What's new

Question Smoke's Shake.

I just saw a video of a tournement where smoke was used, and he did his shake against the projectile of Kano and he punished it with dropping out of the sky, i know it is a kind of parry, but does that work for Sub-Zero iceball too or all projectiles?
Please reply.

Hey,
Yes it works for ALL projectiles, excluding EX Iceball, Kung Lao' Hat throw, and a few more that don't come to mind.
If Smoke is hit with any kind of projectile(from reptiles balls, to johnny cages balls, to sub's balls), he will punish with an overhead on the opponent.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
It works for most projectiles. It loses to certain EX ones. EX shake works for most projectiles and most non-poke physical attacks. There's a thread that lists exactly what it works for.

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

EDIT: Nvm, it does work on all projectiles. I was confusing it with ex shake and certain specials. It's been a long day

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I just saw a video of a tournement where smoke was used, and he did his shake against the projectile of Kano and he punished it with dropping out of the sky, i know it is a kind of parry, but does that work for Sub-Zero iceball too or all projectiles?
Please reply.
According to shoryuken.com it should parry all projectiles, but I'm not 100% sure if that's really the case. I know it doesn't work against Kano's Straight Ball attack. I would check it against attacks that can't be reflected by Nightwolf and Kenshi like Noob's Charge projectile.

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
According to shoryuken.com it should parry all projectiles, but I'm not 100% sure if that's really the case. I know it doesn't work against Kano's Straight Ball attack. I would check it against attacks that can't be reflected by Nightwolf and Kenshi like Noob's Charge projectile.
Kano ball isnt a projectile I thought. Its... kano.

And it works against noobs clones and nightwolf arrow. Also works against ground skulls from shang. But they are harder to predict and react to.

What I am not sure of is whether x-rays stop it. I would think not. I think I was playing as Kano once and a smoke ex shaked and my Kano x-ray got him while shaking, so I would -think Kitana, Sektor and Kenshis projectile x-ray launchers would go through it.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Kano ball isnt a projectile I thought. Its... kano.

And it works against noobs clones and nightwolf arrow. Also works against ground skulls from shang. But they are harder to predict and react to.

What I am not sure of is whether x-rays stop it. I would think not. I think I was playing as Kano once and a smoke ex shaked and my Kano x-ray got him while shaking, so I would -think Kitana, Sektor and Kenshis projectile x-ray launchers would go through it.
That's a really good point to bring up! Definitely worth testing out.

fleshmasher

i got the poison
all projectiles

ex version all attacks that are not low (and none specials like spin from kung lau)
Enhanced Shake (Aka Vibration) actually works against Kung Lao's spin.

It's abilities seem pretty random.
Against some characters it beats all, even non projectile specials, some need to enhance specials to beat enhanced Shake etc.
Although enhanced Shake works consistent, there is no real rule of thumb to which specials it applies, so i strongly advise you to study this awesome list of moves that beat enhanced Shake that Finaeous made:

http://testyourmight.com/forum/showthread.php?8104-Moves-that-beat-Enhanced-Shake

It's really helpful!!!

By the way i don't think it beats all projectiles for exaple it doesn't work against Smoke's own Smoke Bomb.
And enhance shadows from Noob beat it too.

And yes it is beast, makes people loath using fireballs against you.
And enhanced Shake snuffs out all jump in punches and jump kicks.

hardwire

Noob
Enhanced Shake (Aka Vibration) actually works against Kung Lao's spin.

It's abilities seem pretty random.
Against some characters it beats all, even non projectile specials, some need to enhance specials to beat enhanced Shake etc.
Although enhanced Shake works consistent, there is no real rule of thumb to which specials it applies, so i strongly advise you to study this awesome list of moves that beat enhanced Shake that Finaeous made:

http://testyourmight.com/forum/showthread.php?8104-Moves-that-beat-Enhanced-Shake

It's really helpful!!!

By the way i don't think it beats all projectiles for exaple it doesn't work against Smoke's own Smoke Bomb.
And enhance shadows from Noob beat it too.

And yes it is beast, makes people loath using fireballs against you.
And enhanced Shake snuffs out all jump in punches and jump kicks.
i have never had ex shake beat kung laus sping

when do you do it cuse that would make it so much eazer to make kung lau think twice about doing a wake up

also you are right about the smoke ball because smoke ball is not a projectile n the sence we are talking.

Juro

Noob
I also found out the hard way that Shake counters Kabal's dash, no idea about EX Dash though.

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
Yes it parries all projectiles, even kitana's, kenshi's, and sector's x-ray attacks. Shake is one of the best moves in the game.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
EX shake works against non-poke "physical attacks" be they specials or normals. As such, there are certain normals that will beat EX shake. For example, Sektor has moves where he blasts you with fire out of his hands. These will beat EX shake.

Shake is almost as stupid as Kung Lao's spin. Maybe they should let you be able to juggle into full combos out of it.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
give regular shake the properties of EX shake, and give EX shake the properties of JC's xray.

fleshmasher

i got the poison
i have never had ex shake beat kung laus sping

when do you do it cuse that would make it so much eazer to make kung lau think twice about doing a wake up
Enhanced Shake beats it everytime, you just have to be close enough.
For example after a sweep, dash a bit then :en Shake.

As for Kabal i think :en Shake beats every single special he has, including enhanced specials.