What's new

So... About 3 Aftermath Skin Packs...

Demon_0

RIP Akira Toriyama
I genuinely don't understand these stupid skins, never will. Yeah, once a while a jokish skinpack is cute but who in the fuck ever thought "oh, I'd like to see Baraka in a cook's hat!" No one ever did.

Bring back classic skins. Each characters has dozens. Ffs.

Goofy Baraka skin doesn't bother me, Killer Croc skin is still there, the 2 KL skins are good and he's not lacking in good base skins
Sausage sash is a little much though.

I hope Kitana's outfit comes in White so I can pretend she's Ashrah instead.

Last edited:
So here a little surprise and interesting note, especially given NRS themselves tweeted and advertised with the white variation of Kitana's new skin yesterday: IT'S NOT IN THE GAME! Is it because of Ashrah and all the talk, controversy if you will, and since she wears white they decided not to add it? If so, why then still have it as part of your marketing?!!! WTF is going on?

So here a little surprise and interesting note, especially given NRS themselves tweeted and advertised with the white variation of Kitana's new skin yesterday: IT'S NOT IN THE GAME! Is it because of Ashrah and all the talk, controversy if you will, and since she wears white they decided not to add it? If so, why then still have it as part of your marketing?!!! WTF is going on?
Either they realized this would conflict with Ashrah (who they intend to put in the game) and they removed it, or they wanted us to think this and they’re trolling POS...

Either they realized this would conflict with Ashrah (who they intend to put in the game) and they removed it, or they wanted us to think this and they’re trolling POS...
I was wrong, the dress is actually quite amazing since it looks white / grey and blueish depending on lighting. Really well done!! Baraka is wearing flip flops, just an awesome pack. Even Erron Black has a decent skin in it and the gear that comes with it is dope. Only Baraka chef hat is lame, but it's all good.

Art Lean

Noob
I literally have no interest in any of the gear pieces or skins that we got for Baraka and Erron Black (I would have liked Baraka's skin a lot more if it hadn't have had the sausages; without the chef's headgear the skin apron and its hanging utensil accessories could have been disturbingly 'Texas Chainsaw Massacre' and horrific, but the ridiculous sausage sash ruins it for me and becomes pure novelty regardless of what they could theoretically made of), but my god I love Kitana's skin and its accompanying traditional war fan, looks especially fantastic with her unmasked and has become my new default for her.

It's glamorous, of beautifully Asian influence, shows off her figure (without being slutty so they don't upset anyone) still in-universe but most importantly of all, completely different to any of her other skins. It's the kind of varied skin we got in MKX, instead of the largely repetitive redundancy we've suffered so much with this game's skins.

Next to Kold War Skarlet (in teal-grey 'Blood Moon' variant with 'Apprentice of Shao Kahn' as the mask - which I like to pretend in my head-canon that Skarlet was sent to infiltrate the Soviet Union of Earthrealm prior to MK1 to feed off and grow stronger from the blood of irradiated Chernobyl victims), this is literally my favourite female skin in the game.

Not to mention, we finally we get to see those lovely legs of hers (holy shit, she's got feet too!)! Was that so difficult NRS? :cool:

Here's hoping Jade gets an truly unique in-universe skin in the Femme Fatale skin pack too (other than the classic ninja, the only truly different one she currently has is the witch, but that's too Halloween novelty to feel in-universe).

Last edited:

JJParker

Noob
i have MK Aftermath but don't have the new skins andi cant find anywhere to download them. does anyone else have this issue?

I've warmed up more to the Baraka chef costume. :D I went with the black apron, looked the best...
Same, the only thing that's underwhelming about his costume, but that's basically the issue with customisation is the colour combinations. All these odd shades of oranges, yellow, brown and red.

Art Lean

Noob
Couldn't care less about Texas Chainsaw Nosferatu and the Sundance Cassidy Kid... when you've give us an utterly beautiful Asian angel like this in the game, all other skins that came with it are meaningless.

Please give the designer of this skin a raise, a bonus and a company car. Pure stunning without being MK9/Conquest slutty. More of this NRS, PLEASE!!!!

Art Lean

Noob
I have seen posts about Kitana's legs exposed being part of the excitement of her skin. Are people really that shallow?
Not in my case, that's simply a nice attractive bonus feature to it, I'd have been happy with Ashrah style cloth trousers. As I said in my previous post:

"most importantly of all, completely different to any of her other skins. It's the kind of varied skin we got in MKX, instead of the largely repetitive redundancy we've suffered so much with this game's skins."

Literally everything else she has other than the classic ninja skin is a leather bodysuit with varying amounts of armour, how was that even fun for the designers?