What's new

Some Fun Ideas to Revamp Fatal Blows & Characters (Not Finished).

UghGetOuttaHere

Number Cruncher. Jack of All Trades.
So my personal opinion is that Mk11 is our best balanced Mk game and there were some fun kits to be tested and mastered. However, I've tried every character and I wouldn't consider alot of them fun. So here are some IDEAS to maybe think about revamping the game in the future without wasting too many of the animations they paid for.

Disclaimer: This was made for fun, nothing would be set in stone. I wont be talking numbers. Also note that any POWERFUL characters that receive mostly buffs from this list would recieve fair nerfs to compensate. These are just some (high) thoughts, feel free to comment-on/take my ideas. And PLEASE POST YOUR IDEAS.

FATAL BLOW REDESIGN: New Mechanic (Last Breath)

Check it out.

+ Fatal Blows can now be done at any point in the game but cost 2 defensive and 2 offensive meter.

- Fatal Blows do about 25%-50% less damage and removed the armor.

- Fatal Blows can only LAND once per match, and if the player does not land a Fatal Blow, meter will not start regenerating for 6 seconds.

+ New Mechanic: Last Breath is now a new passive "rage" mode designed to give every character more flavor (as they near death) instead of just a 30% damage button. SEE "CHARACTER CHANGES" FOR MORE DETAILS.

+ Last Breath gets activated at 10/20/30% remaining health depending on the character and what they get. The passive persists until death (for most characters).

+ Last Breath triggers both rounds and can be healed out of.

+ Last breaths that activate at 10/20% will provide damage mitigation if the player is currently in a combo that damages them past their health threshold. (this is so characters will be able to use Last Breath at least once).

+ Match Point Last Breath (if you already lost 1 round) will now allow the player to have easy krushing blows.

THROWS: Damage adjusted. Rushdown pressure characters will have much lower throw damage.

CHARACTER CHANGES:

(I dont have the best ideas for all characters so help me! Remember every character will also now have to gain something passively for Last Breath shortned as "LB")

Baraka

LB:

+ A Tarkatan will now run up every 5 seconds and plant a War Banner.

+ Baraka gets access to all flag moves.

+ If a flag is already in place, the assistant Tarkatan will instead perform the flag charge.

Cetrion:

Cetrion will now only attack with one element at a time, all strings and specials will now use that one element with different benefits/weaknesses.

Fire: Dots

Wind: Air time/Pushback

Water: ???

Earth: Damage?

The elements can be manually cycled through every 10 seconds for 1 off 1 def meter. If Cetrion doesnt force a shift after 35 seconds her element will be randomized.

LB: idea

Dvorah

-Deadly Swarm is now apart of her base kit and the bug recall will now have 4 new moves. (Still cost meter to use)

-Df2/Df2amp/f22U1+3/db1 amplify/B34 now all add bugs to the Deadly Swarm

-Dvorah can now choose to consume different amount of bugs (1-5) that are swarming her opponent and will get a different move depending on how many she consumes.

1 bug - Same move as its always been. Can be rapid fired.

2 - Dvorah recalls 2 bugs but the move has attack stun now.

3 - The bugs do less damage but will now bring back a Strepsitera with 3 bugs. (Can't be interrupted)

4 - The bugs will fly under and float for a combo extension

5 - Unblockable hard knock down

-"Arachnophobia" now gets the "Venomous" passive from Mkx

Last Breath:

• Her bugs will slowly start to swarm her enemy 1 by 1.
  • Bf 1 faster with bigger hit box. +3 passive bugs
  • Df2 amp now +5 passive bugs
  • Bf4 +5 bugs
  • Her 2 is now a mid
Erron:

Geras:

Kitana:

• Less recovery on fan and air fan to allow more juggle routes.
  • Added combo scaling
LB:

-B2 will now ground bounce the opponent if they get hit out the air. (Which will allows the whole string to connect and allows her to juggle if she only uses b2.)
D1 is faster
U3/U2 have extended hit boxes

Jade:
LB: 10%
Bf2 can now be amplfied for a juggle
F2 is now i22
Glow can be amplfied to come out in 1 frame.
Nitro kick is now mid

Kung lao
The hat now falls off and has to be retrived after ANY hat moves are blocked or whiffed.
Kung lao can now teleport much faster to a grounded hat to retrieve it.
Hat toss significant damage increase
Orbiting hat now only costs 1 bar of offensive
Z hat can be used to recall the hat.

Frost
Can now attack with different segments of her body. For example her blade spin (df2) will cause her torso to disconnect and still attack while her head and legs are still in control. She can also attack with just the legs while still in control of her upper body.

Shao Khan
Gaines access to 4 new shadow priest based specials/assists. Each ability has its own seperate cool down.
Taunting now causes the cooldows to shorten.
Taunts are now a base kit move.

Last breath:
Shao Khan

Skarlet
Skarlet now loses health for all blood based moves.
New mechanic: Skarlets Vial: Her vial will now soak up any blood thats CLOSE TO HER on the floor. If skarlet has blood in it, she can now use any of her blood moves free and they will have more damage and additional properties (in exchange for losing some in the vial).
If skarlets vial fills 100% she can choose to consume it for a heal.
"Blood Ritual" does no damage but instead soaks up the blood from the entire stage.
LB:
-Skarlet gets access to all blood moves without taking health
-Blood vial will continuously fill up if shes not in block/attack stun
-Db4 and bf3 can be amp for combo extensions
-Flawless blockable gap on f4,3 gone.

Cassie Cage:
Cassies amazing normals are all nerfed. And her throws do about 8-10% damage.
Cassies drone is now a pet that can be used in all variations.
4 new pet drone moves.
Drone can be placed and sandwhiched with opponent for strong pressure scenarios and set ups.

