What's new

Question smoke bomb resets

this has happened to me on more than one occasion. i'm at the end of a round they have meter so after i smoke bomb them i go for an enhanced smoke bomb to try and chip them out. but the enhanced smoke bomb actually resets the combo. does anybody know the proper space and timing to perform this?? because honestly it would make smokes unbreakable game out of control good.

Lol it's -9 on block there is no pressure game that comes off it whatsoever, unless you mean smoke's getting pressured game in which case yes that exists

well i want to figure out the timing of that reset so i can catch them off guard
it's the same timing as his OTG smoke bomb

and at worst if they do block it will stand them up and i get pressure
it only works after an air grab, you get 10% chip, no free pressure

aka free grab
aka no free grab

seems like an unbreakable reset game to me. bub.
not really. 10% chip or a relaunch if your opponent is stupid and not blocking. that's it.

also dude you don't have to post 8 times for two sentences, you can edit your first post and add on instead of rebumping the thread every minute

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
seems like an unbreakable reset game to me. bub.
hahahhhahahah...dude, do yourself a favor and check the frame data thread before you start throwing out the bubs lol. You will be at -9 on the blocked bomb that OTG's so any continued pressure will be nothing more than a gimmick.

hahahhhahahah...dude, do yourself a favor and check the frame data thread before you start throwing out the bubs lol. You will be at -9 on the blocked bomb that OTG's so any continued pressure will be nothing more than a gimmick.
gimmicks win matches...

yeah -9 but your telling me someone would wake up from a blocked ex smoke bomb and go right into a poke? just because a move is negative doesnt mean shit when it comes to the reaction time it would take to do that. like honestly... people stick to close to frame data man. sometimes u just gotta use a mix up when u have the opportunity and honestly this thread was about trying to explore it if there was any possibilities thats all. pretty harmless if you ask me.

RiBBz22

yeah -9 but your telling me someone would wake up from a blocked ex smoke bomb and go right into a poke? just because a move is negative doesnt mean shit when it comes to the reaction time it would take to do that. like honestly... people stick to close to frame data man. sometimes u just gotta use a mix up when u have the opportunity and honestly this thread was about trying to explore it if there was any possibilities thats all. pretty harmless if you ask me.
Actually yes I am. Not even a poke really, if you are -9 and you are attempting to do another move pretty much anyone's normals will hit before yours will and you will be getting punished. I understand you are trying to explore the possibilities, but I would suggest looking somewhere else because what you are describing is what actually happens. You will get poked or combo'd.

A decent Smoke gimmick is when you train someone to respect 3d12 and then you mix it up with 3d1 throw. You are negative there (-2 I think??), but you can usually catch them sleeping even offline.

RiBBz22

haha pretty harmless until the bubs started flowing :p

haha pretty harmless until the bubs started flowing :p
im just sick of tym people being condescending as fuck. and when it actually comes down to it i could probly body every person that posted on this thread. people being disrespectful to just be disrespectful is annoying and shitty and thats why i perfer not to post on tym.

RiBBz22

im just sick of tym people being condescending as fuck. and when it actually comes down to it i could probly body every person that posted on this thread. people being disrespectful to just be disrespectful is annoying and shitty and thats why i perfer not to post on tym.
It seems to me you kind of fit right in then judging by your condescending posts, right? I mean, go back and look what you have posted in this thread...

We are trying to help you and tell you that this doesn't work, while also helping other people not make the same mistakes. We understand that sometimes you can get away with things that leave you at negative frames, but -9 is so bad that you will get pressured off of it unless you are playing a really really un-savvy player who refuses to let go of block or sits there in awe after a blocked ex bomb.

It seems to me you kind of fit right in then judging by your condescending posts, right? I mean, go back and look what you have posted in this thread...

We are trying to help you and tell you that this doesn't work, while also helping other people not make the same mistakes. We understand that sometimes you can get away with things that leave you at negative frames, but -9 is so bad that you will get pressured off of it unless you are playing a really really un-savvy player who refuses to let go of block or sits there in awe after a blocked ex bomb.
i see your point but i don't like your attitude. do u play on xbox? cuz i would enjoy losing a few rounds with my awful smoke.

RiBBz22

i see your point but i don't like your attitude. do u play on xbox? cuz i would enjoy losing a few rounds with my awful smoke.
No I am on PSN. I honestly don't have an attitude I was just trolling you with similar comments to the ones you were dishing out.

No I am on PSN. I honestly don't have an attitude I was just trolling you with similar comments to the ones you were dishing out.
honestly the bloodsport dude was the guy who pissed me off telling me to refer to the first line like i cant fuckin read.. just like unnecesary shit like that pisses me off

on another note i think i may have figured out another reset with smoke. that seems to be extremely consitant in practice mode. i hit them with the smoke bomb then turn always block on. then nuetral jump dash foward uppercut and ex SB. and it resets. considering the fact i had always block on for the AI it shouldnt be an otg but idk. im gonna further test this combo. because if it isnt an otg. people will not miss resets any longer.

Shadow316

You inspire no fear.
on another note i think i may have figured out another reset with smoke. that seems to be extremely consitant in practice mode. i hit them with the smoke bomb then turn always block on. then nuetral jump dash foward uppercut and ex SB. and it resets. considering the fact i had always block on for the AI it shouldnt be an otg but idk. im gonna further test this combo. because if it isnt an otg. people will not miss resets any longer.
Anything other than F4, SB won't reset them. If it does, then it won't work on human opponents. The AI always blocking can be misleading sometimes.

RiBBz22

Anything other than F4, SB won't reset them. If it does, then it won't work on human opponents. The AI always blocking can be misleading sometimes.
Yeah, training mode is pretty garbage. You need to confirm new tech with human opponents because the training mode AI fails to reproduce real in game situations.