What's new

So why did YOU rage quit?

If someone fatalities me after the first round, I'll just leave when my health hits zero in the second. Don't need to sit around and see the animation again. I don't know if that counts as rage quitting, since the match is already over and I'm not actually angry or anything.

Thousand of matches since mk9 and never RQ'd until... Kombat League s2.

However rage quitting against a clearly better player is dumb. I doubt anyone here does it.

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
I don't take it that serious to ragequit, I usually just lol when people start acting up for example when people teabag mid match I just do it back lol then the winner gets the final disrespect.. It's all on how you approach things take yourself too seriously and you'll end up a mad kunt.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
When I fight laggy scrubs who only get away with bullshit cause they lag so fucking much. So like all of season 3 I’d quit at the finish him screen cause ain’t nobody got time for that shit.

Tanya-Fan-28

TanyaShouldBeInMK11
"Don't ragequit,I stay there to learn something."

So I played Cage against this Frost that literally walkback d4ed the entire match and then b2 spin non stop which practically 10-0es cage.

So I manage to just d4 and throw her the entire match and barely win.

So I was with 50ish life, she was with 50ish life, so naturally ANYTHING I DO and she blocks she'll do b11 ex spin and fuck me over through chip.
So I do b34 into ex forceballs to chip for death first but the game decides that ITS RANDOM TIME TO WHIFF THE FORCEBALLS AGAINST FROST so she just d4 spamkills me through my forceballs.

So naturally I went to PULL OUT THE CONSOLE FROM THE WALL WITH THE WIRES AND TV TO SMASH IT IN THE GROUND SELL MY HOUSE AND MY CAR AND BUY ONE WAY TICKET TO NRS AND A SHOTGUN, but then I recalled TYM said to just stay there and learn something.

So I stayed and I learned that I also got teabagged after and fatality.

Great tip TYM, thanks. And thank you NRS for this well tested and consistent game.
I'm bad at wording threads so idk if my point came across, but yeah that. A few peeps have a "i don't RQ im a GOOD BOI" response. Which is understandable, but I was just talking about situational RQs where outer things were are part of it via barely any sleep, got bad news, family problems ect. The way i expressed RQ was suppose to be: Describe the *one time you RQ. Not "do u RQ all the time" I'll stick to posting memes from now on lol

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator

So I played Cage against this Frost that literally walkback d4ed the entire match and then b2 spin non stop which practically 10-0es cage.

So I was with 50ish life, she was with 50ish life, so naturally ANYTHING I DO and she blocks she'll do b11 ex spin and fuck me over through chip.
So I do b34 into ex forceballs to chip for death first but the game decides that ITS RANDOM TIME TO WHIFF THE FORCEBALLS AGAINST FROST so she just d4 spamkills me through my forceballs.

So naturally I went to PULL OUT THE CONSOLE FROM THE WALL WITH THE WIRES AND TV TO SMASH IT IN THE GROUND SELL MY HOUSE AND MY CAR AND BUY ONE WAY TICKET TO NRS AND A SHOTGUN, but then I recalled TYM said to just stay there and learn something.

Great tip TYM, thanks. And thank you NRS for this well tested and consistent game.
I mean you got a good point tbh

JeffX

Remove armor on fatal blows now
The fatal blow system (or the win when you're losing mechanic) is a pretty rage inducing design. Certain characters can just walk up to you for free or zone you full screen and there's very little you can do other than block or get chipped until you also have the threat of fatal blow... easily solved by removing armor.

Sazbak

Noob
When I fight laggy scrubs who only get away with bullshit cause they lag so fucking much. So like all of season 3 I’d quit at the finish him screen cause ain’t nobody got time for that shit.
Same here. My KL winrate is total shit in this season because as soon as I lag even a tiny bit I quit instantly. Sometimes I even restart the game as soon as KL shows me the wifi sign. I'm done with suffering through a laggy match for the points. I want to enjoy this game to the fullest rather than suffering a nervous breakdown because I was late with my s2 punish because of the lag and the opponent mashed d2.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
That's not a rage quit though :D You're still good thumbs up

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
I finally quit a game either yesterday or the day before. It was against a Liu Kang who just did his bullshit braindead kick gimmicks. I’m still lower level on KL so it was 0 points for losing. After 1 round, I decided it was a waste of time and just quit.

I don't rage quit, but getting bagged by a laggy Sonya or sub after getting mixed all match puts me on tilt and I have to go chill in practice mode for a few minutes before I can jump into another match.

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero
I've quit a set once so far in my mk11 history, the wifi jumping Kung Lao warrior was absolutely destroying me, perfectly comboing and anti-airing in lag, dialing in his little combo warrior combos, and I honestly did not feel like it was worth my time to continue the set.

VSC_Supreme

TYM's #1 L taker.
I haven't RQ in Mk11, but after something rage inducing I'll just grind the set out and close the game, win or lose. The tea-bagging, first set fatalities, shit talking in messages or mic and barely losing a round because your opponents Fatal blow is better than yours is exhausting.

Now for the last time I actually rage quit was yesterday in Smash ultimate. I didn't enjoy being juggled 5 times into a kill because nintendo couldn't provide a decent netcode for their best selling game.

JSF

Waiting for Injustice 3
there usually isnt rage involved but when someone is exploiting something broken or its extremely laggy and my moves dont happen or i cant punish/react to things i can do with no problem in any other match.
in other words if i cant play footises, punish, or react then its just a waste of time and theres no learning so i take the L

Quitting when defeat is inevitable through exploits / lag is just sensible time management IMO. Why waste your precious oxygen fighting a scrub, when the next fighter you meet might be someone you actually enjoy sparring with?
You could quit and make a banging sandwich instead of watching them land the last gasp FB, and then fatality you.