What's new

Tech Solomon Grundy - walking corpse cancel crossover

RM NoBrows

Supah hawt fiyah
So I've brought this out online and was messing a lot of people up with it. I would upload a video but don't have the means to do so.

So when you're playing Grundy and have your opponent in the corner hit them with f1,3 into walking corpse. However, when you go to cancel walking corpse, you have to invert the cancel or else it won't work. So it would be f1,3 walking corpse, df and Grundy will be on the other side

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
Do you mean this reverses the input for their wake up so you can follow up with another combo? Otherwise it seems like it would be better to just take your combo and keep your opponent in the corner. Sorry if I'm not mis-interpreting what you mean...

HP Hatecraft

I am the beginning, I am the end.
Do you mean this reverses the input for their wake up so you can follow up with another combo? Otherwise it seems like it would be better to just take your combo and keep your opponent in the corner. Sorry if I'm not mis-interpreting what you mean...
I don't get it either. F13 doesn't cause a hard knockdown. I don't think you
have time to follow up with a combo after the f13 xx WCC. You also put yourself in the corner with this, instead of keeping your opponent in the corner. I'd much rather burn some meter and go into the reset after a F13. Unless I am just totally missing the point here as well. Sorry if that's the case. :(

RM NoBrows

Supah hawt fiyah
No you have to reverse the input for the WCC and it does put Grundy in the corner It's main use is when there's an interactable in the corner and when you're trying to get guaranteed damage that's unclashable. Even if there isn't an interactable, you can eat there wake up (because f13 isn't a hard knockdown) with WCMB and then get 1b24 off the wall for 56% damage, or you can eat the wake up with WCC into a full combo

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
Ah yeah I get it now, just tested this out a little. Have you tried this using this in games?

Seems like it could be good for any wake ups that won't beat or evade WC but I tested with a few characters and wake up MB back 3 beat it, neutral jump if timed would also beat it as you would be committing to the follow up WC then again I suppose additional stuff could be experimented with with a cancel instead. That being said if the situation is perfect I can see it catching people off guard but I would still go for that corner combo just to guarantee the maintained corner pressure if they don't clash.

RM NoBrows

Supah hawt fiyah
Yea I use it a lot now online and it works most of the time cuz no one ever is expecting a non-jump crossover with Grundy. And from experimenting with the stages, watchtower is his best stage for it because of the corner interactable. If they don't jump or backdash after the interactable,WCMB will hit them and all that together does over 100%. And if they neutral jump, I cancel WC into d211SHMB for the B1 reset. And if they jump back I cancel the WC into a forward j1 into114