sektor 6-4

shang 6.5 3.5

sheeva 6-4

sindel 7-3

skarlett 4-6

sonya 3-7

stryker 6-4

subzero 7-3

this is all considering being on medium size map as mu's change differing maps. if any questions or discussions then lets discuss :) . i have like my johnny cage a ridiculous amount of experience. its been about 6 months since i last played so a bit rusty with some memory

Last edited:
This chart is terrible

Nobody loses to Stryker. He bodies Lui Kang, he bodies Mileena, and he goes even if not has a slight advantage over Kenshi
mileena i alrdy said about read . stryker yeh was wrong way round again smoke beats him lol . liu does not lose to smoke no way no chance in a million years and every kenshi that you see does tp at stupid distance . if kenshi plays it smart then what smoke gna do if push distance . b2? sb dont work at sweet spot . would you ellaborate how you think liu loses to smoke id love to know . in detail :D thanks

I don't personally see how he 7-3's Freddy but only goes 6-4 with Sindel. You may need to elaborate on some of these.
yeh hehe i knew that was coming to be fair and cos sindel can at least do mind games with instant airs so smoke cant react teleport too quick and bait shakes off him in certain distances. i thought it was 7-3 untill playing a smarter sindel in that mu she has gimmicks and tools to sly her way in at least and cause damage . u gotta have hella good reactions to react to her instant airs too at certain distances :)

This chart is terrible

Nobody loses to Stryker. He bodies Lui Kang, he bodies Mileena, and he goes even if not has a slight advantage over Kenshi
i dont see how he bodies mileena to be fair when his standing 2 cant even touch her. me n sonicfox ran this a long while back and he prooved she can handle her own fine . smoke cant d3 214 her . hes not gna often be able to b2 her . sure d3 on crouch +10 into b23 yeh maybe but your forgetting smoke has 15 frame b2 . 16 frame s3 combo launchers . i think the chart is spot on . i played more games and have more exp with smoke than anyone on the planet so i fairly confid3nt . im willing to budge kenshi maybe to 5.5 but as i said people think oh just because smoke can sb him at range . then play dont play it at range .smoke is just the same as every other smuck once pushed back slightly and being pushed back is inevitable . whats smoke gna do smoke towards in and hit him? :) a decent kenshi wont allow it. i think you under estimating a smart kenshi buddy

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
i dont see how he bodies mileena to be fair when his standing 2 cant even touch her. me n sonicfox ran this a long while back and he prooved she can handle her own fine . smoke cant d3 214 her . hes not gna often be able to b2 her . sure d3 on crouch +10 into b23 yeh maybe but your forgetting smoke has 15 frame b2 . 16 frame s3 combo launchers . i think the chart is spot on . i played more games and have more exp with smoke than anyone on the planet so i fairly confid3nt . im willing to budge kenshi maybe to 5.5 but as i said people think oh just because smoke can sb him at range . then play dont play it at range .smoke is just the same as every other smuck once pushed back slightly and being pushed back is inevitable . whats smoke gna do smoke towards in and hit him? :) a decent kenshi wont allow it. i think you under estimating a smart kenshi buddy
Pushing Smoke away with Kenshi is counter-productive as fuck. The overhead slash check afterwards is not in Kenshi's favor and if flurry whiffs, well, the less said about that, the better. I've never had major problems against Smoke and I actually generally favour advancing/being aggressive (what can I say, I want that corner) but if Freddy loses to him then it doesn't make sense that Kenshi wouldn't. (For the record, I'm not saying that it's by as much)

Also I don't mean to be matchup police (since I dont play Mil or Smoke) but everyone can neutral duck Smoke's standing 2 anyway, hardly match-up determinant. More of the time you can just wait for Mileena to fuck herself over.

Last edited:
l
Scorpion is at least 7-3 smoke.

Sonya is 4-6 at worst.

What would I know though, I only had the best smoke player in the world to run matchups with.
you havent even played worlds best smoke . you maybe played a smoke who lives in usa and won some tournaments. you mightve played usa top smoke yes. who are you talking about? lol . and i can write a sonya mu description. you think sonya is 6-4 at its worst elaborate please why you think that? smoke has nothing on sonya . sonya blows him up with ease smoke has no defense. and @STRYKIE how do you hit mileena with him if mileena is smart as sonic fox? you cant just b2 etc . instant airs d4s etc its not easy at all . only a fool mileena does random tele or rolls. like said in original post though cud be wrong bout mileena but i dobt think its s blow over match by any means :)

Sonya is 4-6 at worst.

