What's new

Tech - Smoke Smokey throw down

boba_buster

Noob saibot
Smokes has a lot of opportunities to throw his opponents. Figured it would be worth it to put a little list together on when are good times to throw your opponent. And everyone could list the situations that they like as well. Some of these are tick throws , some are just gimmicky situations that seem to work well :)

For starters is the 111 string , on block you can stagger and throw at any point in the string. You could 113 to mix it up a little more being it is +2 it's not safe but worth throwing out there.
F214 is +2 on block and works well
D1 on hit allows you to throw right away , I like doing that after a f214 since its +2 and ppl always seem to go for a fast high after the f214
D3 on hit or block goes into throw without delay , d3 is -3 on block so you can easily be hit outta it.
F1 if done up close works great
S2 and 21 both work
And s3 is +2 as well
B3d4 is +2 on hit and works well
F43 is +2 on block and works well
I dunno I have pretty good luck with throw when I'm +2 what do you guys think? Anyone got some throw dirt?

Last edited:

boba_buster

Noob saibot
Yea I really think throw will have to be a huge part of his game plan to make him viable, most of my vortex starters come off of aa's. Btw run f21spear is godlike when ever u tag them while they are in the air. Some how I have been d1ing ppl outta crossups and going into f21 spear , it's pretty crazy

Matix218

Get over here!
Yea I really think throw will have to be a huge part of his game plan to make him viable, most of my vortex starters come off of aa's. Btw run f21spear is godlike when ever u tag them while they are in the air. Some how I have been d1ing ppl outta crossups and going into f21 spear , it's pretty crazy
What are you using as your main anti air for a strait jip (not a crossover)? Stand 1, or stand 4?

boba_buster

Noob saibot
Anytime you go for the b1exsmokebomb for vortex if they block just throw :) adds 12% to whatever damage you have befor they stopped ur vortex

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
Hard to test with the gap but if I whiff the 11 it seems very slightly plus so it should still be the same , I have AI set to always block and movement on jump
Not really hard. Record Smoke doing 114~phase, f4. Then pick someone with a 6 frame d1. If you did Smoke's f4 perfectly, it should trade with a 6 frame d1.

boba_buster

Noob saibot
f214 is a high tho, if they neutral duck it youll whiff and be punished
Same thing with f43 but the thing is if they start neutral ducking you can use different strings to make them respect it , f21xxsmokeclound or 3
Or f4d1
They will not neutral duck once they know u have those options unless they make a hard hard read

Matix218

Get over here!
if you do the ji2 ender to start the vortex, you are pretty much guaranteed a throw. Everyone is looking to block a mixup or pressure after that and most people will be holding block so you will get a lot of throws. But the joke is on them, our vortex loop only does around 20% but that free throw does 12%, over half of the vortex combo lol. All jokes aside, Smoke will definitely prove to be a very throw heavy character IMO. I also play Scorpion so I am used to characters in this game that throw a LOT lol

boba_buster

Noob saibot
Just to throw this out there , if your opponent knows he can armor backdash or just jump out of your 21 vortex ender , start using f13 , it jails. And if they manage to block it hitconfirm into throw. Works like a charm ;)