What's new

Tech Smoke Screen Trap

xSMoKEx

Coward Character User
Yes the corners do change. Shang's Garden's right corner doesn't seem to work. I will try to compile a list in the future.

I also updated a little section of the OP. If anyone else discovers new set ups feel free to post them.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
am wondering if this can happen with kabal's f4 NDC? i played someone the other day and when i did f4 ndc i went through him in the corner and he tried to attack and everything wiffed then i f32 Nd into corner combo and he was like wtf? :confused: can any one explain this and can you do the same as kabal??

King Checkmate

uɐlop sı ʎllɐnʇɔɐ
*CLAPS*

I already got some of them figured out.
BRAVO BTW.....

EDIT= Middle: JinP,3d12,NJP,dash,32,dash,d4,Smoke bomb,SST*-
36% + JinP for another poke game/combo

*Smoke Screen Trap [ dash block, dash, smoke away]

works like a charm, TY xSmokex :)

xSMoKEx

Coward Character User
If the name of the stage has a bullet " • " next to it, it means the trap works on that stage. If it does not, read the description.

Corners that do not work: (• = good)

The Courtyard •
The Courtyard Night •
Dead Pool •
Desert •
Flesh Pits •
Goro's Lair •
The Graveyard •
Hell •
Kahns Colliseum •
Living Forrest •
The Pit •
The Pit Bottom •
The Pit Day •
Rooftop Dawn •
Rooftop Day •
Rooftop Dusk •
Shao Kahns Throne Room (Unique properties: Smoke Towards in the right corner is the only one that works but the animation is just reversed not on a 3D plane. Left corner is fine)
Soul Chamber •
Shang Tsung's Garden (same properties as shao kahns throne room)
Shang Tsung's Garden Night (Same properties as shao kahns throne room)
The Street Stage •
Shang Tsung's Throne Room •
SubWay •
The Temple •
Evil Monestary (Same as Shao Kahns Throne Room)
Wastelands •
Armory •
The Bell Tower •

*CLAPS*

I already got some of them figured out.
BRAVO BTW.....

EDIT= Middle: JinP,3d12,NJP,dash,32,dash,d4,Smoke bomb,SST*-
36% + JinP for another poke game/combo

*Smoke Screen Trap [ dash block, dash, smoke away]

works like a charm, TY xSmokex :)
Check the combo thread
You can do another 3d12 before your d4
brings combo damage to over 40% dependent upon combo ender; not sure how naked smoke bomb does in that dept.

Nightwoe

Smoke's True Lover
Check the combo thread
You can do another 3d12 before your d4
brings combo damage to over 40% dependent upon combo ender; not sure how naked smoke bomb does in that dept.
Smoke bomb tagged on the end = inconsistent land, adds about 2 or 3%, can't remember. By inconsistent, I mean lands 1 out of 5.

King Checkmate

uɐlop sı ʎllɐnʇɔɐ
Right you are Frothy X)
The reason i use combos that do a little less damage involves Enemy meter gain calculation i did a couple of months ago....But i'll do its own post when i have the time(as you know, there aren't a lot of players that know how much EX BAR their combos give to the enemy XD).I kind of have my own smoke style that may look flawed but there is a reason for it.
But i have to admit i WILL check the combo thread since i haven't done that yet XD lol
I'm a scrub.....

Now on to the issue.
@xSmokex = I already mastered all the forms of smoke screen trap but i must say the corner ones are the ones more effective.

Corner=When you use smoke away and stay in the same spot, then attack with 3 ~ SB for another combo works pretty well the first time. After they know you will do that they will just stay blocking like pansies so from then on you must use the THROW option.
The combo I've been using on corner is:
JinP,3d12,32,32,32,21~SB, SST* (44% damage) ,then 3~SB,NJP,Whiff Teleport,32,32,32,214 (around 39% i think)
I did this combo out of your video trying to make it as close a possible.It might have a few changes but may be game style differences. (for example i never use d4 ~ SB for anything)
After once used there are 2 options: The enemy knows what Happens and knows how to counter-roll out. Option 2 the enemy had no idea what happened and next time he will just block.
So yea after the first use, THROW option.
You might also go with SST Smoke towards ( read AWAY ) for continuous pressure.

Mid-Screen= Besides looking cool as hell, i would say 99% of the time is better just to do more damage and a potential RESET.

Again Good job on your work on this xSmokex , let us know if you find anything else ! XD

SST* Smoke screen trap