What's new

So I started vandalizing the Krypt after the 1.14 patch, and ...

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
I think it's bugged.

I started breaking skeletons and pots and start getting goodies like variation icons, character art, gear …

Then I saw a hanged corpse and speared his ass, and it gave me one heart.

Afterwards, every single skeleton or vase I broke gave me 5-10 koins. Speared another corpse to see if it fix it, but nada.

Anyone else had that happen to him?

Last edited:

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
Scorpion's KL Victory Pose is part of the Kronika Vault Krypt Event right now. Or did you get that from a random pot or something?

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
I've broken skeletons and vaces and only ever gotten koins, from pretty much day 1. Are you sure you were actually getting the skins/gear/art whatever from busting up stuff, and not from getting some type of achievement, or busting through a broken wall into a new area?

Art Lean

Noob
Right, follow-up. I don't think you "broke it" with your spearing, think it was just coincidental timing - it was working for me for around 20 pots, then after that reverted to coins again. I didn't do anything other than break pots, so I think maybe it's just a treat for all of us on a limited number of pots?

Got a few bits of gear like a Sub Zero mask (Tongbeiquan Master), a Frost mask (Daughter of Arctica), a Jacqui gauntlet (Right Futura Freedom Fighter), a Noob sickle (10,000 Agonies), some hideous Cassie goggles (Kombat Spice), a Kollector beacon (Dying of the Light), a Cetrion crown (Wings of Desire), lots of artwork, konsumables, a Shao Kahn taunt (Back Again), a couple of variation icons and music.

Last edited:
I dunno I thought they fucking fixed the Krypt making it possible to finally get all the concept art. After I broke the pots, I was still missing a bit of concept art, but at least I got the music and recipes completed.

I also opened up a box for good measure and got concept art for that. Nothing in the other 20 chests I opened afterwards though.

Art Lean

Noob
Ok, so the plot thickens... I logged into my son's PS4 account and tried his MK11 profile (only really set it up to have a few better custom variations when we play local two-player as otherwise P2 has to use the stupid default skins) anyway I picked up the gold Kronika vault for his account, went to smash some pots and get some more gear for his characters... and nothing. Just coins...

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
Ok, so the plot thickens... I logged into my son's PS4 account and tried his MK11 profile (only really set it up to have a few better custom variations when we play local two-player as otherwise P2 has to use the stupid default skins) anyway I picked up the gold Kronika vault for his account, went to smash some pots and get some more gear for his characters... and nothing. Just coins...
So there's probably some kind of algorithm involved. The game estimates how many chests you've opened so far and how long you've been playing, and decides that you've been long overdue for the following rewards?

So everytime we fall behind, the game will give us the rewards inside pots?

I dunno. Feels weird.

Art Lean

Noob
So there's probably some kind of algorithm involved. The game estimates how many chests you've opened so far and how long you've been playing, and decides that you've been long overdue for the following rewards?

So everytime we fall behind, the game will give us the rewards inside pots?

I dunno. Feels weird.
Yeah my son's account is pretty bare in what has been accomplished on it. As I said, only set it up to once-in-a-while unlock a new skin or gear piece so we're not using all the crap default skins the game comes loaded with because some genius decided that local two-player won't allow P2 to use P1's unlocked gear... ffs... ANYWAY, yeah maybe something to that then. Haven't even unlocked further than the courtyard on his account.

Whilst my one is completely opened and refilled around 5 times.

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
I went through to see for myself and got some stuff.

Besides a ton of concept art and stuff. I got:

End of round taunt for Shao Kahn 'Back Again'
Spear for Scorpion 'Wani's Tail'
Bracer for Liu Kang 'Duan Quan'
Skin for Kotal Kahn 'Texcacoac'
Brutality for Geras 'Paused in Time'
Brutality for Cetrion 'Falling Sky'

I love this new addition. It makes it easier to get this concept art and stuff and gives me an incentive to actually smash stuff up when I go into the krypt cause we all know those 5-10 koins aren't worth it lol. If this is an actual thing then I assume it's something they'll talk about in the Kombat Kast tomorrow.

variable

Noob
hope this happens when we get to the pc patch next week. saw PL playing briefly and he was getting loads of variation icons, be nice to get those without having to play the same towers over and over and over...

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
Yeah, everything in the krypt started giving candy for a while. After a few minutes it went back to only consumables and other boring stuff.

Last week it did a bit if the same for me on both pc and ps4 after not going into it forever. Not the smashing things which is new. (I do think that was in the patch notes.)

Starting to think there is a time limiter of some sort. The doors might be open a little more after yesterday, but it's still not interested in giving you everything at once.