What's new

SnK HappyPow Wins MKXL at Demolition Derby 3 in Munich!

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
It's 3 AM and I just returned home from my very first tournament. This was the Dreamolition Derby 3 tournament here in Munich, Germany, which saw 16 entrants for MKXL from various countries from Europe. We had players from France, Netherlands, Austria (the awesome Vienna scene,) and of course players from here representing Germany.

The matches were hype and the crowd got hype cheering for the players from their scenes. There were some really intense and close matches, and it all ended with SnK HappyPow taking it all with his very swaggy Nimble Reptile! The top 8 results are: (Country | Name)

1-) FRA | SnK @HappyPow (Nimble Reptile, Ancestral Kung Jin)
2-) AUT | VDV @st9rm (Honest Shirai Ryu Takeda, Hollywood Cassie Cage)
3-) FRA | Yuzu @ganondeurf (Thunder God Raiden)
4-) AUT | VDV @Udun (Impostor Shinnok, DF Goro)
5-) GER | @Braindead (SG Kotal Kahn, Bone Shaper Shinnok) <--- That's me (Yes I just tagged myself)
5-) AUT | VDV @TheLeoholic (Crystalline Tremor)
7-) GER | @Smascer (Tempest Kung Lao, Ronin Takeda)
7-) AUT | VDV Seraphan (Not sure, someone fill me in please)

Full brackets: http://arcadedreams.challonge.com/en/dd3_mkxl

Twitch archives: https://www.twitch.tv/fight_club_nrw/v/87173625 (starts around 2:24:30)

Shoutouts to @PrinnyTonic for running a great tournament. Venue was awesome and the tournament was ran really well.
Shoutouts to the guys from France traveling all the way to Munich and taking the tournament.
Shoutouts to Jynks.
Shoutouts to the hype Vienna scene and to drunk St9rm (he's the fucking best.)
Shoutouts to all the guys from here on TYM who tuned in to watch the tournament. Hope my commentary was decent, first time doing it all.

@Tim Static @CrimsonShadow front page please?

Attachments

Braindead

On a personal note, I was happy with my performance. In the last 9 months I have only played MKX for a couple of hours and that was against randoms in the beta last week and the rust was real. Went 2-2 and had tons of fun and it was beyond awesome meeting people I've known on TYM for a while but never met in person. This was a great way to get back in the game after PC has been revived.

Last edited:

st9rm

viennality.com
the tournament was awesome, huge congrats to happy pow in taking it ans shoutouts to everyone participating!

partying with the people afterwards was soo much fun as well, made me miss my sf v pools today haha

@Braindead do you have Whatsapp, so i can send you the pictures?

Braindead

the tournament was awesome, huge congrats to happy pow in taking it ans shoutouts to everyone participating!

partying with the people afterwards was soo much fun as well, made me miss my sf v pools today haha

@Braindead do you have Whatsapp, so i can send you the pictures?
I'll PM you my number

MK_Al

Noob
DD3 actually made me taking a break from my spain holiday to watch the stream :)
shoutouts to @HappyPow for your great performance! also shoutouts to all the VDV boiz; so sad that @Udun dropped his shit :( but anyways; good performance! goro was hype as f*** as always

Congratulations to HappyPow! I told you man :)
Also nice performance on Ganondeurf´s end, you actually had it ... ^^
Thanks man, "the only difference between a winner and a loser is luck" in this level :D Or so I've heard in a gundam anime :x

Next time, all I need is just win :p But well, I had the good side of not having a freaking pool xD (#hatepoolsystems)

The tournament was really great. Had a lot of fun over there. Also looking the stream was like a cinema. Great seats.
I enjoyed the commentating, "frensian" or so I've read on the comments ^^

Udun

Noob
Awesome location, awesome tournament, awesome people :D

shoutouts to @HappyPow for the reality check <3 - Awesome Reptile :D and big thx to the yuzu guys for coming and the great support! @ganondeurf @flashNo47 - also for partying afterwards :D
special shoutouts to the TO's and the people doing the commentary @Braindead @st9rm @ganondeurf (hope i didn't forget any1)
AND propably the most important man of the evening @Smascer Thanks for showing up and for getting us to the tournament. Without this awesome guy we would have missed it!! (flat tire :( )

Thanks so much everyone! Big up to my FR mates ! Like Udun , awesome location and nice guys! Thanks to my mentor St9rm who made me hype with TK once again. I have to work hard again! A very nice meeting with @Udun and Mephisto ! Great guys, lot of giggles aftermath. I'll be back for DD4. @Braindead what is your PSN id bro! @st9rm you are crazy bro, i like it, WHAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!

Braindead

Thanks so much everyone! Big up to my FR mates ! Like Udun , awesome location and nice guys! Thanks to my mentor St9rm who made me hype with TK once again. I have to work hard again! A very nice meeting with @Udun and Mephisto ! Great guys, lot of giggles aftermath. I'll be back for DD4. @Braindead what is your PSN id bro! @st9rm you are crazy bro, i like it, WHAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!
WWWWWWHHHHAAAAAAAATTTTTTTT!

Dude I play only on PC I don't have a PS4

Braindead

wat,

braindead is like the bannerman of the pc community
no one held that flag high as he did before falling into madness and perdition
And now NRS have blessed us with some sedatives and anti-depressants and normal service will be resumed next month.