What's new

So IF there's a 2021 movie tie-in skin/voice pack for MK11, who do you want in it?

Art Lean

Noob
So Mehcad Brooks seems to suggest it's definitely happening (and I'm hoping so, I love crossovers, especially now the technology is there to make it work), which characters/actors would you want in an MK2021 movie & voice skin pack? I'll set the rules at 4 characters (it's likely 3 I expect if it happens since that's common among the packs so far, but with Shang already in the game with his bonus movie skin, the 95 film technically got 4 movie skins in MK11, just one got released much earlier, so I'll go with 4 again).

For me I'd love:

1. Sub Zero, that outfit is awesome (though it'll be odd hearing him reciting Kuai Liang's dull heroic grandmaster rhetoric... can see why Frost thinks he's such a boring old dick. I'd far rather a villainous Sub Zero again... but then maybe that just means it would be a great Noob Saibot skin?)
  2. Mileena (sorry but Sisi Stringer is just beautiful beyond words so I'd love her in my game)
  3. Kano (because, obviously, plus Kano is just visually stagnant in MK11 at this stage)
  4. Jax (because it's seemingly a given)
As for the other characters, Liu and Kung Lao aren't unique enough to stand out and warrant skins IMO (not a complaint, more a compliment that they captured their characters well). Sonya is wonderful and DO really want her in, but don't think I need 3 different Sonya actresses in one game, especially since an MK21 Sonya will also just be another blonde lady in a tank top (if I get a new skin for a character I want it to be wearing something interesting, like the Sarah Connor skin which in green camo accessorised with the beret looks simply awesome and how she should have looked by default IMO). Shang was great, but there's only one Tagawa, plus a new movie skin of a previous movie character who was put into the game in his movie form in the first place... I'm sure there's some sort of implosion of reality there.

Kabal? Too similar to how he is now already, and actually prefer his voice and accent in the game as it is. Raiden was fine, but between the boring Defenders of the Realm Raiden we've had in the games for 25 years years now and Lambert, I don't need another. Scorpion looks too similar to his MK11 default outfit, which I don't care for anyway, I'd prefer a stripped down MK95 skin and mask without all the excess.

So there's mine... what's yours?

Last edited:

Nephrite

#Fujin4MK12BaseRoster
Kabal and Kung Lao easily stole the show in terms of appearance, so those two. Don't care that much for the others. Maaaaaybe, Liu Kang (the black and red costume). With Liu, my fave thing was actually his introduction with him walking with the sunset in the background. They should make that his DLC intro lol.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
Give me MK movie Mileena just so I can get some god damn, classic looking sais for my actual Mileena.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
None really. Other than maybe Kabal, none of the costumes look better than the video game counterpart. The aesthetics of mk11 just look too good. The voice actors of the game are also better than the movie counterpart too.
64D3EE0F-A994-49A1-B42A-6D98CCAD79D5.gif

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
@Art Lean RoboCop unfortunately wasn't in the movie so I don't have an answer, but I just want to say thanks for bringing so much positivity and engagement to the site!

Art Lean

Noob
@Art Lean RoboCop unfortunately wasn't in the movie so I don't have an answer, but I just want to say thanks for bringing so much positivity and engagement to the site!
Thank you. Loved this franchise for nearly 30 years now. Had a lot going on in life, freely admit I'm not the happiest person in the world; the last few years have been very difficult and don't like to think about them, but MK is a fun trivial constant that's made me smile since I was 10. Want it to keep me smiling for many more years to come.

Might sound a bit melodramatic but MK's been there to cheer me up when life's been horrible, 13 year old me had his world changed by that original movie soundtrack and then More Kombat when that followed a year later. It changed my mindset, my tastes, my perception of art even the people I hung out with, which undoubtedly affected the relationships I later had. Then many years later when people so close to me disappeared or passed away, when life felt brutally unfair, I guess I didn't see the point in being negative towards something that's been a source of happiness in my life when other things have been so hard I on occasion didn't want to wake up the next morning. We all have our coping mechanisms, guess mine's been that silly game with ninjas and decapitations because it was always "mine"; no one could take it from me, it only reminded me of myself, something I didn't share with others, it was there to make me smile year after year, in every form of media. This Friday was funny because colleagues at work knew I was that "Mortal Kombat guy" spending his Friday night with the new movie, a pizza and my son. So stupid, so simple, but it meant the world to me. MK is one of those silly sources of comfort when life became too hard; like your favourite meal your mum cooked you as a child, it's a thing I know I can still turn to that is pure escapism, that is just me, my comfort, my world, that stupidly makes me feel proud of myself for the things that were me and I don't care who thinks they are stupid, because they're mine.

It made me smile when my mate Richard at work said on Friday, "remember around 20 years ago you dressed as Sub Zero for a Halloween party, that costume was awesome" and I said "it was Reptile mate, but thank you, my mum made it and I've still got it... and improved it a few years later" with an embarrassed smile on my face and he said "Sorry it was so dark that night, I couldn't tell, but it was excellent" and laughed. It's trivial and nonsense, but made me laugh and embarrassed that I was being such a nerd. Seen the new movie 3 times, is it Oscar material? Is it fuck. But the most fun I've had watching live-action MK since Khan murdered everyone at the end of Conquest. Sorry, 1999 spoilers there :laughing:

TLDR: Thanks mate :)

Last edited:

Zviko

Noob
None because those that I liked the most already have better/just as good voice actors and better skins (Kano, Scorpion, Liu, Lao, Raiden and I'm happy with Sonya now too since we got the 1995 movie pack). Maybe Sub movie skin for Noob.

What I would like instead is Kano's klassic MK1 fatality he did on the lizard.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Everyone? They'll sell us every last one of them I'm sure.

Reiko - Shao
Nitara - Skarlet
Mileena
Sonya
Kabal
Kano
Jax
even Liu Raiden and Lao even if they looked nothing spectacular.
Maybe even a Cole skin for someone, if he's not next "guest" dlc which I'm fairly positive he could be.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I will say, I wouldn't turn down the chance to play as gaslighting hobo Raiden, the true psychopath of MK. No wonder Shang wants to take his crazy ass out! As for Kano, this is the only Josh Lawson skin I need!

"A job's a job, mate!"

I'd like to see Jax because I think he has the body size MK11 Jax is lacking, MK11 Jax feels too short and lean and he should've been somewhere a little shorter than Kotal Kahn in size.

Kano with Voice pack

Pizza

Thrill Kill
I'd like to see Jax because I think he has the body size MK11 Jax is lacking, MK11 Jax feels too short and lean and he should've been somewhere a little shorter than Kotal Kahn in size.
And his younger version has a baby face, he doesn't look anything like John Parrish

Sub-Zero and Scorpion absolutely, and since skin packs seem to be three, I'd say Mileena as well simply because she's a character I play.

Art Lean

Noob
I would paid GOOD FUCKING MONEY for an intro dialogue for Kano vs Liu Kang going "Fucking LASER BEAM! Better than fireballs you fucking pussy!"... especially after his 'Evil Eye' into :D