What's new

Question So does anyone else randomly lose meter when tryng to go for an EN move?

Rampage254

Ayy Lmao
When I'm being pressured, I try to go for a EN Rh or EN tele to escape it, but sometimes nothing comes out and I'm just stuck in a blocked state, but yet I still lose meter for it. Does this happen to anyone else?

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
When I'm being pressured, I try to go for a EN Rh or EN tele to escape it, but sometimes nothing comes out and I'm just stuck in a blocked state, but yet I still lose meter for it. Does this happen to anyone else?
Hey, what you're experiencing is known as the "meter drain glitch". It happens when you input an EX move on the frame that you're also blocking an incoming attack. For example, you can armor through some of Raiden's strings. Like 3 3 4 (the three kicks together). You can armor through the last kick with an armored EX move, but if you do it too late, you'll block the last kick AND lose your meter from the inputted EX move. It's all about timing.

Alice

Haaave you met Sektor?
Yeah, shit happens. I lose a lots of bar due to this.
I'm in the habit now not to ex if i'm not sure it will land clean.

Flagg

Noob
This happens with a lot of characters, especially if you're being rushed down by someone like Cage. Your character lights up, loses a bar and Cage carries on hitting you in the face.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
The meter drain glitch has already been explained by the above posters. This particular bug affects all characters, usually during an attempt to armor out of pressure or in-between attack strings. It's one of the dominant factors that impede this game's potential.

All I can advise is to study up thoroughly on the frame data and practice your instincts so you will immediately recognize the opportunity to armor out. Timing is key.

NkdSingularity

Truth and Ugly
try it. Either way, it shouldn't drain youre meter if the move dosent come out.
As far as I'm aware EN-specials can only have armour on the 2nd frame at the earliest, whereas X-rays have it on the 1st frame, it's why you can only X-ray out of Smokes 3,d1,2. So It may not be a glitch at all, we're just getting hit on the 1 vulnerable frame.

Great so another reason why I lose. So if NRS fixed this, the online lag, the input bug and I bought a new game pad to replace my broken one...I don't think I could ever lose!