Jacqui:
Grease kick (db4) now longer launches.
Jacqui can now use her tech wall (grab/fatal blow) across all variations.
Jacqui can only launch at the corner.
New Mechanic: Jacquis tech wall:
Jacquis wall can now be placed in front of her or behind her opponent. The wall can also move/push if she chooses to drain meter.
Tech wall absorbs projectiles.
New Mechanic: Charged legs:
Much like her Dad. As Jacqui uses her powered legs they will start to get more charge. When fully charged grease kick becomes a launch that consumes the charge.

Shang Tsung
Remove 2nd variation.
Replace with new variation "Soul Master": Shang can now choose two characters that he can morph into through out the match. He gots no additional damage or perks for morphing.
This variation would not have corpse drop.

Kollector
Completely rework all his normals and 2 variations.
Variation 1 will make him a weapon summoner where he will pick a weapon out of his bag 5 different ones and all his normals will change accordingly. In addition, he can throw any one of his weapons after equipped.
Knives/Mace/Lantern/etc
Variation 2 would give him a random item toss. Kollector will rng toss out an item out of his bag. Anywhere from kung laos hat, to a sektor missle. Quick recovery.

Nightwolf
Nightwolfs wolf and bear can now attack in tandem with him for high pressure situations. Wolf will always attack from behind nightwolf the bear will attack from behind the opponent.
These moves have cooldowns.

DeftMonk

Noob
U obviously put a lot of time in this so I will just say this: It appears we all kinda got fooled by nrs and this game won’t be getting even the amount of support mkx got. Lots of empty promises like krypt additions etc...so the likelihood of some big game changing overhaul don’t seem likely imo. Game is probably just gonna be like this forever and maybe add another kp2 with 4 chars then deuces.
I could make a post that says something like”yo let’s get rid of all the variations, just unlock all the moves and make the game 2v2 tag! Would be dope! But....ya mk11 isn’t that game and just never will be. For the sake of balance character design has been somewhat neutered imo. If you don’t like it there’s a buttload of other good fighting games out atm tho. Just my 2 cents.

Iconic Horror

Behold The Kingdom Of The Wretched Undying
I can sort of see a trend here. The buffs mentioned give the characters a lot more life and things to do. A lot more launchers/recovery changes, more pressure routes, etc. Sadly @DeftMonk is right this is just not the game that is going to get a complete overhaul like that.

UghGetOuttaHere

Number Cruncher. Jack of All Trades.
U obviously put a lot of time in this so I will just say this: It appears we all kinda got fooled by nrs and this game won’t be getting even the amount of support mkx got. Lots of empty promises like krypt additions etc...so the likelihood of some big game changing overhaul don’t seem likely imo. Game is probably just gonna be like this forever and maybe add another kp2 with 4 chars then deuces.
I could make a post that says something like”yo let’s get rid of all the variations, just unlock all the moves and make the game 2v2 tag! Would be dope! But....ya mk11 isn’t that game and just never will be. For the sake of balance character design has been somewhat neutered imo. If you don’t like it there’s a buttload of other good fighting games out atm tho. Just my 2 cents.
Oh yeah I already know its borderline useless. But the site is pretty dull, I wanted to add some fun. Imagine if the game really was that way... I just really love MK characters i just wanna see them do more.
Furthermore these ideas have been stuck in my head for months so I wanted to get jot them down

mrapchem

Noob
I would keep the fatal blow mechanic untethered to meter, but change its requirements and properties. Instead of activating at 30% health, I'd make fatal blows activate at 10% health, they'd all do 200 damage and be unscaled in combos. Additionally, the fatal blows that hit opponents at or beyond match start distance would lose their armor altogether, but become projectile-immune. The other FBs would all keep their armor, but be -30 on block with no pushback.

DeftMonk

Noob
get rid of fatal blows and give traits from injustice imo. OP has some decent ideas and traits really set chars apart. I hope mk12 just adds some kinda combo scaling so u cant do 96% combos and no run cancels (as much as I love them they never really balanced how to make them work with meter generation...takeda vs dragonsfire whats good) but adds dirt. The ideal fighting game imo for me is one where theres less of a necessity to lab matchups yet highly rewarding to lab your own character. Mk11 you don't really need to lab shit. Look at a combo shit, frame data and off u go.

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
My revamp ideas: 1) completely remove D2 krushing blows. 2) damage buff for U2 wake-ups. 3) Fatal Blows can only be used 1x per round, even if it's blocked. 4) get rid of throws sucking in normal attacks.

SonicNinja3532

The Wannabe Prodigy
People who mash on minus see their normal half way come out and start screaming "WTF IT CAME OUT" when throws are actually supposed to beat/swallow up normals including pokes in negative frames.
Exactly this. Throws beating pokes means you either pressed the button late or pressed in negative frames lol. If a poke and a throw are pressed at the same time in a neutral situation the poke will always win. Its how frame data works. Likewise if you’re poking and you’re -2 to -7 of course your poke will get swallowed, because you’re no longer neutral, you’re negative. There’s literally no issue with it at all.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
I really like the idea of an alternative use for fatal blow like rage arts in Tekken. You see Johnny players use their fatal blow cancel for meterless combos and it's super cool and hype. Would even be open to the idea of making them all cancellable or have some other gimmick.

And leave Spellmaster Shang alone! It's his most enjoyable variation. If they did go that route with "fatal blow arts", it would be cool if he could quickly morph into the opponent without needing to land soul steal.

SonicNinja3532

The Wannabe Prodigy
i mean in regard to hitboxes. i've been sucked in from strange distances before lol.
I don’t particularly see that as a problem either honestly. Iirc sfv has similar cases of that happening. It’d be no different from a mid punishing the extended hurtboxes.