What's new

General/Other ... So Skarlet's X-ray from RD is 6 Frames

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I know this isin't new, maybe a few of us are unaware of it.

Didn't notice that until a few weeks ago, so it seems her fastest attack can only be executed after 12 frames and waste the entire bar. Which is basically a bit useless.

The only good use i put to it, was to finish matches or hopeless rounds lately during red dash interruptions attempts

Deity

Noob
Skarlet usually is spending meter on En knife or En red dash, but the threat of Xray forces your opponent respect red dash. This opens up for things like naked red dash into pressure or a grab mixup.

AssassiN

Noob
If you do X-ray too close, Skarlet will fly over her opponent.
Most of the time this will let the last hit whiff and put her at -14.

So very risky stuff, doesn't to alot of chip damage either.
Fought a Skarlet mirror match against the CPU today, CPU did X-ray and I did D3.
Made the x-ray whiff and I could block in time.

TBH, I would never use Skarlet's X-ray unless the opponent jumps at me and he has less then 30% HP.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
If you do X-ray too close, Skarlet will fly over her opponent.
Most of the time this will let the last hit whiff and put her at -14.

So very risky stuff, doesn't to alot of chip damage either.
Fought a Skarlet mirror match against the CPU today, CPU did X-ray and I did D3.
Made the x-ray whiff and I could block in time.

TBH, I would never use Skarlet's X-ray unless the opponent jumps at me and he has less then 30% HP.
indeed.

I actually wonder why ppl call her unbalanced, when all the stuff she has can be stopped with a good read

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Her X-Ray should work like most characters does.

It should make the opponent aware of interrupting or disrespecting, if opponents think they can poke you or interrupt you, you can X-ray them, plus its armoured the whole way, overhead and only -2 on block, nothing to lose by throwing it out.

AssassiN

Noob
Her X-Ray should work like most characters does.

It should make the opponent aware of interrupting or disrespecting, if opponents think they can poke you or interrupt you, you can X-ray them, plus its armoured the whole way, overhead and only -2 on block, nothing to lose by throwing it out.
D3 makes it whiff, not sure about D1's, sweeps and D4's.
Doesn't include character specials that lower their hitbox.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
D3 makes it whiff, not sure about D1's, sweeps and D4's.
Doesn't include character specials that lower their hitbox.
On point blank range yes, it whiff
but if you do a bit out, no way it will whiff.

I just don't like it doing because after it, sucessfull or not, skarlet lose all her defensive options

AssassiN

Noob
On point blank range yes, it whiff
but if you do a bit out, no way it will whiff.

I just don't like it doing because after it, sucessfull or not, skarlet lose all her defensive options
True, I always like to keep 1 bar after EDC pressure. Just so I can armor and get 30-40% instead of an extra 5-7 % chip.