What's new

Guide So you want to be president? Intro to Lex Luthor by PTH Rev0lver

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Thanks for front paging! I hope this is actually useful and not just me explaining stuff for 2 people lol

B1 has similar cancel advantage as 21, in terms of getting trait up safely.

B1 and 21 are best for canceling into free trait

B2 and 22 are meh for canceling into trait

B13 and F2 are awful for canceling into trait.

I tested this awhile ago, seeing how easy it was for an opponent to d1 in an effort to disperse shields. For b1 and 21, Lex can often trait-punish most attempts to do this. b2 and 22, Lex generally can't punish a d1 reaction, but he is generally safe himself.

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
Been toying with the idea of picking up Lex for a while now, so I guess no time like the present...

"The Lexer the Luthor I always say."
-Mashpotatotower

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
"Be president" I want to own the fucking world, destroy it, so we all can die and everybody can shut the fuck up.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
B1 has similar cancel advantage as 21, in terms of getting trait up safely.

B1 and 21 are best for canceling into free trait

B2 and 22 are meh for canceling into trait

B13 and F2 are awful for canceling into trait.

I tested this awhile ago, seeing how easy it was for an opponent to d1 in an effort to disperse shields. For b1 and 21, Lex can often trait-punish most attempts to do this. b2 and 22, Lex generally can't punish a d1 reaction, but he is generally safe himself.
Yeah, my problem is just that 21 is equally good on block and hit. I know b1 is negative on hit, but does the cancel advantage give enough to make it safe? I didn't think it would considering b1~vacuum won't even combo

Juffalo

Noob
I've been really curious about Lex and have even given some thought to picking him up lately.

Props for doing this Revolver. I will definitely be giving this a read.

I am really liking this new trend (can we call it a trend yet?) of top players making concise guides.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Have you included how to trait cancel in it? Just in case there are people reading this who don't know how to do it

I ask only because I haven't read it yet myself but I'll get round to it asap

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Also, this should be stickied.

Otherwise it might get buried under the 1 or 2 Lex threads made every month or so.
Should I unsticky the other guide though? I kinda don't want to since idk how he would feel about it even though he's banned right now.

And @Youphemism yeah I have that

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
So I'm stickying this

No offense to Milo/5Star if he sees this but since his was kind of outdated I didn't know if he would do anything with it. If you see this and plan to let me know though!