What's new

Match-up Discussion Smoke Vs (Combatant)

i found something very useful about the kabal matchup: if you see a NDC coming, do d1 and cancel into amoke bomb. its not a combo, but theyre gonna be so busy pressing buttons that its pretty likely to catch em and punish with a full combo.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
i found something very useful about the kabal matchup: if you see a NDC coming, do d1 and cancel into amoke bomb. its not a combo, but theyre gonna be so busy pressing buttons that its pretty likely to catch em and punish with a full combo.
I like this a lot.

As for Cyrax, yea smoke gets out of the obstacle course for free, but cyrax can still throw nets at half screen relatively safely; it's tough to shake on reaction.

How dangerous Cyrax is up close is what makes the match hard. If you can run circles around the other guy and not get caught in the pressure game (that can still lead to death combos) you'll be in good shape. But, thats easier said than done.

arydious

Noob
I love the debates in here. It really helps to fine tune this guide. McNasty I never really thought about it, but i do think your right it is very possible to be in Smokes favor, i dont think i have fought a cyrax yet who had beat me, atleast not beat me by luck lol

SZSR

Noob
I like this a lot.

As for Cyrax, yea smoke gets out of the obstacle course for free, but cyrax can still throw nets at half screen relatively safely; it's tough to shake on reaction.

How dangerous Cyrax is up close is what makes the match hard. If you can run circles around the other guy and not get caught in the pressure game (that can still lead to death combos) you'll be in good shape. But, thats easier said than done.
Nets don't connect until a bit after they reach your character, so you have a good amount of time, albeit a small margin to Shake them. But if they try within sweep range, you can just block it and b2, 3 him. As for upclose, I would've thought :en Shake gave us the edge in that matchup. Additionally, we don't have to fear the bombs since A. Cyrax gets pretty measly damage on naked bombs (~20%) and B. We have any options to move away. You didn't state that in the post, but I just thought i'd point that out.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
we don't have to fear the bombs since
That's what I meant by "gets out of his obstacle course for free". I really only have experience against one cyrax player and he's crazy good (Darth Arma, top 8 at summer jam. Probably #2 Cyrax in the states) so maybe I just remember him being more dangerous than I would think now. But, again, if you can avoid cyrax's absurdly dangerous pressure game you'll probably win, but that's not an easy task.

SZSR

Noob
Question about Cyber-Sub, Liu Kang and those with Parries. Should we not opt for oki-pressure when keep-away should be the preferred style? Usually, good Cyber Subs, etc. can sniff out attacks and parry accordingly. Just wanted to hear some thoughts.