What's new

Guide Smokes most damaging combos from each launcher using 1 bar!

TONY-T

Mad scientist
This should be atleast 98% accurate, but if anyone knows of others that do more damage then what ive listed, then please feel free to correct me.

If a combo that ends in jk~airthrow~OTG bomb, does the same damage as f+4~OTG bomb, then im only going to list the f+4~OTG bomb combo, as its the better combo ender imo.

Ok, so these are what ive found to be smokes most damaging from each launcher, using only 1 bar , no resets and at "midscreen" only.

Combo starter: u/f+2 or u/f+1 or jip

jip, 3d12, njp, 3,2, 4~sb, 3,2, f+4~EXsb.... 54%

Combo starter: u/f+3 or u/f+4 or jik

jik, sb, 3,2, 3d12, f+4~EXsb.... 47%

Combo starter: smoke bomb or sb

sb, njp, 3,2, 3d12, f+4~EXsb.... 43%

Combo starter: Enhanced smoke bomb or EXsb

EXsb, njp, 3,2, 3d12, f+4.... 37%

Combo starter: b+1

b+1~sb, njp, 3,2, 3d12, f+4~EXsb.... 46%

Combo starter: b+2

b+2~sb, njp, 3,2, 3d12, f+4~EXsb.... 46%

Combo starter: 2,1~sb

2,1~sb, njp, 3,2, 3d12, f+4~EXsb..... 46%

Combo starter: 3d1~sb

3d1~sb, njp, 3,2, 3d12, f+4~EXsb..... 48%

Combo starter: 3,2

3,2, 3d12, 4~sb, 3,2, f+4~EXsb.... 46%

Combo starter: 3d12

3d12, njp, 3,2, 4~sb, 3,2, f+4~EXsb.... 51%

Combo starter: u+2 or u+1 or njp

njp, 3,2, 4~sb, 3d12, jk~airthrow, EXsb.... 43%

I think thats about it. If you take away the OTG bomb at the end of each combo, your left with basically his most powerful combos from each launcher using no meter.

He has heaps of variants that do the same damage, but usually they are the ones that end in jk airthrow. Its better to end his juggles with f+4 EXsb as its more reliable and sets up for the reset.

His 2 bar juggles is where it starts to get a bit different, but in all honesty there not needed, smoke does more then enough damage from 1 bar and you should never use more then 1 bar in a combo unless its the final round of a match..

kandehbar

The Gryphon
Tony-T you've done it again. I really wish you were close to a place that had a high level scene man I would love to see your skills in high lvl action.

Hows the sektor vid going. My friend plays sektor and hes really looking forward for your vid

TONY-T

Mad scientist
Tony-T you've done it again. I really wish you were close to a place that had a high level scene man I would love to see your skills in high lvl action.

Hows the sektor vid going. My friend plays sektor and hes really looking forward for your vid
Ive had to put all my MK vids on hold man. I need a break, so im off to thailand in november. I wont be making any more combo vids till i get back. They really take alot out of me.

I have a friend who ive taught to play raiden, he comes over atleast once a week. I guess i could record some matches with him,(if enough people are interested to see) but im honestly not that good with smoke. Ive only been playing him for about a month and while i know his combos well, im still not 100% sure on how i should play his mixup / mind game. I need more experience against other characters, but at the moment i dont have that privelage.

sumkindofdemon

Laughing Man
tony sir u are a FUCKING BOSS. thanks for the notations in this thread. it gets me pumped to play smoke knowing he can do shit like this. if i ever win a major ill definately throw u a shout out for making it possible :p. thanks again for droppin the smoke knowledge for the smoke players

sumkindofdemon

Laughing Man
but i have a question i feel sometimes when i try the 3 d1 2 njp my target just face plants :rant3: WHAT AM I DOING WRONG :rant3: :deadhorse::throwcomputer::throwcomputer:

elamit

Noob
Tony, thank you for sharing your knowledge so liberally.
Smoke always felt natural to me but I never tried to practice seriously w/him.
Thanks again dude. :dance:

TONY-T

Mad scientist
tony sir u are a FUCKING BOSS. thanks for the notations in this thread. it gets me pumped to play smoke knowing he can do shit like this. if i ever win a major ill definately throw u a shout out for making it possible :p. thanks again for droppin the smoke knowledge for the smoke players
Your welcome bro!

TONY-T

Mad scientist
huh? these were patched out. Unless you're listing just for completion's sake (MK2 costume).
Not at all. Check my vid at 1:27. I do the combo but end it with jumpkick to airthrow to OTG. you can end it with f+4~EXsb for the same amount of damage pluss the chance for a reset. so i listed the version with f+4~EXsb as its the better version..

sumkindofdemon

Laughing Man
i got it for now tony it was basically stuff like the 3d12 njp the window is super small and do u mean the u+1 u+2 as njp im confused:eek:

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
Not at all. Check my vid at 1:27. I do the combo but end it with jumpkick to airthrow to OTG. you can end it with f+4~EXsb for the same amount of damage pluss the chance for a reset. so i listed the version with f+4~EXsb as its the better version..
I see, I read that as jk/airthrow even though it wasn't there.

