

I have a few questions for aquaman players:

- why do you guys never blockconfirm b12 into trident rush?
- isnt it better to save your meter and not use mb trident rush when you have 2 bars or less? just so you have the threat of a 20% from the deep or MB3, push block or other stuff. Imo when I play I always try to have at least 2 bars of meter, because you are more of a threat with meter than without. A lot of times I see aquaman players with just one bar of meter and try to get in to use MB trident rush or just sit there and use MB trident rush as soon as their opponent gets in

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
B12 is unreliable to hit confirm into ftd and confirm into rush on block. And I would think meter management is more opponent specific but you make a reasonable point.

B12 is unreliable to hit confirm into ftd and confirm into rush on block. And I would think meter management is more opponent specific but you make a reasonable point.
why is it unreliable? whats the difference between a naked trident rush/d1trident rush compared to b12trident rush?

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
why is it unreliable? whats the difference between a naked trident rush/d1trident rush?
I have tested this a while back, if you set the CPU to random block you cannot simultaneously hit confirm and block confirm it 100% of the time.

I also explored using b12 hitconfirm FTD while b123 block confirming trident rush, but b123 last hit whiffs a lot on crouch or far away which leads to full combo punish. Maybe there is some MUs this is more viable in than others, IDK, but it was happening to me a lot in real matches when I tried it out.

I have tested this a while back, if you set the CPU to random block you cannot simultaneously hit confirm and block confirm it 100% of the time.

I also explored using b12 hitconfirm FTD while b123 block confirming trident rush, but b123 last hit whiffs a lot on crouch or far away which leads to full combo punish. Maybe there is some MUs this is more viable in than others, IDK, but it was happening to me a lot in real matches when I tried it out.

Yea im going to make a list of characters the 3 in b123 whiffs on, i have a good idea of all the characters it whiffs on already. #FuckYouGreenArrow

I never understood, what makes something confirmable? You have like enough time to react? Is there some guideline or w/e?

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I never understood, what makes something confirmable? You have like enough time to react? Is there some guideline or w/e?
Has to be able to link, and you have to have enough time after it hits to recognize that it connected (vs. being blocked) and make the link.

Has to be able to link, and you have to have enough time after it hits to recognize that it connected (vs. being blocked) and make the link.
Link to specials right? So, B12 is linkable to FTD, so what's the issue then?

I sometimes think Raven's F222 is hard to hitconfirm or her B12, etc.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
Link to specials right? So, B12 is linkable to FTD, so what's the issue then?

I sometimes think Raven's F222 is hard to hitconfirm or her B12, etc.
It can be to anything. For example, you could hitconfirm the first hit or first couple hits of a string into the remaining ones. It's just a general term that covers detecting a hit and linking it to something else.

The issue is that FTD is unsafe, so if you throw it out without hitconfirming it, you get punished. So what people are trying to say is that you don't have enough time to see if b12 hits and then chose whether to FTD or Trident Rush afterwards.

It can be to anything. For example, you could hitconfirm the first hit or first couple hits of a string into the remaining ones. It's just a general term that covers detecting a hit and linking it to something else.

The issue is that FTD is unsafe, so if you throw it out without hitconfirming it, you get punished. So what people are trying to say is that you don't have enough time to see if b12 hits and then chose whether to FTD or Trident Rush afterwards.
I know how linking works in SF, but NRS games are weird.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
No, there is no guideline. You just have to test it. Obviously b12 is easily hit confirmable into FTD, but doing both hit confirming one thing and block confirming the other takes more time to react. It's fairly easy to just hit confirm a two hit string like b12 while on block just doing nothing.

Actually, this is a cancel. All the strings in INJ are just cancels. The only things that are links (in a loose sense) are certain juggle combos.

Link = Letting an animation finish completely then following up with another move that combos. This is not allowed in INJ for grounded hits.

Cancel = The game allows you to end the animation early by going directly into another move (i.e. string into special)

I know how linking works in SF, but NRS games are weird.
with nrs games to hitconfirm something it needs to have atleast 2 hits and there needs to be a sufficient time gap between the first and second hit for you to be able to visually hitconfirm it, because you have to input the launcher before the move that you want to cancel into comes out. there are exceptions though like for example if the launcher is a move that is cancellable then you might be able to hitconfirm single moves.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
Actually, this is a cancel. All the strings in INJ are just cancels. The only things that are links (in a loose sense) are certain juggle combos.
Yeah, I didn't mean 'able to link' in the sense of frame-link. Just in the sense of being able to connect two moves together.

with nrs games to hitconfirm something it needs to have atleast 2 hits and there needs to be a sufficient time gap between the first and second hit for you to be able to visually hitconfirm it, because you have to input the launcher before the move that you want to cancel into comes out. there are exceptions though like for example if the launcher is a move that is cancellable then you might be able to hitconfirm single moves.
So than I am not crazy to think that Raven's B12 is hard as fuck to confirm into a lift? Or her B1 or B2.

I can confirm F222, but the second 2 does nothing, the F2 is 2 hits and last 2 is the third hit, why are NRS games awkward...

KDZ

It's amore, BABY.
I have a few questions for aquaman players:

- why do you guys never blockconfirm b12 into trident rush?
- isnt it better to save your meter and not use mb trident rush when you have 2 bars or less? just so you have the threat of a 20% from the deep or MB3, push block or other stuff. Imo when I play I always try to have at least 2 bars of meter, because you are more of a threat with meter than without. A lot of times I see aquaman players with just one bar of meter and try to get in to use MB trident rush or just sit there and use MB trident rush as soon as their opponent gets in
I wondered the same thing for the longest time.

It's exactly the same as doing Superman's breath after F23 on block, but doing trait instead on hit.
Though a lot of Supermen have trouble with that too...

I started playing Aquaman so I can just have him on standby (because he's super simple) vs some matchups.
I'm able to do it lol

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
lol whatever you say...
Funny stuff. I just feel arrow has much harder match ups than aquaman that are also labeled 7-3. Arrow does have a hard time dealing with his range but at least he can control the match when he corners him. Just my opinion though. I could be wrong as I am most of the time because I'm way too optimistic.

Last edited: