What's new

General/Other Smoke is on the way!

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Thanks to Tim Static
NEW Playstation Magazine Konfirms Raiden, Sonya, Jax, SMOKE, Kitana & Liu Kang for the NEW Mortal Kombat (2011)

Once i get visuals, i will post this!
Keep an eye out for your copy of PSM!

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Robot Smoke is also awesome, but either Smoke or Cyrax will be just human this time around given Boon's hint.

Krayzie

Safeties disabled. Krayzie mode engaged!
I want to be greedy and ask for both robot smoke and human smoke. :)

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Idc whether Smoke is human or not, though I prefer human. As long as he just isn't a Scorpion with faster walk speed and a better launcher, I'm fine. In other words, make Smoke have a unique moveset of his own!

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Idc whether Smoke is human or not, though I prefer human. As long as he just isn't a Scorpion with faster walk speed and a better launcher, I'm fine. In other words, make Smoke have a unique moveset of his own!
BLASPHEMY!

How about Smoke being human in one outfit and the other outfit is cyborg. He will have his smoke powers and abilities from MKA and he should not have a spear from the chest and explosives coming out of the chest. I think that is how both versions of Smoke will make it. If they want a spear just have the spear shoot from the hand and it should have a unique design and not like Scorpion's.

Krayzie

Safeties disabled. Krayzie mode engaged!
100% agree

How about Smoke being human in one outfit and the other outfit is cyborg. He will have his smoke powers and abilities from MKA and he should not have a spear from the chest and explosives coming out of the chest. I think that is how both versions of Smoke will make it. If they want a spear just have the spear shoot from the hand and it should have a unique design and not like Scorpion's.
I want two smoke versions... lol

I'm greedy, I know... :D

MKF30

I'm sure this will happen anyway, Boon said himself this time every character will not be sharing move sets hehe so I'm sure Smokey will play unique. I like this honestly.

Im pretty sure they announced every character being unique. No surprise here with Smoke being in. You can count on Jade and Ermac to be in as well. Itll be interesting to see how they handle the uniqueness. Its also important to slow down the startup frames from the lift. As we've seen with green lantern in MKDC; even if you block youll still get hit. Sonyas cartwheel is another, in fact the audio is slightly behind. Anyone who has played me offline knows i always go by the sound first.

THTB

Wouldn't it be better just to make block active the very first frame you press the button? If not, then yeah, I'd agree.

Shark Tank

I don't actually play these games
I'm sure this will happen anyway, Boon said himself this time every character will not be sharing move sets hehe so I'm sure Smokey will play unique. I like this honestly.
I wouldn't worry about him being a copy

Just no stinky fingers...he needs moves with better hygiene this time

MKF30

Yeah, I'm not worried at all with recycled moves like some other games or past MK games. I think Smoke will play sweet, I'm just wondering if he'll have his spear back (maybe not) lol I liked that stinky cloud move haha. MK D it was broken thogh like MK3's Sub clone.

THTB

His MKD/MKA moveset was really interesting. His moves created defensive walls and made it difficult to close in on him without getting trapped and set up for pretty decent damage. I wonder if they'll work like that.

His MKD/MKA moveset was really interesting. His moves created defensive walls and made it difficult to close in on him without getting trapped and set up for pretty decent damage. I wonder if they'll work like that.
Most likely they would because Smoke in UMK3 (Human and Cyborg) are both just pallette swaps with the spears and missles.