What's new

Question Smoke Questions

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
Let's play if you have PS3 and we can see if you get frustrated getting in or not. I understand it is not bad, but it is not stupidly easy.
Ya bro, I'm always down for some Smoke matches.... I get off work and school by 4:30ish.... My PSN is Fractured_Shadow.... and yes, it is stupidly easy... I don't even factor online bullshit into it.... for Smoke F3 pressure might as well be an infinite online...

Fractured_Shadow

Do you have a way of recording so can see how you handle keeping cage out? Or could you give me your views on how to keep cage at bay, feel free to go as in depth as you feel necessary, this matchup has been discussed loads of times now and it all comes down to some people saying smokes free to cage (me), and others saying cage cant get in as easily(you), would be good to hear from your side of it!
My roommate is RM_Vapor and he will record a ft5 between me and RiBBz22 tonight.... I will upload it to the thread..... Btw this is not a beef war between us (I hope) I want this to be purely educational :cool:

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Do you have a way of recording so can see how you handle keeping cage out? Or could you give me your views on how to keep cage at bay, feel free to go as in depth as you feel necessary, this matchup has been discussed loads of times now and it all comes down to some people saying smokes free to cage (me), and others saying cage cant get in as easily(you), would be good to hear from your side of it!
Yep, I have a capture device.

RiBBz22

My roommate is RM_Vapor and he will record a ft5 between me and RiBBz22 tonight.... I will upload it to the thread..... Btw this is not a beef war between us (I hope) I want this to be purely educational :cool:
I will record, we can play longer FT5 means nothing to me. Not that anything online means anything to me either...but ya.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Same here, im not doubting either side because its not an unwinnable matchup, just the part i find hardest in this matchup seems to be smokes strong point, so would quite like to see how it goes.

RiBBz22 How good are you at landing resets online? offline when i played alot i pretty much never dropped them, and still had problems dealing enough damage inbetween getting locked down and i feel its quite a massive factor in influencing smokes bad matchups

RiBBz22

Same here, im not doubting either side because its not an unwinnable matchup, just the part i find hardest in this matchup seems to be smokes strong point, so would quite like to see how it goes.
Yeah, it is advantage Cage but it is not Kabal, Kung Lao, or Sonya.

RiBBz22

Sweet.... So you can UL it I'm assuming.... oh I will Smoke mirror you too.... I've been trying to play you for a while
For sure I can upload, we can play a long set. I should be online today so hopefully we can get it done today.

RiBBz22

RiBBz22 How good are you at landing resets online? offline when i played alot i pretty much never dropped them, and still had problems dealing enough damage inbetween getting locked down and i feel its quite a massive factor in influencing smokes bad matchups
I am pretty good with them online as long as the connection isn't complete ass.

Fractured_Shadow

For sure I can upload, we can play a long set. I should be online today so hopefully we can get it done today.
Nice, like I said I get off work and school at 4 (Central time) and should be home by 4:30.... I'm calling it now.... my YOLO online JIP are gonna be the death of Ribbz :p

Fractured_Shadow

I think there's a small window where you can hit Smoke out of Smoke Away before he goes invincible. So, yes, Cage should be able to counterpoke.

There's a 5f window from a blocked D1 apparently.
Smoke is never invincible in smokecloud unless it is EX... but even then it is after like 5 activation frames:/