What's new

General/Other Snake-Oil Smoke Bombs: What I Would Trade the Reset for and Why

Enenra

Go to hell.
Low hitbox or REAL projectile would be bomb.

Give him a smoke clone, lol. I'd take that over a reset too.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
i wish cage had b2, 3 trolol, nd a low combo starter? omg that would be OP, i like smokes reset, and looking at all the things he lacks, he needs his reset imo

xSMoKEx

Coward Character User
If resets are removed i'd take either (or both :p )

• A low+long D4 (like Sonya, Mil, Reptile, Baraka)
• A 7 frame uppercut

But let's be real, the resets probably won't be removed and if they are we won't get a compensation buff :'(

HD Smoke

Noob
smoke should just get armor on ex bomb or real %10 percent unscaled damage if resets are removed. He needs it. id like 1,1 to link into smoke bomb that would make the string useful. or maybe the 7 frame uppercut would be cool like rm smoke said

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
The real intention of this thread is to justify Smoke's resets and replace them with other tools if they ever get removed.

Nice try, KT Smith.
Sad that there aren't going to be any more changes... How is Smoke supposed to become god-tier without boofs :(

Wildabeast

The Bat in the Hat
well, sub-zero got over nerfed. I always supported him keeping his EX ground freeze reset.
I dont think he should have kept it necessarily, but I wish they had maybe turned it into a regular combo instead of removing it completely. They should have fixed the reset the way they fixed the original B2 reset, just make it so if they dont block they dont get frozen. That way we could still link an EX Ground Freeze off of 2,1,2 freeze and then go into stuff like B1,2,1 or b2 mix ups in the corner.

xSMoKEx

Coward Character User
how does that make any difference
He wants the Ex Ground Freeze to link, rather than reset. That way Sub still has a solid damage ouput, but since the whole combo is being damage scaled and not "reset" it will still only be 40-45%.

Think of it like our reset, if it linked rather than actually resetting damage scaling it would barely break 50% if even that much.

It would also allow for his B2 Mix-Ups after a combo with decent damage, rather than just a cheesy B12~Freeze.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
He wants the Ex Ground Freeze to link, rather than reset. That way Sub still has a solid damage ouput, but since the whole combo is being damage scaled and not "reset" it will still only be 40-45%.

Think of it like our reset, if it linked rather than actually resetting damage scaling it would barely break 50% if even that much.

It would also allow for his B2 Mix-Ups after a combo with decent damage, rather than just a cheesy B12~Freeze.
I know what I think he meant, but I wanted to get confirmation from him before presenting the following:

saying that the whole thing should be one combo is effectively saying "lower this combo's damage output by 5-10%, but leave in the ability to mix them up after big damage".

Doesn't sound like much of a nerf to me; why make the fuss about it in the first place? Hence my position, leave 1.03 subz alone.

Wildabeast

The Bat in the Hat
I know what I think he meant, but I wanted to get confirmation from him before presenting the following:

saying that the whole thing should be one combo is effectively saying "lower this combo's damage output by 5-10%, but leave in the ability to mix them up after big damage".

Doesn't sound like much of a nerf to me; why make the fuss about it in the first place? Hence my position, leave 1.03 subz alone.
Thats basically what I meant, but Im only saying that because realistically speaking theres no way they would have left it in the way it was. This would have atleast insured Sub could get a little more than a measly 29% combo off of 2,1,2 freeze. Believe me they should have left Sub Zero alone a long time ago. If he still had his vanilla damage output intact Id say fuck it take the damn reset.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
What I would trade Quan Chi's Rune Trap for:

- Safe on block Skydrop
- Full screen sweep
- B3 1+2 Low Hat with advantage on block
- 1 frame Skeletal Boost
- Unblockable Trance

:)

swag1

EX smash solves all
What I would trade Quan Chi's Rune Trap for:

- Safe on block Skydrop
- Full screen sweep
- B3 1+2 Low Hat with advantage on block
- 1 frame Skeletal Boost
- Unblockable Trance

:)
Remember the broken-ass days when you got a guaranteed boost from a trance.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Remember the broken-ass days when you got a guaranteed boost from a trance.
You know what? I actually don't. I didn't join the community until the summer. I was just a guy playing around with the game for a few months with friends. I was playing Quan without the Rune trap cause I didn't even know about it. So I didn't actually experience a lot of the broken shit that most people say.

swag1

EX smash solves all
I would trade all OTG smoke bomb properties, (guaranteed after air throw, reset, etc.) for +2 on block on 3, d1 2.