What's new

Tech - Smoke Smoke Phase stuff

nodq

wicked
I just found that out today. I don't know if it is already known, but i couldn't find it here int he forum at least. The Dummy is set to always block.

Two short video clips to show that. The timing can be annoying but it works. I haven't tested it vs other characters armor moves yet. Maybe you guys will find good use for it.

KombatJames

For the lin kuei!
I just found that out today. I don't know if it is already known, but i couldn't find it here int he forum at least. The Dummy is set to always block.

Two short video clips to show that. The timing can be annoying but it works. I haven't tested it vs other characters armor moves yet. Maybe you guys will find good use for it.

Good stuff bro

Vigilante24

Beware my power, Red Lantern's Light
This is definitely a useful tactic. Ive already been using it to make myself safe on blockstrings and return to neutral but this is also useful. Another bait I like to do is end a string that is negative but safe, then EX Phase to bait counterpoke attempts/armor making them think it is their turn when it isnt.

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
This is pretty much just ending a blockstring into smoke away/towards and baiting armor right, or is there something im missing. If you do the wrong one and input something youll get hit.

Bomborge

Aspiring scrub
This works better with f21xxphase back/forward because of the gap in f21(3) and f21(4) which works well with baiting imo. It ends at -7 so if you do f21xxphase forward, laos spin will catch you; however, f21xxphase back will allow you to run in for a punish. As far as I tested, reptile's ex slide is the only reversal in the game that will catch you regardless of which phase you do for this.