What's new

Question So I Just Picked up Lex..

DarkPage

Noob
And i really plan on going the long haul with this character.
Ive been practicing some bnbs and some basic mine and trait set ups.

was just curious if theres anything you guys suggest to keep in mind while approaching this character?

BDMao88

Filthy Casual
BDMao88 has the best Lex I've seen.
only rev0lvers word matters when it comes to Lex, he is so hollywood.

-Trait dashing is your best friend
-Keep in mind that wakeups ruin mine setups and you really need to play according to your opponent.
-Use Corps Charge sparingly, mainly to punish.
-Know some characters wakeups will hit you before you can trait cancel or setup after a hard knockdown.
-Make sure to practice hit confirming low starter.

DarkPage

Noob
Yeah, hit me up if you need any specific help. I'll be working on a sort of video guide with Pig of the Hut sometime soon.
Ahh kryptonite academy thing? Awesome
Hopefully a lot sooner than later they've seemed pretty in depth so far
Cool I wanna get the basics down before anything too advanced tho

DarkPage

Noob
only rev0lvers word matters when it comes to Lex, he is so hollywood.

-Trait dashing is your best friend
-Keep in mind that wakeups ruin mine setups and you really need to play according to your opponent.
-Use Corps Charge sparingly, mainly to punish.
-Know some characters wakeups will hit you before you can trait cancel or setup after a hard knockdown.
-Make sure to practice hit confirming low starter.
Do you mean even if you trait cancel like mid strings during a juggle?
Is it limited to only like a couple characters?
Yeah I kinda noticed that I needed to confirm the low, seems like a good enough time to react and confirm
So going for overheads is it best to just do the forward 2 then confirm into a corp charge ?

BDMao88

Filthy Casual
Do you mean even if you trait cancel like mid strings during a juggle?
Is it limited to only like a couple characters?
Yeah I kinda noticed that I needed to confirm the low, seems like a good enough time to react and confirm
So going for overheads is it best to just do the forward 2 then confirm into a corp charge ?
Yeah characters with a fast wakeup, off the top of my head flash is the biggest problem.

Either way overhead is highly punishable even if you end with charge or vac. Best thing to do is get them use to blocking low and go for the overhead when armored/overhead poke when armored to condition them and go for the low.

BDMao88

Filthy Casual
I don't know why my edit stays as a white box...but there are corner shenanigans you should check out, I don't use them because I like to keep it simple and do my own thing. Rev0lver made a thread about it.

ShadowBeatz

Dropper of Bass and Bombs
Jump-back-3 beats Superman's F23 at the start of the match. 6-4 Lex :coffee:

No no, seriously. Something to keep in mind? Lex has one of the best traits in the game. ABUSE it. Abuse it with no regard to moral standards. Most times, you'll trait up, start a combo, and by the time the combo is done it'll be good to go again. Adjust to the flow of the match and when you see an opportunity, trait and dash-cancel. Against most characters you can get a free trait-dash after a Corps Charge knockdown (I know you can't against Flash or Superman's super. Not too sure on what else).

Just avoid level 1.....

Jump-back-3 beats Superman's F23 at the start of the match. 6-4 Lex :coffee:

No no, seriously. Something to keep in mind? Lex has one of the best traits in the game. ABUSE it. Abuse it with no regard to moral standards. Most times, you'll trait up, start a combo, and by the time the combo is done it'll be good to go again. Just avoid level 1.....
Sometimes level 1 trait is the best option if you don't have time and want to stay at the distance you are already at....

...but OUCH for every time I get hit by an interactible with level 1 shields on..... :(

DarkPage

Noob
So is there any good setups for the unblockable missile like outside of a combo ? Is it worth it end a combo with it?

ShadowBeatz

Dropper of Bass and Bombs
So is there any good setups for the unblockable missile like outside of a combo ? Is it worth it end a combo with it?

Outside of a combo, you could just do the Ol' Reliable Probe-MB Orbital Strike, but anyone with a projectile's gonna blow that up. It actually comes out relatively quick compared to his other gadgets. Not too sure. Honestly I only use it to try to close out a match, or to get people dashing/jumping in at me so I can catch them with a combo or something. I need to experiment more with it. (Also, I think only the first missile is unblockable).

Ending a combo, it depends on your combo. If your opponent is in a knockdown state the missiles will whiff and you just blew a bar for nothing

whedgehead

My Lex Takes You to Paradise
Yeah characters with a fast wakeup, off the top of my head flash is the biggest problem.

Either way overhead is highly punishable even if you end with charge or vac. Best thing to do is get them use to blocking low and go for the overhead when armored/overhead poke when armored to condition them and go for the low.
And freakin Deathstroke sword flip, hate that crap >.<

Also make sure to check out the LexCorp Employee Initiation Handbook! It's a great write-up that we all got together and created, great place to learn all the fundamentals