What's new

Question - Jacqui Briggs So Jacqui is good now?

i havent played this game since before MKXL dropped because i lost interest, but someway or another i ended up coming back to shotgun jacqui, and all the changes certain characters got makes it seem like a whole nother game.

i know tier lists are subjective but theres plenty of people saying Jacqui(specifically high tech and shotgun) is really good now too. is this true? i remember stubby limbs, no wake-up, some useless specials(like ex bf2), and some other stuff, made winning with her take work.

this game got changed so often, so either way i got a lot of catching up to do.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
When did she have no wakeup? EX BF1 was always a wakeup... and BF2 and EX BF2 are now safe on block with push back, so EX BF2 is very useful as a wakeup and neutral tool.

Her only valid weakness now is stubby limbs, but her mobility and fast normals allow her to make up for this.

When did she have no wakeup? EX BF1 was always a wakeup... and BF2 and EX BF2 are now safe on block with push back, so EX BF2 is very useful as a wakeup and neutral tool.

Her only valid weakness now is stubby limbs, but her mobility and fast normals allow her to make up for this.
its been a while for me. i remember ex bf1 being her only wakeup, but i dont remember it being that good.

im honestly in shock, i cant believe shes so strong now. i still recall the struggle vividly.

thanks for the input.

TyCarter35

Bonafide Jax scrub
Yeah she is like top 10 in this game at least as of now. Only thing keeping her from Alien territory is as said before, her stubby limbs and lack of a strong mid outside of stanky leg which is almost impossible to pull off. FA has some of the best dmg in the game while Shotgun has strong vortex potential while HT has strong pressure that allows for jailing and easy meter building. The only characters that would top Jacqui when it comes to damaging 50/50's is the top 5

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
tbh, even with Full Auto and Shotgun combined she has too many close-to-impossible matchups: Ronin, CT Kano, SQ D'vorah, Acid Alien, Jason, P Mileena, Reptile; possible Johnny Cage and Kotal
They simply out range her and she has no chance to hit back, or even counterpoke. She must make a huge read trying to land a hit, at least she has great damage and 50/50 for it
But 52% 1 bar isn't enough to make her top 10. I'm serious. She's around mid tier, more like 13th-15th spot, the gate keeper of mid and high tier

Last edited:

omooba

fear the moobs

actually exbf1 wasn't really viable cus the hitbox whiffed randomly. don't know if it still happens
I'm really hoping for sarcasm here because this game never updates.
really hope this is sarcasm because yes it does

Syzoth

The last Saurian from Zaterra - Syzoth - Reptile
actually exbf1 wasn't really viable cus the hitbox whiffed randomly. don't know if it still happens

really hope this is sarcasm because yes it does
The last patch we got was 5 months ago.. and the one before that was 6 months. 2 patches in 11 months is shit support considering it's widely believed to either no longer receive updates or only receive one more. Then you consider that most of that time frame is within the first year of release and *sigh*

Last edited:

thlityoursloat

kick kick
tbh, even with Full Auto and Shotgun combined she has too many close-to-impossible matchups: Ronin, CT Kano, SQ D'vorah, Acid Alien, Jason, P Mileena, Reptile; possible Johnny Cage and Kotal
They simply out range her and she has no chance to hit back, or even counterpoke. She must make a huge read trying to land a hit, at least she has great damage and 50/50 for it
But 52% 1 bar isn't enough to make her top 10. I'm serious. She's around mid tier, more like 13th-15th spot, the gate keeper of mid and high tier
DF2.....

52% with one bar sounds great tbh. though her not being top 10 but around 13th-15th is something ive been hearing a lot. i cant really give my opinion on those MUs tho since its been so long

The last patch we got was 5 months ago.. and the one before that was 6 months. 2 patches in 11 months is shit support considering it's widely believed to either no longer receive updates or only receive one more. Then you consider that most of that time frame is within the first year of release and *sigh*
like i said in my op, i havent touched this game since before mkxl. last year, characters were getting buffed and nerfed like every other month. Every time there was a major tournament you could just assume there were gonna be a host of changes for a lot of the characters that following week. just look up the number of patches this game has had since release and see for yourself.

the constant changes may not be the case nowadays but it certainly was before mkxl.
regardless, this is off topic

omooba

fear the moobs
umm where are you getting this information from. we haven't gotten a patch since the last one because they specifically said 'no patches till evo'. before that in the11 months the game had been out we got not 2 but 8 patches, each of which damn near recreated at least one character, 3 of them were basically a brand new game and konsidering the fact that kp3 is koming no one thinks there's only 1 more patch. there's the kp3 patch, there's the fix kp3 patch and there's holy shit what did we do fix that shit patch. at least 3 more koming

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
High tech is still a bill. There are at least 35 other variations better than it. Shotgun is good, but struggles heavily in some matchups same with full auto. The incredibly strong setplay is what makes her good. Full auto is probably on the same level. Both full auto and shotgun are A+ tier (with S and S- being above them). High tech is A/A-/B+ tier depending on how you want to rank them.

Her main problems are;
- very difficult neutral (this is alleviated somewhat with shotgun db2)
- terrible pokes
- whiffing issues in which her mids are low profiled
- poor wakeup (ex bf2 helps, but it is super slow and easily armour broken. ex bf1 is a joke and whiffs against several characters in circumstances in which it shouldn't. Most characters can OS her wakeup by using a fast low poke into a special).

