What's new

So, who are you?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Hey, i want to start this thread by telling you, that some of my greatest friendships online started off with this forum, and while we are all here because we all enjoy video games, you can never know what the other persons is or what he does and sometimes it's amazing surprising and can even lead to collabs, jobs and even more than just that.
For example, Immortal works at CDPR.
Robocop is working on a game of his own.

This thread you don't need to tell your name, or where you live for safety cases, but you can tell what you do other than playing games.

I start.
I have a weekly job as help desk and assistant managing director of a company that picks up hospital waste and delivers to safety, the money sux (it's less than what i earn on YT) but we gotta start somewhere, in any other country this would be one hell of a job, but here, the ppl who request our services aren't regular payers so it tends to be annoying to survive with that job alone.

I have my own passions as well, currently my Youtube channel it's a working project which I teach fighting games, and post shorts and troll a bit as well whenever I can, mostly tekken (because $ is good) but I can gladly talk anything, but I do that at my own pacing considering my time is really slim right now.
I grew up training martial arts(Kung Fu, Karate, Muay Thai, Ninjutsu, weapons) at some point but, I'm currently 90kg and I'm not using that knowledge on anything at all, it did saved my life once tho(a conversation for another time)

I'm an artist, meaning I can draw, but my secondary Job is to write stories for a company I'm currently part of and we are trying to create a market for comic books, I was one of the main writers, but I'm going to be on the supervision and overseeing new writers who wants to bring their own story to our team as well. So I only draw to put things in perspective when working with another artist. Currently tasked with a national superhero division universe and merging some others. We will hopefully start to sell it this year.

Even that i love programming i never really had the time (at least not now) to put some energy into it and learn more about programming languages in general because one of my greatest dreams was always to make games or be part of one, so the ppl i usually keep around are just as talented that i think in the end i will be able to mesh all together and start a gaming industry company.

Gaming wise, i play games since i was 5 years old (I'm not joking) my first game was shadow dancer in the arcades and my first fighting game was street fighter, i grew playing video games a lot and i was a kid on a fighting game universe back in the arcade days, so my competitive wisdom came since 1994, and i played mostly anything that it's not party or family games, but puzzling, action, fighting, racing are my kinda games, and at some point i played pro evolution but didn't really stick in me, i always had the habit of making my own team and put my friends as players.
My most expensive gaming dream its to buy a racing wheel, a VR, and boot up F1 or Gran Turismo and just drive in the weekends for as much as my body can bear.

Well and that's it for me, I'm a pretty open person, but sometimes i can be annoying and perfectionist as well, but one thing i value a lot more than anything is friendship, i made so many friends ever since i started gaming.

I’m a 3D artist based in Los Angeles. I have worked on movies, commercials, and videos game trailers. Lately..I’ve been working on real time projects. I’m currently working for a VR studio. Here a demo reel that needs to be updated:

I enjoy playing video games at a casual level. First mk game I played was mk2 in the genesis.

Zviko

Noob
Gamer, football(soccer) player, almost electronic engineer(only final project left), future police officer(hopefully, just joined the Academy), Lady Gaga stan, dreamer of Reptile being in KP3.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I’m a 3D artist based in Los Angeles. I have worked on movies, commercials, and videos game trailers. Lately..I’ve been working on real time projects. I’m currently working for a VR studio. Here a demo reel that needs to be updated:

I enjoy playing video games at a casual level. First mk game I played was mk2 in the genesis.
Very interesting, how long have you been working as a 3D artist?

NSR

Also known as Futuretime23
I am the bone of my sword.
Steel is my body, and fire is my blood.
I have created over a thousand blades.
Unknown to Death.
Nor known to Life.
Have withstood pain to create many weapons.
Yet, those hands will never hold anything.
So as I pray, UNLIMITED BLADE WORKS!

NickDaGreek1983

Oh, my days !
I work as a pastry chef 5 or 6 days a week in a bakery in Athens.

I play the guitar, write & upload articles/small stories, watch movies & series due to the pandemic, watch NBA, love video editing and am a HUGE MK geek.

I love Iron Maiden, Southpark and the Monty Python guys.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I work as a pastry chef 5 or 6 days a week in a bakery in Athens.

I play the guitar, write & upload articles/small stories, watch movies & series due to the pandemic, watch NBA, love video editing and am a HUGE MK geek.

I love Iron Maiden, Southpark and the Monty Python guys.
cooking it's one hell of an art, I know because my dad pulls it off sometimes when he is feeling himself.
Good stuff.

