What's new

Tech - Hunter Snag corner glitch .

Hello all. This is my first tech thread. I've been following the NRS scene for a while, but there is no local scene in my area and have only had the Internet to teach me. So apologeies in advance for any term misusage.

Anyway lets get into it...

In the corner Hunter-predator has a glitch where his snag (trap/mine/whatever I just like that word) will come out and be in play even after predator is hit.

The way to do this is by having a smart disk in the air while your oppenent is knocked down. And then setting the snag as soon as your oppenent does a wake up attack.

This works on EX wake ups and some throws as well.

The best meter less set up I've found is as follows...

JUMP2, WHIFFED SMART DISK, SNAG. or JUMP2 122, WSD, SNAG.
(This works on a oppenent who is in snag state as well)
(Keep in mind my AI settings were roll mode on, and wake up attack)

A mutiple hitting attack will dissolve the snag. But EX-snag usually beats out any problem moves.
This glitch pretty much gives snag, and EX-snag a hit of armor...I'll be it some delayed, funky armor, but armor none the less.

Some moves have weird hit-boxes and either get the oppenent out of the corner or avoid the snag.

I have been in the lab a bit with this, but again I'm no TYM lab savage so I'm giving this info to the trusted community to grind and polish.

Sorry for the quality of the video.

Much love guys. ✌

Last edited:

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
If I am reading this correctly, it sounds like this is just a situation where the trap does not go away on hit unless it is already set. if it is still in the air when predator is hit, it will still set. This would explain why a multi hit move will cause it to go away, it is set by the time the second attack connects. Predator players use this to trade with projectiles sometimes and we also see @SonicFox5000 use it when cornering @HoneyBee's D'vorah (I think it happened last night once when bee used a d1, and it sometimes happens when D'vorah uses her wake up but the disc stops her after one hit). Maybe I am misunderstanding, hopefully we can figure it out with some footage.

If I am reading this correctly, it sounds like this is just a situation where the trap does not go away on hit unless it is already set. if it is still in the air when predator is hit, it will still set. This would explain why a multi hit move will cause it to go away, it is set by the time the second attack connects. Predator players use this to trade with projectiles sometimes and we also see @SonicFox5000 use it when cornering @HoneyBee's D'vorah (I think it happened last night once when bee used a d1, and it sometimes happens when D'vorah uses her wake up but the disc stops her after one hit). Maybe I am misunderstanding, hopefully we can figure it out with some footage.
I will get some footage as soon as I can. I wasn't aware of this.

Also, Sonicfox plays predator!!?

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Yeah I've had this happen mostly when I'm grabbed. I guess since a grab isn't always "hitting" but only at certain parts. Pretty funny when it captures opponents and I roll away from the grab.

I've got some footage but I'm not sure how to upload video, I'm only seeing the options where you can post a link lol

Again, sorry for the quality of the video lol. After further testing it seems that the snag will come out on hit without the disk. But it is 100% with the disc, and I could only get it out maybe 50% (it might just be excecution error on my part) and EX snag does it 100% with or without.