What's new

SoCal Scene Locator Thread!

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Premium Supporter
San Diego is 2 hours away from us.

Not sure if Injustice will give it life again, but as far as MK. Its dead out there.
Either MK or Injustice. I love them both. Honestly, I might be able to host some guys in a hotel for a night to play some games. If anyone is willing to make the drive.

Shit even if people just want to go out and chill at the bars in San Diego...thats cool with me.

If anyone is interested in the san diego scene check out sandiegofgc.com

At the San Diego Salt Mines they hold sessions for various games mon-friday
They have like 10-12 playstations for free casuals and $5 tournament play.

Wednesday is for any game but on any given day there is usually 1-3 stations for a non-designated game. For instance, i normally go on mondays for UMVC3 tournaments but i play injustice casuals in between sets.

Sometimes people bring their own setup and it is greatly welcomed to do so

haketh

Noob
How close is Inglewood to any scene or whever WNF goes down? Going to be in Socal for AX but I'm coming down ealy on the 31st of June and wanna get some games in

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
How close is Inglewood to any scene or whever WNF goes down? Going to be in Socal for AX but I'm coming down ealy on the 31st of June and wanna get some games in
Inglewood is in the Los Angeles Area. First Section.

Really klose to me. I live in Gardena just outside of Hawthorne and Hawthorne borders Inglewood.

WNF is quite a drive.

weet

Noob
New player here (new to FGC, smash player here). Not sure which section I'd belong under I live in Claremont. What locals are closest to me?

marietta1200

Best Coast
Premium Supporter
Took about a 5 year break from the franchise but loving MKX.

Online... not so much.

La Crescenta, and I bring beer.

I'm making this thread because I haven't been able to find out about any so cal locals for MK X. I'm new to the FGC so maybe I'm not looking in the right place but I really want to level up and I'm sick of trying to use online to get better. I'm about 20 minutes outside of LA and willing to travel upwards of an hour to get some quality matches in. Can anyone with knowledge point me to where I should be looking for the so cal fgc/ mk community.

Also any players who are near the LA area and are down to play please comment

Dja_Homies

Kaz...... I'm already a Fiddle.
Around what area of LA? Also there are casuals and ugc which is late at night on Tuesdays at panorama city. Atm we are players without our true "outer heaven" local (metal gear reference) that fits with most of our schedules imo.

Around what area of LA? Also there are casuals and ugc which is late at night on Tuesdays at panorama city. Atm we are players without our true "outer heaven" local (metal gear reference) that fits with most of our schedules imo.
I'm closest to the city of Santa Clarita which is near Magic Mountain and about 15-20 minutes from Northridge

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Official ESL Gaming
UGC is definitely your best (and only) bet.

It's on the very north side of Van Nuys, so not too far from you.

8551 Vesper Ave
Panorama City, CA 91402

The tournament there is every Tuesday night at like 9PM though, I'm not sure if that works for you since it's so late. If you can make it though, that's the best (and only) place in SoCal for offline MKX right now.

5$ Venue + 5$ Entry just show up and pay at the door!

8551 Vesper Ave
Panorama City, CA 91402

The tournament there is every Tuesday night at like 9PM though, I'm not sure if that works for you since it's so late. If you can make it though, that's the best (and only) place in SoCal for offline MKX right now.

Awesome, thanks for the info! As long as I'm not working and everyone is cool with my low tier self getting mopped up I can make it. Besides $10 and a controller is there anything else that I'd need to bring?

Also, what's the parking situation? Street or does the venue have a lot?

Daemantalo

Not Good Enough

8551 Vesper Ave
Panorama City, CA 91402

Omg! Thanks for this Chef! I had no idea So Cal had a bloody weekly

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Official ESL Gaming
Awesome, thanks for the info! As long as I'm not working and everyone is cool with my low tier self getting mopped up I can make it. Besides $10 and a controller is there anything else that I'd need to bring?

Also, what's the parking situation? Street or does the venue have a lot?
That's all you need to bring. There's a lot right in front of the store across a really small street that has free parking and there's always plenty of space.

It's on the corner of Chase and Van Nuys I think? Could be wrong though. It's directly in front of the venue.

Omg! Thanks for this Chef! I had no idea So Cal had a bloody weekly
Cool, I'll be there this week!