What's new

Question - Jacqui Briggs So Jacqui is good now?

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
How anyone can say that making her armored specials safe isn't a game-changer is beyond me. I'm playing on PC where she doesn't have safe wakeups, combo enders, or gap punishers. Trust me, I would kill to be able to wake up with safe armor.

Tweedy

Noob
How anyone can say that making her armored specials safe isn't a game-changer is beyond me. I'm playing on PC where she doesn't have safe wakeups, combo enders, or gap punishers. Trust me, I would kill to be able to wake up with safe armor.
Lets also note that it's not just safe, it's 0 with pushback.

I look at Cage's -4 EX shadow kick as a safe armored move. It's still my turn after I block it. When I block Jacqui's EX BF2, the neutral is reset.

Just like with Sub Zero's klone, Jacqui doesn't have to use her guns from midscreen.

Shotgun is still probably the best, though. Straight shotgun is such an underrated tool. -1 on block, +17 on hit. Good chip.
+17 on hit but can you follow it up with anything? Isn't the opponent too far to continue with any string or move?

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
And didn't they boost the damage/utility as well? My MB bf2 is still just awful.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
+17 on hit but can you follow it up with anything? Isn't the opponent too far to continue with any string or move?
You get a guaranteed run up s1.

In the corner you get a 50/50

So you're saying these XL changes have made her from low/mid tier to high/top tier?
100% yes.

Look at the list of characters that were nerfed. Now look at the characters that were left the same. She easily moved up 7-8 tier spots from the XL patch; not to mention the introduction of 4 new characters (3 of which she is better than) which naturally shifted rankings by themselves.

Last edited:
You get a guaranteed run up s1.

In the corner you get a 50/50

100% yes.

Look at the list of characters that were nerfed. Now look at the characters that were left the same. She easily moved up 7-8 tier spots from the XL patch; not to mention the introduction of 4 new characters (3 of which she is better than) which naturally shifted rankings by themselves.
To get this straight, shotgun's 50/50 is either b2>low shot or b33>low shot right?