What's new

Strategy Smoke Frame Data Conlusions - Blocked String Gaps

HD Smoke

Noob
So that video that somberness posted with jades xray going through 3 d1 2 blew my mind. I am wondering if anyone has tested what all can go through the 3 d1 2 and does anyone think this will hurt Smoke? I would try this but im still waiting on my new xbox 360 to arrive.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
I was actually hoping that this would get swept under the rug and people would forget about it lol.

If there is a 1 frame gap, you can just frame an armor move. You have 2 frames to fit in an x-ray because the first frame of x-rays are invincible.

EDIT: Also, I'm gonna move this into the "Smoke Block String Gaps" thread since this falls under that category

HD Smoke

Noob
I was actually hoping that this would get swept under the rug and people would forget about it lol.

If there is a 1 frame gap, you can just frame an armor move. You have 2 frames to fit in an x-ray because the first frame of x-rays are invincible.

EDIT: Also, I'm gonna move this into the "Smoke Block String Gaps" thread since this falls under that category
So most armor moves can go threw it? Is it a risk though KT for an oppenenet to try and armor through it since its 1 frame?

Somberness

Lights
So most armor moves can go threw it? Is it a risk though KT for an oppenenet to try and armor through it since its 1 frame?
If they were early, and remembered to hold block after inputting the move, there would be no penalty because they would simply remain blocking like nothing happened.

If they hit it perfectly, the armored move would activate on the 1 frame gap where they are out of block stun before the next move hits. The armor would absorb d1 or 2 and connect.

If they are 1 frame late, the armor move would activate on the same frame that d1 or 2 connects causing meter drain.

If they are more than one frame late, they get hit. This is because you need to release block and press it again to have it register as an additional input to be applied to the special input. If you are late, whichever hit of 3d12 will connect while you are not holding block.
You can't armor through it because the first active frame of the next attack hits you on the same frame as you recover. X-ray works because the game is ahead of what is happening on screen and makes your character invincible. Armor just doesn't start until the 2nd frame of everything for whatever reason.
i wanna see air tp whiff recorvery plz ;p
Off a neutral jump after 5 frames, which is the minimum:
Duration: 9 in front, 32 behind

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
Armor just doesn't start until the 2nd frame of everything for whatever reason.
well that's weird.

so what does that mean in regards to the meter drain effect? that there are 2 frames where if contact is made to an armor move where meter drain can happen?

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
There's only 1 as the armor starts on the 2nd frame.
I see, so then the "gaps" in 3d12 aren't TRULY gaps, then. The recovery from the previous hit just doesn't overlap into the active frames of the next move; they are right up against each other.

Somberness

Lights
Initially I went with saying that something like 3d1 would be considered a 0 frame gap but since you can interrupt it, it should indeed be 1.