Shotgun and full auto are in s good place at the moment. They don't need buffs not nerfs. High tech still needs some help.

Hiyomoto

Noob
Yeah she is like top 10 in this game at least as of now. Only thing keeping her from Alien territory is as said before, her stubby limbs and lack of a strong mid outside of stanky leg which is almost impossible to pull off. FA has some of the best dmg in the game while Shotgun has strong vortex potential while HT has strong pressure that allows for jailing and easy meter building. The only characters that would top Jacqui when it comes to damaging 50/50's is the top 5
I don't know why people complain about Stanky leg as if it's hard to do. Everything seems difficult to do until you practice it to the point you can pull it off even with nerves.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
I don't know why people complain about Stanky leg as if it's hard to do. Everything seems difficult to do until you practice it to the point you can pull it off even with nerves.
Because it's a normal with a stupidly difficult input. They could've easily made the input u4 or angle 4 but instead they went with what is a stupid input for what seems like no reason at all.

Mind you, I can get it consistently but I still feel like they made it arbitrarily difficult for absolutely no reason. It's not a combo, it's not even a special, it's a friggen normal, why should it be that difficult?

Hiyomoto

Noob
Because it's a normal with a stupidly difficult input. They could've easily made the input u4 or angle 4 but instead they went with what is a stupid input for what seems like no reason at all.

Mind you, I can get it consistently but I still feel like they made it arbitrarily difficult for absolutely no reason. It's not a combo, it's not even a special, it's a friggen normal, why should it be that difficult?
Seeing how good the move is on hit and block, would you really enjoy the input being not so difficult to input for the average person that just picked her up? If people want to maximize their Jacqui, they'll just have to lab the input.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Seeing how good the move is on hit and block, would you really enjoy the input being not so difficult to input for the average person that just picked her up? If people want to maximize their Jacqui, they'll just have to lab the input.
It's not even that good in the scheme of things. I'd gladly trade it for mileena/Cassie b12 or D'Vorah/kotal f1. Should those move inputs be made that much more difficult? Because they're all better normals than Jacqui 4u4.

I would 100% enjoy the input to be easy so that anyone could do it. That's how it should be. Should we make Jason's d1 input dud1 because it's "a very good normal?"

Ecodus

I ain't got time to bleed.
Jacqui is very very strong. Since day 1 she's had a huge overhaul and a lot of buffs.

Shotgun is among the most mindless safe vortexes I've seen. That along with huge damage makes it pretty silly.

Full auto is my favorite variation and has jailing + frame pressure. However, like many characters in MKXL, suffers from some hitbox issues.

High tech is untapped. Hard to say how good it really is.

Big changes to bf2 make a huge difference in her play style. I feel like she has a strong neutral in both shotgun and full auto for many reasons.

Stanky leg is one of the most misunderstood normals in the game. It's rep for being a difficult imput has overshadowed it's strength. Watch sonic use it in neutral, pressure, oki and AA and you'll really see it shine.

Overall if you like Jacqui picking her up and spending the time to get to know her ins and outs, you'll have a character that can compete with the majority of the cast.

Guys I have three questions if anyone can answer them:
1) how do you cancel the f2u2 to land faster so you can extend the combo? I mean Ive read its ud4 or du4 but I've tried both and nothing happens. What exactly am I supposed to do? And when?
2) after 114>low shot the opponent is stunned, after the opponent is stunned is it better to jump in at my opponent and combo or run at the opponents and combo? What's more consistent or gives you more frames?
3) what's the deal with the stanky leg? Why is it so useful?

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Guys I have three questions if anyone can answer them:
1) how do you cancel the f2u2 to land faster so you can extend the combo? I mean Ive read its ud4 or du4 but I've tried both and nothing happens. What exactly am I supposed to do? And when?
2) after 114>low shot the opponent is stunned, after the opponent is stunned is it better to jump in at my opponent and combo or run at the opponents and combo? What's more consistent or gives you more frames?
3) what's the deal with the stanky leg? Why is it so useful?
1. Input the du4 as if you were to cancel the f2u2 string with a special (which is essentially what you are doing). You can just dial it; f2u2du4 all as one string.

2. Jump in. Provides more damage and conserves stamina.

3. Stanky leg is an 11 frame mid with OK range that launches for full combo, anti-airs pretty well and is +2 on block. It's a really good normal. The "thing" with stanky leg is its input is janky and although with practice you can get it consistently, for what it is (a simple normal) the input is convoluted and unnecessarily difficult.

1. Input the du4 as if you were to cancel the f2u2 string with a special (which is essentially what you are doing). You can just dial it; f2u2du4 all as one string.

2. Jump in. Provides more damage and conserves stamina.

3. Stanky leg is an 11 frame mid with OK range that launches for full combo, anti-airs pretty well and is +2 on block. It's a really good normal. The "thing" with stanky leg is its input is janky and although with practice you can get it consistently, for what it is (a simple normal) the input is convoluted and unnecessarily difficult.
I'm having trouble jumping in after 114,db1, most of the times I'm a little far after the jump in. Would I have to run a little before the jump in? Or walk like a step?