What's new

solutions for sonics "air tech" problem - no armor?

Kroaken

Life is a block string with no gaps.
My stance: Breakaway is a fine mechanic, but if you bait it, you deserve a reward, whatever that entails.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
Reguardless of how much I like max or hate em.(in this case Sonic fox) I want to reserve my final judgements on many aspects of the game for later. I have noticed that my opinions as well as others have changed drastically after hearing others opinions as well as the small amount of hand on during Stress Test.
I know herring others opinions and explanations of why they like a mechanic vs why they don't can flip others opinion. It's important to have intellectual debate on these topics as well as letting the game breath to shed light on things possibly unknown to us.

I've seen multiple people flip on there opinions, one being that they didn't want custom variations in competitive play but after having 3 days to play a very limited build of the game they think it could be balanced since they now feel the slot system is balanced enough to regulate it.

I don't like the Breakaway allowing punish.
I don't like Chip Kill going away.
I don't like the idea of removing DoT Death.
But:
Even though I have my own take on many issues/topics I'm waiting to change said mechanic after I've seen real life examples in the full build. I want to get a proper practice mode in place before saying whatever function of the game needs to be removed. I feel many are being hasty to change the game including myself without the time to fully understand the full game in it's entirety. What if there are ways to get around some of these potential issues?

I do agree with you LawAbidingCitizen that it's still to early to make final judgments on mechanics. For instance, breakaway might have been part of the design from the beginning to create a certain type of meta or it could have been put in last minute because they realized when they took out combo breaker they broke their game, only NRS knows. Also, all the characters aren't even out yet so its tough to see how new characters mechanics might interact with other mechanics. But it is fun to be speculate of these forums.