I work in television production, and have been for almost twenty years. I've spent most of that time with the same company, managing their Greater Toronto Area production and post-production facilities. They spent a lot of time making their own stuff, mostly factual entertainment with a few dramas here and there, but over the last half decade they've scaled back on that and have spent more time financing other companies projects. This way, they've gotten involved with some interesting stuff.

I figure I'll do this for about another half decade then look to scale back and switch things up, as the industry and commute have taken a lot of time out of me. It's been worth it, no question, but by that point a change will be nice.

In terms of hobbies, I like to maintain my home and property, my car, and basically putter around as it's a great contrast to the work life.

Ilthuain

Lost in a labyrinth of egoism
Hi!

I'm a dude in my 40s. I've been playing fighting games since there were fighting games, starting off with the old vector game Warrior and later Karate Champ, both in the arcade. I skipped a lot of high school when SF2 came out.

Professionally, I'm a video game designer. My specialty is something called "systems design", where I focus on the nuts and bolts of broad game features and game economies. Quite a bit of it involves Excel and reading player analytic reports. I love it.

I spend most of my hobby time with board games, pinball, miniature painting, and fighting games.

I'm married, and my wife is also an MK nerd. When she was a kid, she made a Sub-Zero outfit for one of her dolls (she still has it!). We've run tournaments and been Evo judges a few times.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Professionally since 2016
5 years now, that's pretty good, and your modeling is no joke? Any chance you want to start a studio of your own?

Hi!

I'm a dude in my 40s. I've been playing fighting games since there were fighting games, starting off with the old vector game Warrior and later Karate Champ, both in the arcade. I skipped a lot of high school when SF2 came out.

Professionally, I'm a video game designer. My specialty is something called "systems design", where I focus on the nuts and bolts of broad game features and game economies. Quite a bit of it involves Excel and reading player analytic reports. I love it.

I spend most of my hobby time with board games, pinball, miniature painting, and fighting games.

I'm married, and my wife is also an MK nerd. When she was a kid, she made a Sub-Zero outfit for one of her dolls (she still has it!). We've run tournaments and been Evo judges a few times.
That's pretty awesome, i think game data it's one of the most exciting stuff about making a game, the feedback it's always crazy.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I am part of an IT department for a school district. I run one building and I help support the others. I have been working in IT for about ten years now.
Did you ever encountered a student that plays fighting games?

I have a engineer friend that teaches advanced math to ppl who want's to enter highschool and at some point in highschool, before he started any class he would write in the board "Mortal Kombat Trilogy" and condition their students with the following:
"Anyone who defeats me at this game or bringing someone who can that it's not part of my crew, will get lessons for free"

That was awesome to see and he met a lot of opponents this way and still hold his record haha.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
Did you ever encountered a student that plays fighting games?

I have a engineer friend that teaches advanced math to ppl who want's to enter highschool and at some point in highschool, before he started any class he would write in the board "Mortal Kombat Trilogy" and condition their students with the following:
"Anyone who defeats me at this game or bringing someone who can that it's not part of my crew, will get lessons for free"

That was awesome to see and he met a lot of opponents this way and still hold his record haha.
Eh, the kids don't really play fighting games, if they do its Smash.

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara
Well, I attended Juilliard. I am a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively.
I lived through the Black Plague, and had a pretty good time during that. I’ve seen the Exorcist about 167 times...
I've found that movie gets funnier every single time I see it

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
I'm an Accountant for a Senior Living company. I love listening to classical music, mostly late renaissance or early baroque sacred vocal works (think JS Bach and earlier). My favorite sports are tennis, baseball, and football.

I didn't get interested in fighting games until 2014, when I saw an article in The AV Club about some big fighting game tournament called EVO. At first I thought it was silly, cause how could a game about button mashing be a serious worldwide competition? But it made me curious, and next week I watched the Blazblue Grand Finals, which was pretty epic. I had no idea what was happening, but it was wildly entertaining, so I started reading up about fighting games, and eventually it lead me here.

I've found out that I'm someone who loves to know how things work at a high level. I like understanding the system behind how things work. I like knowing how tings like Music Theory works, what makes someone good at chess, what makes someone good at fighting games, stuff like that. I think that's what drew me to fighting games, because up until my early 30's I had always thought of fighting games simply being about mashing buttons and learning how to do a few special moves. It's been really eye opening learning about how they work, how frame data works, all the strategies.

As interested as I am in fighting games, I'm also pretty terrible at them. I love going into practice mode and figuring out how things work, how different characters can be used, and how to do some simply combo's. I love watching high level matches. I don't always enjoy hopping online and fighting random strangers though, so I tend not to get as much actual in game experience. I also get really excited about a hobby for 1-2 months, and then drop it to move on to the next hobby that catches my eye.