What's new

Match-up Discussion So i had the chance of testing the "broken" Skarlet

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
During MLG Raleigh an Angolan player brought his PS3 to my home and we played some sets, i started to feel wheird because for some wheird reason i couldn't dash into U3.

After i lost 2 sets, i tried the Slide/Slash glitch, once it worked i realized that his MK9 was missing one patch, i imediatly interrupted the game and went to the practice mode just to ajust that glitch to my actual gameplay in a few mins.

to be honest, i preffer the actual skarlet, the old skarlet can't dash into U3 and this is definitely a huge difference with the last patch.

Though the slide/slash glitch wasn't 100% viable and was risky to throw on some combos or even using as como starter, and they were even fuzzy blockable, making them useless.

Major props to any skarlet player who used her before the last patch and was able to re-learn her, changing BnBs and all those broken stuff to the skarlet that is today.

But still lets face it, if the slide/slash glitch wouldn't get nerfed, she would be 10% more viable because slide/ up slash would be her most faster projectile punisher and vortex mixup out of 112 resets

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Who cares if you can't dash into U3 if you can just throw knives over and over again and win every time. Those knives were one of the most broken things in the game at the time lol.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Who cares if you can't dash into U3 if you can just throw knives over and over again and win every time. Those knives were one of the most broken things in the game at the time lol.
the last patch her dagger were already been patched, fuck PPD

M2Dave

Zoning Master
the last patch her dagger were already been patched, fuck PPD
Patch 1.04 had Skarlet's old dagger cancels. Patch 1.05, the current patch, toned down the dagger cancels by adding 10 frames of recovery.

This thread is dumb, by the way. Who gives a damn about u+3? Pre-patch dagger cancels are what arguably made Skarlet better than Kabal.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Patch 1.04 had Skarlet's old dagger cancels. Patch 1.05, the current patch, toned down the dagger cancels by adding 10 frames of recovery.

This thread is dumb, by the way. Who gives a damn about u+3? Pre-patch dagger cancels are what arguably made Skarlet better than Kabal.
maybe i didn't notice the PPD.
But i wasn't able to use it.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
maybe i didn't notice the PPD.
But i wasn't able to use it.
Old dagger cancels are easy to notice.

Pre-patch Skarlet was able to AA with a dagger 3/4ths of the screen away, follow up with four more daggers while dashing forward, and put the opponent into a reset with 1,1,2. That was crazy.