What's new

Question Some execution questions?

dookieagain

Last Bastion of Arcades
Is there any trick to the b+1 Czar throw cancel aside from doing it stupidly fast? It seems like the speed at which you have to perform it to get the throw out is completely nuts.

Also is there any advantage to doing low nuke shell b+1 mb czar throw versus low nuke shell d+1 mb czar throw?

The timing on the d+1 is tighter but the cancel to the throw is a million times easier so it seems like it's just as viable. Plus it's the same cancel you'd need for the stupidly tight b+1, 2, d+1 throw link.

Also I've heard people say it's easier on stick and I just don't see that. Stick might have the advantage on precision but these seem all about speed and if Vangief proved anything, it's that pad is much better for speed. I mean sliding your thumb is way easier to get out the silly dbf motion than on stick.

Also is it possible to hit confirm 113 mb throw, or is that one best saved as a punish since the window to do the throw is so narrow it seems like you have to commit and it's only realistically confirmed off a jump in.

REO

Undead
d+1~czard throw is not as consistent as b+1~czar throw, which is why b+1 is so good because it works in all situations / against all characters. The d+1 part will whiff on characters that have smaller models, such as Killer Frost. Also you have to be pointblank with the low nuke shell for the d+1 to reach. Otherwise you have to take a slight step forward and then tap d+1, and buffer the inputs quick.

dookieagain

Last Bastion of Arcades
d+1~czard throw is not as consistent as b+1~czar throw, which is why b+1 is so good because it works in all situations / against all characters. The d+1 part will whiff on characters that have smaller models, such as Killer Frost. Also you have to be pointblank with the low nuke shell for the d+1 to reach. Otherwise you have to take a slight step forward and then tap d+1, and buffer the inputs quick.
Ah okay. That makes sense. I think I just always do training against joker because he is the default and it seemed to hit him. Do you have any advice on the actual b+1 to Czar throw timing or is it just as fast as humanly possible?

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
Why do you guys care about b1 xx czar throw? Does it land on hit and block? If so thats pretty cool and seems simple on stick.

I've been doing b12 d1 xx czar throw for low option combo starter.

dookieagain

Last Bastion of Arcades
Why do you guys care about b1 xx czar throw? Does it land on hit and block? If so thats pretty cool and seems simple on stick.

I've been doing b12 d1 xx czar throw for low option combo starter.
I care about it because it's the most reliable high damage option after landing a low nuke shell launch, and since low nuke shell is safe and a true 50-50 off of 2 or 2,1 it's really a core part of his offense I think.

I'm playing on stick and it really isn't simple at all. The window to cancel the Czar off the b1 is stupendously small. Like I can do it claw grip left side 60% and I can buffer 720s no problem. So yeah. Part of it is the weird motion though, and the fact that the motion is shares the first two inputs with the anti-air grab, so you can't buffer anything prior to hitting the b1 since if you do db1 you get anti-air grab instead of the normal.

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
Cancels work like this: Special needs to be input before the animation ends and after it starts.

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
I guess in lobo's case those years of playing sektor on stick have paid off. Because this type of shit is easy for me.