What's new

So many problems with mk 11

I hated MKX movement, what I meant by "free" is that I think backdashes and dashes should have a recovery, not cost resources.
I agree with that recovery as it would encourage walk more and make forward-back dash risky but unless there is a RUN button it would break all the small "run" movements needed for combos (there are combos with even 2) or after a D4 into button/pressure, etc which would be even worse for the game I think.

NothingPersonal

Are you not entertained!?
no wakeup jump? now let's not deny that holding up on wakeup isn't a viable option
It's a viable option, on read. It's not a wake-up option. Wake-up otions are those that let you wake-up safely before the wake-up animation itself is complete., i.e. invincible. "Wake-up" jump is just jumping right after the character gets up without any dedicated wake-up attack inputs.

CO-KANO

psn: UNFUCxWITABLE_1
Yep, the game is nigh 2 months old. Didnt realize there were so many gaming prodigies in the fgc. It takes time to lab, work on your main, and grind mus. Instant gratification generation. The game must be arse, since Im a deity among ants.

Mindset has a ton to do with playing. If ye playing with a piss poor attitude, ye just going to tilt further in the trench that Kano pisses in. Play calmly, try and improve upon your base skill set. If ye pissy and distracted, lab, play a tower, go read a book. Anything but come on here and piss and moan like a soft gelatinous clump of goo.
The player carries the character not the other way around

It's a viable option, on read. It's not a wake-up option. Wake-up otions are those that let you wake-up safely before the wake-up animation itself is complete., i.e. invincible. "Wake-up" jump is just jumping right after the character gets up without any dedicated wake-up attack inputs.
i mean of course mechanically it's not a wake-up but it is an option

while mk11 does have good gameplay there are actually things mechanically wrong with the game; be it buttons, strings, hitboxes, krushing blows, or even fatal blows

Gaxkang

Banned
no wakeup jump? now let's not deny that holding up on wakeup isn't a viable option
It's never worked for me. Neutral jumping in general has seemed pretty useless to me in the game.

I remember one time I neutral jumped into the air above the ground and I still got hit by a low, heh. I keep imagining a huge hurtbox or something shoots out when one jumps.

It's never worked for me. Neutral jumping in general has seemed pretty useless to me in the game.

I remember one time I neutral jumped into the air above the ground and I still got hit by a low, heh. I keep imagining a huge hurtbox or something shoots out when one jumps.
it won't work with well timed meaties but it can beat out throws and I believe some low starters

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
its not a wakeup move, the correct expression would've been jump after "stand"
Wakeup moves cut the stand up animations, when you poke, jump, string, special, all after you stand, its not a wakeup move anymore. Any meaty attack catching you doing these stuff its going to hit you regardless

Inzzane_79

Every time someone farts, a demon gets his wings
The wakeup system in MK11 is really strong but what comes with that hand in hand is also that it makes a very strong shimmy game! Of course a backroll will negate a Shimmy most of the time but anything else you will blow up with a Shimmy IF you know the distances of your opponents wakeup options (U3, U2 for example).

And don´t underestimate how strong a flawless blocked U2/U3 wakeup can be. If I see that my Opponent is going for U3 a lot on wakeup I will try to flawless block+U2 into full combo and you would be surprised how often it works and how easy it is to learn.

I´m actually liking the wakeup System in MK11 and that it brings another mindgame (sort of) to the game

its not a wakeup move, the correct expression would've been jump after "stand"
Wakeup moves cut the stand up animations, when you poke, jump, string, special, all after you stand, its not a wakeup move anymore. Any meaty attack catching you doing these stuff its going to hit you regardless
i mean i get it. i don't need you to mechanically explain wakeups. I'm saying that people legit treat jumping on wakeup as a viable option

Numbers don't lie. Still getting matched up with the same guys daily in ranked. Nobody is in the rooms. When there is everybody just goes afk in koth. The mechanics are whats pushing people away. Stupid things like neutral ducking then uppercutting for cheap damage, cowards that constantly back up, excessive spacing like Tekken so ranged characters like Skarlet and Kabal fuck your shit up at mid range, kung lao players jumping around like they're on crack, knockback on projectiles, etc
I could go on. I thought it would out last injustice 2 but it turns out black Adam and Deadshot don't have shit on Cetrion or Jade. Enjoy turtling at full screen if your character doesn't have a teleport. I'll play this game till the end of its run, but im really disappointed.