What's new

Strategy So we're not going to discuss it?

The Toasty Boost?

Ever since the input was discovered, I've hit about 8 Toasty Boosts so far.

Not only that, but you do NOT have to drop your combo to do the input. I just swagged it into an uppercut combo. I did the input as soon as I saw Dan and still got my 43~Lightning.

I mean, this has to make him scarier than he ever was, and potentially move him up on the tier list. Rain LIVES off of uppercuts and thrives on meter.

Discuss!

RYX

BIG PUSHER
The Toasty Boost?

Ever since the input was discovered, I've hit about 8 Toasty Boosts so far.

Not only that, but you do NOT have to drop your combo to do the input. I just swagged it into an uppercut combo. I did the input as soon as I saw Dan and still got my 43~Lightning.

I mean, this has to make him scarier than he ever was, and potentially move him up on the tier list. Rain LIVES off of uppercuts and thrives on meter.

Discuss!
No. Something left up to chance does not affect the match-ups as they were, only that particular match itself.

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
even doing a million uppercuts I have only gotten 1 toasty to appear in a competitive match, and he got the boost faster than I could, this does not effect his standing whatsoever, his uppercuts may give you a higher chance at one, but it gives your opponent the equal chance

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
What RYX said. But even the chance part isn't bad in itself is the rarity of the event that completely disregards any strategic value.

If Dan Forben were to appear once per match, even if it were random, you could at least somewhat use it as a backup plan. Sadly, Dan Forden appearing on the screen is so rare it's not worth the trouble.

No. Something left up to chance does not affect the match-ups as they were, only that particular match itself.
While I see what you're saying and I do agree, I have to argue that it cannot be overlooked. The chance of Dan appearing for Rain is probably the highest out of any character in the game. Every thing Rain does... midscreen, corner, AA, whatever... is going to have an uppercut in it. That's not so for Kabal or Quan Chi (the other most likely TB candidates) If you fight a high level Rain, it WILL happen. It cannot be overlooked.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
While I see what you're saying and I do agree, I have to argue that it cannot be overlooked. The chance of Dan appearing for Rain is probably the highest out of any character in the game. Every thing Rain does... midscreen, corner, AA, whatever... is going to have an uppercut in it. That's not so for Kabal or Quan Chi (the other most likely TB candidates) If you fight a high level Rain, it WILL happen. It cannot be overlooked.
Kabal gets a Toasty Boost off B121 doesn't he? (brb gonna go cry for my Saibot)

While it shouldn't be overlooked with any character(It's a free 3 bars), I don't think it should be looked upon as an integral part of Rain's gameplay. There's also the issue that you might miss the cue mid-match unless you're fishing for Fordens. It's simply a random chance for a great opportunity, nothing more, and nothing less.

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
it wont is what were saying lol more uppercuts doesnt mean higher % persay, its the law of randomability, like i said in 5 tournaments I havent gotten 1, in a streamed casual for which i did thoasands of matches, only 1.

Kabal gets a Toasty Boost off B121 doesn't he? (brb gonna go cry for my Saibot)

While it shouldn't be overlooked with any character(It's a free 3 bars), I don't think it should be looked upon as an integral part of Rain's gameplay. There's also the issue that you might miss the cue mid-match unless you're fishing for Fordens. It's simply a random chance for a great opportunity, nothing more, and nothing less.
Yeah, Forden appears for B121, though that means it's only really likely to happen in the corner. Rain will uppercut you in any combo, in any setup, anywhere on the screen.

I'm not saying it changes matchups, but I think it gives Rain an edge. People now have to go "Okay, Rain. He does a lot of uppercuts. There's a better chance than most for a TB." That's not something many MU's have to worry about.

it wont is what were saying lol more uppercuts doesnt mean higher % persay, its the law of randomability, like i said in 5 tournaments I havent gotten 1, in a streamed casual for which i did thoasands of matches, only 1.
lol Maybe you don't use enough D2? It feels like every 2 or so sets I do with Rain, it happens.

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
lol Maybe you don't use enough D2? It feels like every 2 or so sets I do with Rain, it happens.
i do more uppercuts than the average rain, using the only double uppercut as bnb with a health lead, it's random, kabal has a greaterchance, 2 b1,2,1 midscreen, twice as many as the average rain, and up to 5-6 in the corner, rain only gets one, and kabal having the higher chance at landing multple corner combos in the corner the math is stacked against rain

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
even with a million b1,2, 1, you have the same exact chance at getting a toasty boost than some scrub online who does one lonely uppercut with sheeva then quits the game

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
I hit 3 in total this weekend 2 of which i think were on the gga stream. I did hit bit with one off stream and still finish off the combo. It was tight.

It can also be a terrible thing for rain as most of the time this will happen during strict timing uppercut combos and in most of these cases you will either choose to go for it or keep your combo. There is always the bad side of this that the person you are playing will get it before you and thus it cannot be considered only a positive for rain. Its an overall new part of the game and it is random.