What's new

Breakthrough smoke bomb reset is not real, just a cpu bug

Altsa

I also found out that AI sometimes wont block some resets when I was trying Jades double reset 100% combo.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Thanks Brady. Will NRS be fixing this practice mode bug in the next hotfix?
That is not something they can fix in a hotfix, will have to wait for an actual title update, which probably won't be for awhile, unless something really busted shows up.

PeeJaeys

Sabi
So with that said, why would this reset be patched, but not jades? Or is every reset supposed to be patched at one point in time? That or maybe Im just confused, I apologize Im extremely new to the fighting scene.

cabibi

Noob
So with that said, why would this reset be patched, but not jades? Or is every reset supposed to be patched at one point in time? That or maybe Im just confused, I apologize Im extremely new to the fighting scene.
it's because it's not technically a reset if the opponent has the option to block it. the sequence itself will still work, but the opponent has to not be blocking for it to work, which means you have to find a way to trick them into not blocking.

PeeJaeys

Sabi
So that means with that logic, it shouldn't be a "bug" persay. Could it be placed intentionally?
[BANANA]Oh and this is extremely off topic, but my hands feel so soft and nice =D[/BANANA]

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
it's because it's not technically a reset if the opponent has the option to block it. the sequence itself will still work, but the opponent has to not be blocking for it to work, which means you have to find a way to trick them into not blocking.
Right. But I have a feeling that not many people will be holding the block button after being sent full screen with a b+2, 3 in the one version of the reset. Could be wrong though.

This is also my reasoning for why it shouldn't be patched, which I've stated from the emergence of the reset.

fleshmasher

i got the poison
The CPU blocks better when trained to duck and block always.
I got the new :en OTB Smoke Bomb only to work when i used it like the old OTG Smoke Cloud (timing and opponent flying-altitude wise) on duck-blocking Cpu.

But i'm still unsure:

Is the new :en OTG Bomb blockable? For example in Jump Kick, Air Throw OTG?
Or is that also CPU messing up?
Because it doesn't count into the combos, Unscaled 10%, and i don't trust the CPU anymore.

About practice in general:

Practicing to land real overhead Jump In Punches(Which hit ducking and block-ducking opponents~combo starter) is also better on block-ducking dummy. JIP to :fk:d+:fp:bp against duck is more difficult than i thought.

Another idea to practice Smoke combos:
Try it while being Invisible or :en Invisible for added difficulty lol.

Damn i'm spoiled from SC4 practice mode. I miss trainable dummy.

If the new OTG :en Smoke Bomb works like the old one, i got:

:fk:d+:fp:bp, NJP, :r:r:r+:bk xx :en Smoke Bomb, :r:r, :fk:d+:fp:bp, JK, Air Throw, OTG :en Smoke Bomb.
That's 44% + 10%, with two bars of Meter. The timing and risk of wasting Meter is really hard though.

I said the same thing to the guy who brought it up. CPUs in training mode often don't block on wakeup as they're supposed to. Test these things on real people and make sure they're actually not blockable.