What's new

Smoke's reset fixed in the Vita version of MK9!

exyle

Noob
Ok I'm no coder, but why can't the same thing that stops a second bomb from coming out be applied to a second net in a combo?
I'm sure it could be applied but NRS probably doesn't want to nerf characters outside top 5.
(But they nerfed Smoke for some reason, so I don't know.)

Bottom line: he needs it.

HD Smoke

Noob
Cyrax probably needs it. Smoke sure as fuck never did though.
Smoke needs the reset man just so people hate him more lol....i hope in MK10 he has something else that dirty just so people yell FUCK SMOKE. Syke reset isnt a big deal like we all thought though but neither Smoke or Cyrax should have the reset in MK10

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
They don't know how to fix Cyrax, lol.
Fixing Cyrax is actually really simple, and they should have done this a long time ago. Don't let Cyrax be able to do 2 nets in one combo. There, now it is impossible to do a reset with him.

What bothers me tho even worse than his resets is his command grab. If I had to choose I'd rather them remove command grab from Cyrax's moves list and keep his resets

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
Fixing Cyrax is actually really simple, and they should have done this a long time ago. Don't let Cyrax be able to do 2 nets in one combo. There, now it is impossible to do a reset with him.

What bothers me tho even worse than his resets is his command grab. If I had to choose I'd rather them remove command grab from Cyrax's moves list and keep his resets
no, removing the second net would take away his ACTUAL resets. crippling him pretty badly.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
no, removing the second net would take away his ACTUAL resets. crippling him pretty badly.
I mean he can just end combos with a medium bomb or buzzsaw or something to keep pressure, he doesn't really need the double net thing. That just seems like the easiest way to prevent him from getting 70% 1 bar combos

PND_Mustard

Premium Supporter
I mean he can just end combos with a medium bomb or buzzsaw or something to keep pressure, he doesn't really need the double net thing. That just seems like the easiest way to prevent him from getting 70% 1 bar combos
not the same at all, the double net he actually DOES need, taking away cyrax's ability to do that WILL cripple him more than people think right now, mark my words.

Flagg

Noob
Yeah lets talk about MK 10 when this game is barely a year old and when MK 10 is released lets all talk about MK 11 a year later.

Some of you have little to zero attention spans. I would rather NRS focussed on THIS GAME. Whether that is future hotpatches, DLC or UMK 9.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Why the fuck didn't they just turn the net into an entirely airborne state until the very end of the second net stagger?

That solves the entire problem simply by forcing everything to be counted as a juggle. It's not that damn difficult.

PND_Mustard

Premium Supporter
Why the fuck didn't they just turn the net into an entirely airborne state until the very end of the second net stagger?

That solves the entire problem simply by forcing everything to be counted as a juggle. It's not that damn difficult.
your suggestions for nerfs/buffs/fixes always seem very sensible.

THTB

your suggestions for nerfs/buffs/fixes always seem very sensible.
Lol thanks. Pretty much it seems like the most logical way to fix it. Making it so that the bomb simply doesn't hit is a really difficult thing to do because it's not really a downed state. It would require a lot more extra coding to work. My suggestion simply inserts airborne frames there.

The main drawback I can see to this is Cyrax getting more damage on non-reset BnBs, but I doubt it'd be that much more.

I don't have an issue with the reset being there, but if you wanna fix it, tbh that's probably the best way to go about it without directly nerfing Cyrax's other tools as a whole. From what I've heard, the removal of the reset was originally there by way of removing the second net. Possible that they realized the other downside with this.

saying the smoke reset is hard to do is stupid. yeah its hard to rob a bank without getting caught, so should they make it legal? NO

THTB

saying the smoke reset is hard to do is stupid. yeah its hard to rob a bank without getting caught, so should they make it legal? NO
It's not really hard. Hard is consistently performing EWGF as a whiff punish with the Mishimas in Tekken, or KOF combos lol.

Hitoshura

Head Cage

Mortal Kombat

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
not the same at all, the double net he actually DOES need, taking away cyrax's ability to do that WILL cripple him more than people think right now, mark my words.
Agreed. It'd be like if Sonya couldn't reset with 112 or Kabal with F4, etc.
There are plenty of non-filthy uses for the 2'nd Net.
The problem has always been (and at this rate, will always be) the re-launching properties of the Bombs.

Why can't it just be as simple as if you get bounced off the 2'nd regular Bomb, you flatten out instead of launch?
Granted, that'd fuck up my favorite Cyblax combo (JIP 21 EX Bomb, Mid, 12 Close, BJK+Telepoof, B2, optional 2'nd EX Bomb, Uppercut), but I could live without it.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I've said it a million times

cyrax
EX BOMBS pop up
Regular bombs do not

Problem solved

As for smoke? Please NRS give Mileena an 80% reset combo w her AA roll or roll in general and then I'll be cool w it

Her 80% roll combo should be fine seeing how it's so easy to dodge smoke bombs and all

King Checkmate

uɐlop sı ʎllɐnʇɔɐ
If we keep the unscaled 10% of EX SB I'm happy.1 Bar 52% combos its fine by me.

Then again if Cyrax has reset why not Zoidberg?

I mean why not Smoke?