What's new

Video/Tutorial - Kenjutsu Some B&B's and a Vortex Concept

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
Hey guys, decided to do some Kenjutsu stuff in the lab cuz why not and I found some pretty good combos and a concept for a vortex. First video will be the combos (he got new midscreen combos after the buff to his EX DF1 which now pops the enemy up higher, giving him more damage and towards the end you'll see some two bar combos for the corner that do a good amount of damage.) and the second one will be the vortex concept where basically you'll do a normal meterless combo and end in EX DB4 which will restand them, then you will do JiP into D4 which leaves you plus enough to guarantee a mixup. Hope you enjoy it!

@Bleu231
@SaltShaker (you wanted Kenjutsu labbing, here's the little bit i found)
@ismael4790 (you play Kenjutsu?
@anyone else who possibly still cares

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
Hey man! Good labbing. Yeah, I play it too!

I think all is more or less known though.

Midscreen, the vortex is better with b1 instead of d4, I think Sonic discovered it. They have to respect the run into b3, after it, but the f2 is interruptible.

About the combos, if you hit a 111 or a 421, you can hitconfirm and do db1 into combo that also leads to exdb4, instead of spending a bar in exdf1. It probably gives more damage as you do it though.

CrazyFingers

Hey man! Good labbing. Yeah, I play it too!

I think all is more or less known though.

Midscreen, the vortex is better with b1 instead of d4, I think Sonic discovered it. They have to respect the run into b3, after it, but the f2 is interruptible.

About the combos, if you hit a 111 or a 421, you can hitconfirm and do db1 into combo that also leads to exdb4, instead of spending a bar in exdf1. It probably gives more damage as you do it though.
Yea I believe the combos I show are max damage but doing Db1 makes you commit a bit less with your meter for sure.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Uh dude I don't know who did find it but that D4 thing has been used since day 1 lol. Keep in mind in the rules it says to make sure to search for content already being there before posting :p

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
Uh dude I don't know who did find it but that D4 thing has been used since day 1 lol. Keep in mind in the rules it says to make sure to search for content already being there before posting :p
About the vortex with b1, first time I heard about it was in Pig's stream with Sonic, when he was testing Kenjutsu, and this vortex was new for Pig and I assume for everybody else too, since nobody posted it before.

In crazyfingers defense, I think nobody posted combos for kenjutsu post patch:p

CrazyFingers

I checked any I didn't see anything about it and I DEFINITELY didn't see the combos

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
About the vortex with b1, first time I heard about it was in Pig's stream with Sonic, when he was testing Kenjutsu, and this vortex was new for Pig and I assume for everybody else too, since nobody posted it before.

In crazyfingers defense, I think nobody posted combos for kenjutsu post patch:p
I checked any I didn't see anything about it and I DEFINITELY didn't see the combos
Yeah but I didn't say anything about the combos did I? ;) Nah the combo video is fine since it's new stuff that he can do based off of his patch changes, but the D4 vortex has already been posted before.

You guys must not have looked very hard because I found multiple examples of the D4 thing already being posted:
https://testyourmight.com/threads/kenjutsu-of-the-hut-max-52-2bars.59871/#post-2086043
https://testyourmight.com/threads/aaannndddd-were-back-kenjutsu-living-guide-updated-march-2nd-2016.53431/page-5#post-2070733
And Pig seemed to know about ji, D4 too https://testyourmight.com/threads/kenshi-complete-kenjutsu-guide-by-pig-of-the-hut.54877/page-2#post-1869053 :rolleyes:

Just a quick search using the seach bar in the appropriate forum will do, just keep it in mind next time is all :)

CrazyFingers

Yeah but I didn't say anything about the combos did I? ;) Nah the combo video is fine since it's new stuff that he can do based off of his patch changes, but the D4 vortex has already been posted before.

You guys must not have looked very hard because I found multiple examples of the D4 thing already being posted:
https://testyourmight.com/threads/kenjutsu-of-the-hut-max-52-2bars.59871/#post-2086043
https://testyourmight.com/threads/aaannndddd-were-back-kenjutsu-living-guide-updated-march-2nd-2016.53431/page-5#post-2070733
And Pig seemed to know about ji, D4 too https://testyourmight.com/threads/kenshi-complete-kenjutsu-guide-by-pig-of-the-hut.54877/page-2#post-1869053 :rolleyes:

Just a quick search using the seach bar in the appropriate forum will do, just keep it in mind next time is all :)
That's a blow up xD

coconutshrimp

Damn vro, hadda mess with yo auntie
You could do what smoke players do with their vortex and land a ji2 and use the plus frames off it to do a 50/50 instead of D4 midscreen to make it a bit harder to see the mix coming.

Don't use Kenjutsu much anymore but I've messed with those Midscreen combos, pretty lit dude

KrAdWeLL

Noob
I Think everyone that plays Kenshi needs to do them self a favor and watch Doctor Stabs vs. RevetLeafing match that blew me away with Balanced Kenshi vs Tanya... Balanced is not dead! This gave me hope!!

(First Match)

I Think everyone that plays Kenshi needs to do them self a favor and watch Doctor Stabs vs. RevetLeafing match that blew me away with Balanced Kenshi vs Tanya... Balanced is not dead! This gave me hope!!

(First Match)

I've watched the Kenshi Balanced portion of the vid and Doctor Stabs does some things I can add to my gameplay.

One thing I don't do is cancel the reflect into anything other than Raising Karma. Stabs was canceling reflect to Teleflurry to counter some of Tanya's zoning. I typically just reflect the projectile and follow up without canceling to Teleflurry, sometimes with Overhead Slice.

Another thing I learned is Stabs goes for max damage for his combos. I tend to go for setups, almost to a fault. I go for setups so much I forget when I have enough meter to finish my opponent and give up those opportunities to win.

I learned a lot from this set and I'm going to add this knowledge to my gameplay.

I will say, on a somewhat unrelated note, that this video should be its own thread as its unrelated to the topic of Kenshi Kenjutsu's vortex.

But thanks anyway :)

KrAdWeLL

Noob
Yea, I was just getting it out there for the sake of getting it out there. Even though he lost, it was like where the heck did this come from! I get excited when someone just makes me go "wow", look at that knee, and post in the wrong thread.