What would I know though, I only had the best smoke player in the world to run matchups with.
Vagrant I agree with smoke scorpion being 7-3 smoke but I have to say smoke vs sonya is at least 6.5 sonya possibly 7-3 on stages such as the pit. If the sonya knows the match up well, sonya completely shuts down smoke and I'm sure other good sonya players will agree with me. Honestly though a good sonya should not lose that match up often in my opinion.

It was a mistake to even bother posting.

Think what you want.
you cant just say 6-4 sonya at worst you got to say why you feel that way . back it up with something . a reason. its only fair i said id do a write up on that mu. yes scorpion can be 73 too maybe not gna disagree bout that . but i feel very strongly bout the sonya mu dude

Vagrant

Noob
I've run hundreds of games against Wafflez.

Whiff punishing d4, checking with smoke bomb, d4 b2 throw mixups, runaway, not having to give a shit about rings, out damaging her, and whiff punishing wakeup cartwheels all make this a bearable matchup for smoke

I'd be interested to see some matches of you two playing if there are any? No offence but it does sound like you are playing the matchup not entirely correct. If Wafflez was whiff punishing a lot of your d4s, I have to say that just comes down to a bad footsie game on your behalf as Sonya's d4 is a lot more superior than smokes b2 imo. It's 3 frames quicker, it has a lot more range, incredible mix ups with it, and it can even avoid the smoke bomb. Smokes D4 into any string or throw can be armoured out of. There is a 3 frame gap to interrupt the b2 after D4 on hit. Yes the armour can be baited but I thought it was worth mentioning. With the combination of good spacing of d4, ex cartwheel and a dive kick that has priority over pretty much everything, I can't see the footsie game being that much of a struggle for sonya. After Sonya's cartwheel on block there is a huge guessing game and it heavily favours sonya in my opinion. Some things worth mentioning.. Sonya can dive kick any string follow up after a d3 on hit due to it being 5 frames or simply just d1 linked into a special such as d1 cartwheel, or she can simply armour of course which is always a major threat. That's if smoke can manage to hit you with a d3. Although under used, sonyas standing 4 is a superb counter poking tool as it's 10 frames and hits mid. I especially like it for punishing D1s. I also like Sonya's standing 1 for counter poking with which is a very good punisher for d1 smoke bomb. However, if you block a d3 or d1 and they go for another poke, they will beat your standing 1, which is why I like standing 4 for counter poking so that stuff won't happen as it's a mid. Smoke has a very hard time dealing with Sonya's d1 linked into specials as he doesn't have a solid option to interrupt it, as opposed to a character such as johnny cage who can get a combo from b3 or f3. I think mix ups such as d1 ms overhead and d1 ms f1 are a very good option as Smoke has a very hard time punishing it. Smoke always has to keep his pressure short as he is always at risk of getting hit by that 5 frame dive kick, or ex cartwheel, or 7 frame standing 1 or d1 linked into special which he can not even punish well if read. Sonya is one of the best characters for punishing smokes 214 string. If sonya is crouch blocking and smoke attempts this string, it is very easily punished with standing 1 or dive kick as the 2 and the 1 both whiff over her head. Sonya is also the character with the best punish for a smoke bomb on block, being able to punish it for an incredible 40% meterless midscreen with a reset. I believe I have witnessed waffles doing crossover jump kicks a lot in this match up which can be punished very nicely with ex cartwheel on reaction into ms b2 b21f2 112 ms for a tasty combo of around 30%. To be honest you should not be getting your wake up cartwheel whiff punished often. You need to be more careful with it and not risk it when smoke is a good distance away or yes it can get punished easily.

When sonya manages to get smoke in the corner which she will, it's pretty much game over.

Last edited:

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
@STRYKIE how do you hit mileena with him if mileena is smart as sonic fox? you cant just b2 etc . instant airs d4s etc its not easy at all . only a fool mileena does random tele or rolls. like said in original post though cud be wrong bout mileena but i dobt think its s blow over match by any means :)
Yeah you can't just throw stuff out but generally Smoke does have an easier time playing safer/punishing harder against Mileena than vice versa. But yeah I'm not saying he steamrolls her lol.

