What's new

Question Solomon Grundy. NOW how do you feel about him?

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
This character has changed a LOT since we first met him. He's gotten faster on his animations, an increased dash range and as you saw in Battle Arena 3 he has a meter burn Swamp Hands low grab that holds you long enough to full combo and his armor is finally in.

What are your thoughts on him now? Still ass? Viable? MVC2 Sentinel levels of frustration? Punish character who will lose? Mike Ross's wet dream?

Discuss.

Grundy vs Green Lantern

shaowebb

His moves look sick, Grundy and Luthor are the only ones who impressed me so far.
I see someone likes armor characters then .
Personally, I wanted to love Grundy from day 1 because he has so much character in his animations and as an animator I LOVED watching him lumber around and sell his monster theme. However, he was so BAD originally at everything I knew I'd never really enjoy playing that Grundy. Now though he has enough tools that I see him as finally someone I feel I wont regret wanting to like and play. Green Arrow is guaranteed my main, but Grundy is now gonna get the lab time and playtime I had hoped I could spare for him. Loving his new stuff here. Some of those armor moments dont look brought on by grapple buffs to me too.

Irockz

I am Michael J. Caboose and I HATE BABIES!
His moves seem too spammable here. I hope there's some sort of limit in place.

Deyrax

Skarlet who ?
I see someone likes armor characters then .
Personally, I wanted to love Grundy from day 1 because he has so much character in his animations and as an animator I LOVED watching him lumber around and sell his monster theme. However, he was so BAD originally at everything I knew I'd never really enjoy playing that Grundy. Now though he has enough tools that I see him as finally someone I feel I wont regret wanting to like and play. Green Arrow is guaranteed my main, but Grundy is now gonna get the lab time and playtime I had hoped I could spare for him. Loving his new stuff here. Some of those armor moments dont look brought on by grapple buffs to me too.
I would still play Grundy even if he was an ass. He is just too awesome to not main. I would also like Bizarro in this game, cause him and Grundy is such a hilarious duo !

CrazyBread

Princess Diana
Overall he seems like a power house, all that armor I'd have to play keep away against him. Depending on who else's gameplay is revealed I'd say he's a solid top 10 char no doubt.

PND i2 Gaug3

NERF Everything, LEAVE Nothing
What can you do against Grundy?! Armor throw on wakeup, super armor super, armor throw during block string.

Grundy gonna be OP!
he might have armour but its still a walk and then grab so you have to be retarded to just get hit by him walking with armour or a filthy masher

PND i2 Gaug3

NERF Everything, LEAVE Nothing
Overall he seems like a power house, all that armor I'd have to play keep away against him. Depending on who else's gameplay is revealed I'd say he's a solid top 10 char no doubt.
any good grapple character in a fighting game is not a character that you want to be near so if you feel that you have to keep him away then NRS have done him right

So pleased with that video. Two problems I have from what I've seen:
-People will inevitably complain about his armor. Will it lead to a nerf?
-The decision between him and Bane has become so much more tough. I think I can forget about Luthor.

NapoleonComplex

Worst Injustice Player
He looked awesome in the little footage we saw a while ago and he looks awesome now. Out of the characters revealed, he might be the character I'm most interested in

REYTHEGREAT

a lot of people are liking grundy. i like him too specially with all that armor lol. he looks like a powerhouse up close. now that we saw all the armor he has, he wont have too much problems getting in.

shaowebb

I still bet I can take him with Arrow. Armor don't mean I cant beat his stuff on its startup with a grab thats quicker and he's gonna eat some ice or static from me before he can catch me. Just got to watch out for his AA and I'll be cool. I plan to make Grundy earn it. Still he looks scary as hell. Worse than Hulk or Sentinel thats for sure.

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
I want a NRS version of Zangief or Hakan, Grundy might be this... if so im going to be even more excited for this game.

Sent from M-Class Star Freighter USCSS Nostromo