What's new

Match-up Discussion Smurrgasm, twin brother of AK Smarrgasm matchup chart

he doesn't have an account on here so he asked me to post these, also he kind of chokey chokey in winners plus losers finals and realizes some of his mistakes

black adam gets outzoned by some(sinestro, superman,... but hes arguably the best zoner in the game do too his escapability... his damage... and his trait being... his zoning is too good for his counterzoning(credit anti-static) and hes the safest character in the game. his trait enables him to have a very strong up close game along with huge damage grabs... his corner game is awesome because of his frame advantage... and im starting to realize his frame advantage (back 1 is plus 4 and leads to a free 22) and staggerability allow him to setup his opponents for punishes and whiff punishes... and create long pressure strings which help him rebuild his trait and he doesnt massive chip with ex lightning... Lets stop downplaying... he has almost no weaknesses

Lex Luthor 7-3 (lex is too slow, ex lightning and lightning destroy this char...he cant catch black adam or get anything started, hes easy to ex black magik on his jumps for big damage and to avoid this he has to put him self at risk for 56 percent punishes... hes too reliantly on elbow dash.... lex needs buffs (not too many or hell get broke)... im being giving when i call this 7-3)

Grundy 6.5-3.5 (this character should rarely touch you, he has few options... its very risky for him to swamp hands in this fight... his aa is viable and his damage is nuts and hes great up close... but you can turdle him really good.. it helps black adam has a good mixup game)

Bane 8-2 (bane is screwed in this fight... i have ex lightning to blow up and i can jump over him any where on screen and punish with a full combo with either or string or ex black magik....my trait fucks him over because he has to take damage to rush me down and it deals with armor... this fight is almost as bad as batman or frost for him)

Joker 7-3 (too slow and gets zoned out... jumps are good but they are his only option so they are easy to predict, mixup game isnt good enough... my wakeup game is too good)

Shazam 6-4 (need more experience... probably 7-3)

Sinestro 6-4 (my counterzoner and zoning make this fight almost even in the zoning game... im better in every other way... jump back insant air thing is a bitch... this could be worst than 6-4 but wombcowboy is too good)

Flash 6-4 (run away, run away if you want to survive.... flashes buffs are annoying its easier for him to get in... i outfootsie him and outzone him and am too good at running away)

Arrow 6.5-3.5 (jump 3 is a bitch... but i outzone him really well and have serious damage and footsie advantage if i do a good job reading jumps)

Harley 7-3 (harley has a devastating mixup game that she cant use in this fight because she cant touch me)

Lobo 6-4 (havent really played this but i can easily see it being super hard for lobo)

Ares 7-3 (i outzone him his teleport is garbage...i get a full combo on reaction to his trait at the highest level hes a gimmick character and he has to rely on ex god smacks when can be punished... not easy to play but down the road this slow and limited mobility character will get anal raped by black adam... i have a 10 frame no side specific punisher)

Deathstroke 6.5-.3.5 (one of my most familiar matchup deathstroke doesnt do enough chip if you are patient and rarely use projectiles he doesnt get anywhere, hes putting himself at serious risk in the zoning game... i out footsie him and out punish him... he has to resort to a lot of jump back 3s.... my trait enables me to do enough damage up close in the mixup slash grab game to sustainably pick my ass the whole fight)

Hawkgirl 5-5???? (questioon marks??? i think hawkgirl is a secret top tier)

Nightwing 6-4 (this matchup is very stage dependent... once he gets on you its hard to deal with... he has to put himself at risk by using flying graysons a lot... he has too use staff alot ... its also hard for him deal with interactables and you air superiority... and its risky for him to keep zoning... but that corner game)

Aquaman 5.5-4.5 (life lead dependent... u slightly outzone him because of the threat of divekick... if hes coming too you its hard for him because of your amazing mobility and whiff punishment... hes a better mixup char... if the player his jumping too try to punish your zoning moves... just react and chip him with lightning... its a war of attrition... your trait cancel combos get blown up by his trait... this fight is pretty even)

Frost 5-5 ( she gets outzoned...but has good counter-zoning options if its in anyones favor its black adams... shes got an amazing mixup game.. her air priority and normals are not great she can be air to aired easily... her slide can be jumped over and dive kicked... but if blocked your options are relatively poopoo compared to hers considering shes negative and you have no viable lows... havent played someone like 16 bit so cant provide a true onpoint input)

Batman 5-5 (batman has short limbs and footsie tools compared to black adam... especially considering he has to get in..... he has to use his trait to get in reliable along with a mix of jump 2... back dash is hard to deal with without trait... back 3 is an amazing option that works against most characters... if you block him well he can get war of attrition and kept away and widdled down with zoning and trait defense and interactable usage... you have to make reads and jump 1 on occasion.... most batmans i feel at advantage... but i feel batmans mixup game is better than most people are showing... having played daddy dab.. his clever use of zoning and mixups and trait setups has convinced me to never decalre this in black adams favor...knowing my own work in progress batman his mixups are there and strong. batman really cant waste his trait... its a tough fight but at the tip top ceiling this could sway in bruce's favor... as for now i feel at an advantage.)