Sonya is 4-6 at worst.

Compared to Scorpion's other 7-3s, Smoke feels faaaaar more manageable. It's more annoying than systematically difficult. It's definitely Smoke's advantage, but taking 4 games out of 10 in a set isn't implausible.

RTM2004

Revenant Jade
yeh hehe i knew that was coming to be fair and cos sindel can at least do mind games with instant airs so smoke cant react teleport too quick and bait shakes off him in certain distances. i thought it was 7-3 untill playing a smarter sindel in that mu she has gimmicks and tools to sly her way in at least and cause damage . u gotta have hella good reactions to react to her instant airs too at certain distances :)
Smoke destroys Sindel 7-3 but not bad as Cyrax, Kung Lao 8-2 or even 9-1.

The only thing Sindel has is her 44 as good footsie tool and her Hair Whip beats his Shake attempts. She literally has no comeback factor since her zoning and air game is obsolete due to Teleport and Shake and also his D3, D4 counterpoking and B2 whiff punisher is overwhelming considering leading to resets, she can't jump in due to his gdlk AA S2 also lead to resets. Once he knocks her down he can Shake her Low Fireball wake up attempt or even step back Smoke Bomb whiff punish her Cartwheel whiff out of range or he can NJP her on wake up, he will severely outdamage her and lame her out until the clock runs out she has no comeback factor at all she can't open him out. The only thing she can really do is play footsies with 44 but even when that whiffs, he blows it up big time. If you are playing online Sindel players she is much better there because offline her Fireballs and moves, normals in general have a lot of whiff recovery when missed. Sindel is terrible in this game : (

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !
you cant just say 6-4 sonya at worst you got to say why you feel that way . back it up with something . a reason. its only fair i said id do a write up on that mu. yes scorpion can be 73 too maybe not gna disagree bout that . but i feel very strongly bout the sonya mu dude
i agree sonya bops smoke pretty bad. i play it against @MITDJT and its free for him.. he just knows how to play the mu right.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Skarlet numbers are correct, i think she is one of the few characters who can play outside the rules set by smoke in this MU, she can avoid smoke bombs in different ways, and bait shakes, her crimson dash nulifies all smoke's chances of countering, even ex shake.
Aside from that, Smoke's game plan with the overhead and the low, forces characters to block standing leaving open for a lot of D4s, but in this MU he can get checked out with iaDD occasionally so its not that much of a good option.
He also lacks armor and is a big hitbox character, blockstrings all day.

Definitely 4-6 Skarlet's favor, but very manageable.

Smoke destroys Sindel 7-3 but not bad as Cyrax, Kung Lao 8-2 or even 9-1.
: (
yeh i always said 7-3 but put 6.5 as thought id get blown up for it by kl community lol. its my most hated match with sonya . i feel very limited vs kl and depise playing it . you convinced me with sindel and tweaked a little . thanks for your input . i enjoy reading detailed explanations for reasonings

Last edited:
the one mu im not sure about because i never really had chance to play this character at top level is against raiden. please share your thoughts, smoke or raiden mains

@RiBBz22
@RM AtK!

Last edited:
Skarlet numbers are correct, i think she is one of the few characters who can play outside the rules set by smoke in this MU, she can avoid smoke bombs in different ways, and bait shakes, her crimson dash nulifies all smoke's chances of countering, even ex shake.
Aside from that, Smoke's game plan with the overhead and the low, forces characters to block standing leaving open for a lot of D4s, but in this MU he can get checked out with iaDD occasionally so its not that much of a good option.
He also lacks armor and is a big hitbox character, blockstrings all day.
Definitely 4-6 Skarlet's favor, but very manageable.
watch scar vs waffles finals if you get chance . scar loses but i feel deserved a win. he doesnt know how to deal with scarlet so jumps all the time . if you get chance eddy watch it and count the jumpouts . youll be amused. and one thing people let smoke get away with is d4 d4 d4 but doesnt work due to everytime they d4 they need the little dash d4 again losing frames meaning can armour out. unless they dont dash and just d4 without moving inbetween . but seen waffles d4 dash d4 like 4 times without being stopped. i enjoy playing scarlet vs smokes a lot. its a lot of fun. i know its off topic eddy but who do you feel scarlett worst 3 mus are quickly . :) thanks