What's new

So why did YOU rage quit?

Tanya-Fan-28

TanyaShouldBeInMK11
Disclaimer: Not trying to call specific characters cheap or seeking advice on how to beat them. This is purely situational.
5 months in and I finally RQ. Not plug pulling, I'm not that low. The opponent still got their points. I fought a Kotal Kahn who clearly was trying to piss me off, after the set I took a deep breathe and let it go. After that it was an Error Black, who was more troll-y than the last player, switching from slide to forward 4 the whole set so I was like "I can't, don't have the patience right now, not today" and peaced out. I didn't get enough sleep, other life stuff was distracting me ect. I can take 1 set every once in a while that pisses me off but 2 in a row was too much for my mental state. I think 95% have have RQ atleast once in your life.

So whats your story and what grinded your gears at the time?

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
I don’t rage quit, used to 10+ years ago, but not now. I will quit sometimes if it’s last game and you teabag (or just stand there) and then fatal, but that’s because I don’t have time to sit through all that. It’s so much quicker to leave and search again. But this isn’t a rage quit, just saves time.

I never rage quit during a match I don't think, but I sympathize with you. I've played lots of people that were much better than me and were total assholes about it. I always try to win because win or lose I'll learn something most times. I do sometimes quit at the fatality screen after a laggy loss in KL cuz I know the t bag into fatality dance is coming and I'd rather just keep playing. Especially if I'm drinking while i play, I just don't have the patience to wait for assholes to finish being assholes. lol

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Disclaimer: Not trying to call specific characters cheap or seeking advice on how to beat them. This is purely situational.
5 months in and I finally RQ. Not plug pulling, I'm not that low. The opponent still got their points. I fought a Kotal Kahn who clearly was trying to piss me off, after the set I took a deep breathe and let it go. After that it was an Error Black, who was more troll-y than the last player, switching from slide to forward 4 the whole set so I was like "I can't, don't have the patience right now, not today" and peaced out. I didn't get enough sleep, other life stuff was distracting me ect. I can take 1 set every once in a while that pisses me off but 2 in a row was too much for my mental state. I think 95% have have RQ atleast once in your life.

So whats your story and what grinded your gears at the time?
The only time I "rage quit" is if the connection is unplayable.
I could be facing off against someone so much better that I eat two back to back flawless and I'll still stay.

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
"Don't ragequit,I stay there to learn something."

So I played Cage against this Frost that literally walkback d4ed the entire match and then b2 spin non stop which practically 10-0es cage.

So I manage to just d4 and throw her the entire match and barely win.

So I was with 50ish life, she was with 50ish life, so naturally ANYTHING I DO and she blocks she'll do b11 ex spin and fuck me over through chip.
So I do b34 into ex forceballs to chip for death first but the game decides that ITS RANDOM TIME TO WHIFF THE FORCEBALLS AGAINST FROST so she just d4 spamkills me through my forceballs.

So naturally I went to PULL OUT THE CONSOLE FROM THE WALL WITH THE WIRES AND TV TO SMASH IT IN THE GROUND SELL MY HOUSE AND MY CAR AND BUY ONE WAY TICKET TO NRS AND A SHOTGUN, but then I recalled TYM said to just stay there and learn something.

So I stayed and I learned that I also got teabagged after and fatality.

Great tip TYM, thanks. And thank you NRS for this well tested and consistent game.

Hiyomoto

Noob
I’ve never quit mid match. I close application after doing fatalities so the screen freezes on my opponent. I do that to my friends after a clutch win or I considered it to be my last match and didn’t want to wait for the fatality to be done. Or I close application after getting bodied. I can’t bring myself to quit mid match for some reason no matter how bad it is.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Didn't RQ in my entire life, won't do that. If I did, they would know my weakness and keep on this shit. I patiently waited for the match to end, and then selected "Quit Match" like a gentleman.

If someone RQes, then he has a psychological problem. The obvious reason is that he always has a fuse loose, which makes him impatient and too easy to rage.

Just don't be like Cerny. lol

NothingPersonal

Are you not entertained!?
"Don't ragequit,I stay there to learn something."

So I played Cage against this Frost that literally walkback d4ed the entire match and then b2 spin non stop which practically 10-0es cage.

So I manage to just d4 and throw her the entire match and barely win.

So I was with 50ish life, she was with 50ish life, so naturally ANYTHING I DO and she blocks she'll do b11 ex spin and fuck me over through chip.
So I do b34 into ex forceballs to chip for death first but the game decides that ITS RANDOM TIME TO WHIFF THE FORCEBALLS AGAINST FROST so she just d4 spamkills me through my forceballs.

So naturally I went to PULL OUT THE CONSOLE FROM THE WALL WITH THE WIRES AND TV TO SMASH IT IN THE GROUND SELL MY HOUSE AND MY CAR AND BUY ONE WAY TICKET TO NRS AND A SHOTGUN, but then I recalled TYM said to just stay there and learn something.

So I stayed and I learned that I also got teabagged after and fatality.

Great tip TYM, thanks. And thank you NRS for this well tested and consistent game.
Why you force ball against females though :DOGE

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
I don't think I've ever rage quit a game.
I do remember one time where a Kung Lao cornered me in MK9, doing the same combo over and over again, and I just could not get out of it. So I just let it happen, went to go pee, came back, took my loss and moved on. I wasn't angry or anything though, just accepted I just wasn't good enough to handle that.