What's new

SOLVED: MKX PC, can't see any players when I join a room?

myri

Time Warrior
Hey guys, so usually I play on PS4, but I have the PC version too and I went to play some people today and encountered a very strange issue. So basically what happens is when I get into MKX I hit online, it connects fine, go to the rooms page, loads fine, I can see all the rooms, I can even see how many players are in each room.

The problem is when I join a room I am the only player nameplate that appears, I can't see any other ones nor can I join a player through a steam invite either, the game immediately says something like "session is not available". So I'm not sure what the problem is since all my connections seem fine, no issues with this on the PS4 version and I can see people online in the rooms and on Steam, it's just when I actually join a room or try to accept an invite the game acts like I can't connect at all.

So yeah, hoping someone has an idea as to what the issue is and how to fix it. Thanks. Screenshots below to show what I'm talking about.

Connecting to online just fine

Connects to the rooms just fine

And immediately after I try to join those 22 people in the Black Dragon room, this is what I get. It happens with every room, every time.

pls halp ;_;

myri

Time Warrior
Jokes aside, bro. Its their server that is down these days. No can do. :/
But it isn't though, the guys I was gunna play (also from Australia) were able to play each other just fine. I can see them in the room before I join (in that picture you can see the AUS room with the guys in it) but when I join it only shows me.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
But it isn't though, the guys I was gunna play (also from Australia) were able to play each other just fine. I can see them in the room before I join (in that picture you can see the AUS room with the guys in it) but when I join it only shows me.
I see. This is news for me. Have you tried restarting the router and the steam? It would usually fix this kind of online problem. If not, try reinstalling it.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
should probably mention that you were also failing to connect to private invites and i couldnt accept them either

oatts played me with his Bo Rai Cho in honor of you tho so all is good

oh my god i remember now. mk9 had that same issue but i thought it was fixed eons ago.
basically turn off anti aliasing first. see if it helps. if not start disabling all other graphical options one by one and see if it helps.
dont ask why. this is how it is ported to pc.

myri

Time Warrior
oh my god i remember now. mk9 had that same issue but i thought it was fixed eons ago.
basically turn off anti aliasing first. see if it helps. if not start disabling all other graphical options one by one and see if it helps.
dont ask why. this is how it is ported to pc.
I turned everything off or to the lowest settings and nothing. :(

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
I copied these settings exactly apart from the resolution, I'm using 1920x1080 at 144hz, maybe it's something to do with the refresh rate?

Might try it later.
If you fix it and are from the EU region, add me and @RVB for some matches :)

Matt94

Noob
I copied these settings exactly apart from the resolution, I'm using 1920x1080 at 144hz, maybe it's something to do with the refresh rate?

Might try it later.
Did you try to restart the game after applying new settings.

RVB

twitch.tv/rvblacktail
@myri welcome to PC MKX, first off just simply do a cache validation on the game just to make sure the game is properly installed and after go on and portforward the necessary ports using this https://portforward.com/router.htm as a guide. Select your router brand and model or if your model is not there the chose a similar one under the same brand. The UI is mostly the same among models.
Good luck and post here if you need any help.

myri

Time Warrior
Well, the monitor I use literally only has options for 120, 140 and 144hz so trying 60hz is a no go unless I swap monitors. Dunno why port forwarding would be an issue @RVB but whatever, I'll give it a go. I know how to port forward, just don't know what the ports I need to do are so if you know that would be quite helpful. Apart from that I have no idea, game is on all lowest settings, I swapped it to 120hz from 144hz and nothing so any other ideas are welcome.

RVB

twitch.tv/rvblacktail
@myri this is really weird to begin with i've never had this happen to me but anyhow here are the ports

3478, 4379:4380, 27000:27050, open these for both TCP and UDP. Also try putting your pc in DMZ and try out the connection before you portforward, that way u'll know for sure if u need to open the ports or not.
Sorry for the late reply