Superman 4.5-5.5 (you have better up close games... he outzones you...i dont see enough supermans cleverly zoning and utilizing air dash as baiting tool for jumps and punishing with laser... because superman outzones you it enables his superior footsies game even more... outside of the corner supermans up close game is actually not in his favor... you can 6 frame jab him or poke him or ex back 3... if you backdash he can dash up... but its not a punish... if you read his dash you can actually punish him... its the corner where he is an issue... not enough supermans use simple mixups like f2 trait grab or 22 trait grab or 22 trait back 1... or f23 trait f23 or simple use of f21... the mixup between low grab and overheads is risky for him... its his spacing advantage which gives him the advantage... and hes got some dirty knockdown setups)

Doomsday 7-3 (doomsday doesnt have much going in this fight... you can shutdown his trait with meter on reaction with black magiks and ex lighting... his knockdown pressure is amazing but you have push block and a great wakeup game... as people get better at blocking he becomes worst and worst... you have great punishment and hes too meter dependent to get in and you can just run away from his ass... and turtle him out with trait... your runaway suffocates him and on certain stages the corner isnt as bad of a place... especially if you can tech grabs and block that overhead low (which i have done numerous times before... it feels 6-4 but down the road it might get worst)

Catwoman 5-5 ( its hard for her to catch you... but she is lethal... i havent fought a top catwoman... but she smells stop tier... her catch dash is absurd... i gotta punish with back12 and the armored version is a threat to your zoning... your trait is once again a great turtling tool... i gotta start using db2 as a defense tool.... catwoman'lll blow that up though)

Raven 5.5-4.5 (ive run this a lot... the wakeup games are a big difference... block a lot in this fight and know when and how to jump around her stuff... when shes in demon mode... weather the storm and block... its okay to try and cheat on her with a black magik on occasion but if she reads it your punished... uppercut ground teles and run away from air ones... when shes not in demon mode full screen)

Green Lantern 5-5 (lame him out... at fullscreen you can zone him... at midscreen if you read an air projectile dash under and punish... block block block... its even stevens guys another lame fight for adam... one thing to be prepared for is the turbine as a quick get in... dont shit your pants if you know its gonna whiff.. whiff punish it... be careful jumping but you can do it.. watch out for that overhead and wakeup out of the dumbass trendy shit jailhouse started)

Wonder Woman 4.5-5.5 (need to fight foxy... started saying this bitch was cray in the demo... her air headbutt is a pain... her corner game is stupid... her air dash is a pain... dont see in being in big adams favor... probably not a good one.... lets not overblow its you still have zoning advantage and trait though and your still the beez knees)

Cyborg ???? something tells me down the roard this could be a tough one... no idea

batgirl (if its in anyones favor its black adams... she cant zone you... she can counter your zoning.. you outfootsie her and have great punishment... she has a good little mixup game... buts your elbow is like twice her size...

scorpion: 4-6( this characters mixup game is ludicrous imo because of his teleport... overitme it will become easier to deal with (doomsday syndrome) he cant zone you you can barely zone him... if this is gonna be 5-5 you better punish his air moves and block like a champ... we'll see)

LEGEND

YES!
Fairly confident Black Adam beats Superman. Superman's pressure isn't very effect and neither is his zoning, for that matter is there any aspect of this match that Superman has the Advantage?

BA has Better Footsies
Zoning? doesn't really matter, BA does get more damage off of a read when trying to counter zoning thats for sure
Damage, outside the corner BA definitely wins there
Pressure, About even maybe. Definitely not in superman's favor
Mobility. again i'd say even or in BA's favor

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Fairly confident Black Adam beats Superman. Superman's pressure isn't very effect and neither is his zoning, for that matter is there any aspect of this match that Superman has the Advantage?

BA has Better Footsies
Zoning? doesn't really matter, BA does get more damage off of a read when trying to counter zoning thats for sure
ive been saying this for some time.

1 air laser or air dash wrong and BA gets 40%

ba can interrupt f23 for full combo, can jump, can backdash, f23 is NO pressure against BA and he actually outdamages superman.

IMO

DD 6 4
Grundy 7 3
Flash 7 3
Shaz 7 3
WW 4 6
Cat 6 4
GL 4 6

BA has Better Footsies

good points... black adam doesnt have better footsies in my opinion... f2 is 8 frames to black adams f15 frame normal... in terms of best footsies tool both have good range... black adams back dash helps but disagree especially since supes has the zoning advantage

zoning does matter in the sense that it gives him a spacing advantage.

I'm pretty confused by those superman "mix ups" they sound terrible but then again they did mix up my brain
what i meant by them is no supermans mixup their game at all... maybe 22 trait into back 1 is shitty... but f2 trait into grab is worth it..

point is supermans dont mix things up much... i think f2db1ex is good.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
sorry didnt really proofread or think about it ... don't care about appearing intellectual on a video game forum... sorry i wasn't aware the grammer popo was giving out tickets... nice nitpicking though...

Not just any video game forum... A fighting game forum..

Where we actively nitpick everything, from characters, to frames, to this....

I believe frost and catwoman are 6-4s now

frost is definetly 6-4... its so easy to run away from her...

this leaves my matchup chart with almost all winning matchups