TONY-T

Mad scientist
i got it for now tony it was basically stuff like the 3d12 njp the window is super small and do u mean the u+1 u+2 as njp im confused:eek:
Yes! NJP is u+1 or u+2.

If any of you are having trouble with the NJP after the 3d12, i think the best advice i can give is be precise with your button inputs. Dont push the 2 button in the 3d12 more then once. If your precise with those inputs the NJP should be able to come out fast. It appears if you push the 2 button more then once, the NJP comes out slower. Atleast thats how it was for me. now i dont have much trouble landing it at all..

Hope that helps.

arydious

Noob
another thing to help with the NJP is to piano the buttons, I jump and slide my finger from 1 to 2, i get it everytime

Yes, but he's getting a hotfix in the near future removing his reset. I'm not sure of the logistics of it, so if they change f4 in order to do it, and it may end up that these have to end with jk xx airthrow xx EX bomb in order to be possible and have the same damage

arydious

Noob
do these combos still work after the latest patch?
Yes the f4 at the end is really hard to connect with at first but it just takes time. Dont get mad when you can't do it the first time, just keep on doing. If you get really stumped watch Tony's videos and see how he has done them.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
This should be atleast 98% accurate, but if anyone knows of others that do more damage then what ive listed, then please feel free to correct me.

If a combo that ends in jk~airthrow~OTG bomb, does the same damage as f+4~OTG bomb, then im only going to list the f+4~OTG bomb combo, as its the better combo ender imo.

Ok, so these are what ive found to be smokes most damaging from each launcher, using only 1 bar , no resets and at "midscreen" only.

Combo starter: u/f+2 or u/f+1 or jip

jip, 3d12, njp, 3,2, 4~sb, 3,2, f+4~EXsb.... 54%

Combo starter: u/f+3 or u/f+4 or jik

jik, sb, 3,2, 3d12, f+4~EXsb.... 47%

Combo starter: smoke bomb or sb

sb, njp, 3,2, 3d12, f+4~EXsb.... 43%

Combo starter: Enhanced smoke bomb or EXsb

EXsb, njp, 3,2, 3d12, f+4.... 37%

Combo starter: b+1

b+1~sb, njp, 3,2, 3d12, f+4~EXsb.... 46%

Combo starter: b+2

b+2~sb, njp, 3,2, 3d12, f+4~EXsb.... 46%

Combo starter: 2,1~sb

2,1~sb, njp, 3,2, 3d12, f+4~EXsb..... 46%

Combo starter: 3d1~sb

3d1~sb, njp, 3,2, 3d12, f+4~EXsb..... 48%

Combo starter: 3,2

3,2, 3d12, 4~sb, 3,2, f+4~EXsb.... 46%

Combo starter: 3d12

3d12, njp, 3,2, 4~sb, 3,2, f+4~EXsb.... 51%

Combo starter: u+2 or u+1 or njp

njp, 3,2, 4~sb, 3d12, jk~airthrow, EXsb.... 43%

I think thats about it. If you take away the OTG bomb at the end of each combo, your left with basically his most powerful combos from each launcher using no meter.

He has heaps of variants that do the same damage, but usually they are the ones that end in jk airthrow. Its better to end his juggles with f+4 EXsb as its more reliable and sets up for the reset.

His 2 bar juggles is where it starts to get a bit different, but in all honesty there not needed, smoke does more then enough damage from 1 bar and you should never use more then 1 bar in a combo unless its the final round of a match..
My most used combo starter is B23, because I can hit confirm into smoke bomb or smoke away.

What is the highest combo possible after that?

Thanks T

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
My most used combo starter is B23, because I can hit confirm into smoke bomb or smoke away.

What is the highest combo possible after that?

Thanks T
b23 > smoke bomb > 32 > 3d12 > f4 > EX bomb

EDIT: note, this is midscreen only. b23 won't link into smoke bomb in the corner; it has to be :en

Faded Dreams V

Retired June 2012. Unretired June 2013.
And if you don't know how to do the F4 reset or don't want to waste meter, you can do the following:

B2 3 Smoke Bomb > 3 2 > 3 D1 2 > Jump Kick+Aerial Grab (can teleport next to opponent after the air grab for a sweep, grab, cross over, another B2 combo, etc.)

Edit: Didn't notice this topic is specifically for combos using one meter. Oopsies.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
What combo's are people doing for anti airs?
2(1)4~smoke bomb usually sets me up for more, and il usually mixed bag depending on where i am in the stage, how much meters are saved, etc etc, but what are other people doing for anti air damage?